Have you ever quit Pokemon? - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Default Re: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

I have a month after BW2 came out, then came back in about a week ago. I just didn't have the time for it anymore
    Saturnidae likes this.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

After I lost my Game Boy Advanced I pretty much quit Pokémon for a couple of years until I really, really wanted to get into it again. After looking things up again I saw that I had completely missed the release of GenIV So I bought a DSi and Platinum and never looked back after that. Sometimes I don't play for a while, but never for too long. I don't think I will ever quit these games as long as they make them, and even then I'll just keep playing the old ones.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

I quit like after gold/silver because I just lost interest. That and I was heavy into street fighter/tekken and never got around to purchasing the Hoenn/Sinnoh games

lots of cool looking pokemon though in those areas, no doubt

Blog Entries

I did quit the anime sometime around Advanved, and got back into it once Diamond and Pearl was first announced and when I got Diamond for the DS. I haven't quit since them but I usually stop playing the main games after a while once I beat the main story.
    Saturnidae likes this.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

yeah i did for ages i was obssesed with pokemon consistenly till around 2009 i think thats when i sold my pokemon diamond and emerald to help buy an xbox 360. i also stopped buying cards going to pokemon card tournamnets and watching the anime altogether partly because i lost the channel they were shown one. i went 3 years without even thinking about pokemon, I was obsessed with comic book heros (mainly batman) for most of that time but now im back into watching the poke anime once again and of course addicted to the games, Im watching BW every week and re-watching MQ at the moment.

Adviser to the king Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Follow Twisted Roselia on Tumblr Visit Twisted Roselia's Youtube Channel

I've never really properly quit Pokémon, but I've taken breaks, especially when I got obsessed with other games (like Ace Attorney...). But whenever there's a new Pokémon game coming out, or an event, or my little brother is watching new episodes of the anime and makes me watch them with him, it always gets me back into it. Yeah, I don't think I'll quit for another few years at least.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I won't say I quit the franchise as much as I am phased out of it, since other interests gradually took over. That was during the time when Generation 3 was beginning, since I thought of Pokemon as a shallow game series. However, what got me back was when I found out how deep the gameplay of the series is, even having competitive battling (something I thought was not possible because people could just switch back and forth to no end). I have a feeling that I will phase out at one time, although it's probably not in the near future.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

No, actually. I mean, my interest in it has waned several times over the years, but I've never fully quit.

I did for a couple of years, because my mother was putting a lot of pressure on me. Made me get rid of almost all of my cards and merch...man, I'm still mad about that...

But I missed out on Ruby & Sapphire, and almost missed Diamond and Pearl. I'm back, pretty much full-swing, though I don't talk about it too much, because nobody I know really knows/understands/cares, lol, but no more hatin'. Just bought myself a new Pokedoll. *slaps hand* Bad.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Yeah, in 3rd grade. I kinda forgot about my Pokemon cards and such.

Blog Entries

I go through phases of being more, then less, interested in it, but I've never actually quit.

Blog Entries

I never really quit the games, although there was a bit of a lull in activity during Gen III. Not that I didn't like that Gen, mind you but my interest waned slightly. It came back with Diamond and Pearl and with the Fifith Gen..... Hey, I have a pair of all time faves now. You better believe I'm not quitting anytime soon!

I have quit the anime--I stopped watching full time right after Advanced Gen. My work schedule didn't allow me any time to watch and I just wasn't enjoying the show as much. I'm just now really getting back into it as a lot of the B&W eps are on my CN OnDemand service so I don't miss anything.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I've never quit per se, but due to many reasons, I've stopped playing the games for some periods, ranging from a few weeks to even years.
    I had regularly played Pokémon since I got Emerald for my tenth birthday (what a coincidence!), but I know about the franchise since I was a little kid. I had watched the anime until then, but I had never played the games. However, I started to get bored from playing after I couldn't find a picture of Manaphy or something like that in Platinum; it was the last Pokémon left for watching on my Dex. I really wanted to complete it so I could transfer my Pokémon from Emerald and FireRed to Platinum. Also, I accidentally dropped my DS while I was walking on the street, and it was seriously damaged, so I stopped playing for about a year and a half or even two, I don't remember that very well :S
    I kept watching the anime, until the voices started to change in my country. Then I lost the track of it because the timeslots changed in Cartoon Network. In 2009 or 2010 I began to read the manga, in MangaFox, but it was banned after a while, and I stopped reading it too :/
    It was then when I learnt about HG/SS and later about B/W, but as my DS was broken I wouldn't be able to play them. I waited until my sister got a 3DS for Christmas 2011. We decided to share the console, and I bought White last year, and I just got White 2 :D...
    So yeah, that's my long story.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

I started playing Pokemon when I was...around 7 or so? It was when it first started becoming popular in the US.

From ages 13 to about 18 (maybe 19) I quit playing. Not because anyone bullied me for it, I just...lost interest, so I missed out on a lot of the sidegames and Generation IV. My brother was the one who got me back into it, so HGSS was my re-introduction into the series.

Blog Entries

Yeah, when Generation III was released. I quited because I had no money to buy a Game Boy Advance.
    But once I bought my first PC, I played the new games (RSE/FRLG) on an emulator... Unfortunately it wasn't very enjoyable. :[

Anyway, my love for the franchise was renewed when I bought my DS to play Diamond & Pearl. I love these games.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast