Horse Pokemon

Thread: Horse Pokemon

Default Horse Pokemon

So a lot of Pokemon are obviously based on real animals. Now I'm mainly a Gen 1 guy because that's what I grew up with and when you're a tween at the height of Pokemania, you better damn well be able to name all 150.

Anyway, I do still try to keep up with some of the newer and more interesting critters. To my knowledge there's been numerous Mouse/Rat Pokemn and quite a few dogs as well. The former is for obvious reasons (Mascot exploitation) and of course dogs are man's best friend.

But what about horses? As far as I know, only the beloved Gen 1's Ponyta and Rapidash are clearly based on horses.
    Since the Pokemon developers do love to cater to cuteness, you'd think they'd at least have a few Pony Types.

So are there any other Horse Pokemon? And if not, ay ideas why?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Horse Pokemon

@Nikkolas; I've moved your thread to World as it seems a more suitable place.

As for Horse Pokémon, Gen V introduced two new Pokémon, Blitzle and Zebstrika, which are based on Zebras, which are closely related to Horses.

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arceus is equine like too physically and his movements on PBR and his sprite movements in DPPt.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only horse-based Pokemon we have are Ponyta (Pony), Rapidash (Unicorn), Blitzle (Zebra Pony), Zebstrika (Zebra), and Keldeo (Sea Pony). There are still some hooved species who have yet to become Pokemon:

Adult Horses (Rapidash w/o the horn)
    Donkeys
    Pegasus
    Cydale
    Those Asian wild horses whose names are faint in my mind
    Alicorns

Here are some Horse-like pokemon, which, i mean that, like horses, have four hooves.

Sawsbuck - Deer
    Stantler - Reindeer
    Girafarig - Giraffe

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Keldeo is a kelpie, a mythological beast that was a type of pony-unicorn of water.

It is mostly a pony of sorts. Or a "colt" as the pokédex calls it.

Worth mentioning is that the musketeers are deer instead (yes, even Terrakion), making him the odd one out.

I find it odd though that until Gen V we didn't have any more pokémon closely related to horses. There were some other hooved animals, sure, but not equines. Despite being rather prominent in myths.

[/overexposition]

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

All I know is that I want a Pokemon based on Pinkie Pie.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.