Have you ever quit Pokemon? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

Default Re: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

I quit after GSC, although not intentionally. I guess Pokemon lost its popularity in the UK after then, I didnt catch the anime either. When RSE came out I was in secondary school and being in an all girls school, it was never mentioned. In 2009 my boyfriend at the time got me a DS for christmas, with some god awful game. I was looking on amazon at games and saw Pokemon: Platinum. I didnt even realize that pokemon was still going. SO I got the game, and have been re-hooked ever since.

Its a good job to, if it wasn't for playing Pokemon and using Pokemon forums, I wouldn't really do anything apart from work...
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I quit halfway through D/P for about a year. I can't actually remember what brought me back. (Whatever it was, it caused me to join these forums!)

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, a couple of times.

And yet, here I am.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

The only time I ever really quit... well, I guess you could say there were two times?

The first was after I had beaten the heck out of SoulSilver and got really bored from attempting to breed for specific natures. I didn't stop liking the series, I just stopped playing until Black and White came out.

And then I quit after I beat White. Above scenario. Bored as heck, and didn't even get more than 200 entries in my National Dex.

And I'm back with Black 2. 589 entries later, I'm still going strong. Heck, I even reopened these forums.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Blog Entries

I quit it a few years ago. It wasn't intentional, it just...happened. I became preoccupied with other things, such as Battle B-Daman and YGO, and I was too young to use forums so I didn't have anybody to talk to, and my interest just faded, and went. It's normal to lose interest in something for a while, I think.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't say quit but I have definitely stopped playing for a couple of months before due to probably wanting to take a break or because I got bored. Either way I still love Pokémon and will still keep playing it until the wheels fall off and it can't ride anymore which will probably be a long time from here.
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 2nd May 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries

i've never quit the game series, i've taken breaks from playing them for some periods of time but i never lost intrest in the pokemon games.
    the pokemon anime however i did quit, and i stoped around the time Misty left the series..and no that's not why i stoped watching, i just got older and started feeling like the anime was too ....can't find the words to describe but i felt like i was too old for it..but i never felt too old for the game series.

Nyx

I did "quit" once, I think it was sometime in 2005/2006, when the anime stopped airing here. I began playing again in 2009 when Platinum was released.
    I also took a short break from playing between the realease of BW and BW2. I love pokemon though, so I don't see me quitting anytime soon.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Yep, I kind of lost interest for many years around late Johto/Gen II. I did borrow and play the Gen III games in that time, but they didn't get me back into the franchise as I found them disappointing.

Funnily enough even though I didn't like the Hoenn games, it was the Hoenn saga of the anime that really got me back into the franchise again. I decided on a whim to watch it through in early 2010 and absolutely loved it. Getting a DS and all the DS titles pretty much sealed the deal, especially with all the excitement of the Gen V release in that same year.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

I quit for a few years after some time playing the Platinum. I didn't played Gen V til B2W2. So this whole BW thing is so new to me.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say I quit playing pokemon and I plan on not quitting but I did stop playing it for a while

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I don't think I ever truly quit Pokemon. I did have to stop playing the games last month, but i don't think that counts since it was against my will. And it was because I got in trouble for not finishing my book reports (but I made up for it last week).

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't think that I ever quit Pokemon. I didn't lose interest in either the games or the anime. I got interested in other shows, like Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I didn't stop playing the games or watching the anime. Even with people making fun of me for enjoying Pokemon, I didn't consider dropping it in favor of getting into whatever was popular with them. I didn't see the appeal of doing something I really didn't want to do or the appeal of trying to be accepted by people who treated me like dirt anyway. I just didn't showcase my interest after awhile and pretended that I didn't care about it, which was easier to do. I just never felt bored enough with either the games or the anime to drop the franchise completely.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me, it was about a decade.

In 2001, I was about halfway through Crystal when I found about RS. Being a 13 year old with very limited allowance, I didn't want to save up all that money just to buy a GBA and a copy of a game. Plus, when I read that the Pokemon from the Gen I and II games were incompatible with Gen III and that RS would only have some of the Pokedex available, I decided to quit. Why leave all the Pokemon I raised lovingly in Silver? And, most of all, why play a Pokemon game where many of the older ones weren't even available without hacking? (this was way before FRLG were announced) Gen III seemed like a step back from Gen II in all areas to me. I also thought I was growing too old for the franchise, starting junior high and all.

However, during that decade off I still had some bile fascination, if you will. I checked some fansites once in a while just to see all the new Pokemon from Gens III and IV. With the advent of Youtube, I watched game videos and listened to music. I even eventually caught up with all the movies, with the better animation and legendaries and all. I always loved the Legendary Birds and some of the Internet memes, and did buy a little bit of merchandise when I was an undergrad in the late 00s. Some of my college mates treated it fondly, and many people participated in the first annual Pokemon Profile Pic Month on Facebook in 2009. Pokemon, to me back then, was something from my past that "would always hold a special place in my heart," but not something that I would actively be involved in again.

Besides, by that time, I realized that Gen IV piggybacked off of Gen III and I missed a ton of events, so I would be way behind on stuff if I ever got back into the fandom.

Then Black and White were announced in spring 2010...

I had found out about Gen V when a high school mate posted the reveal of Zorua and Zoroark on another friend's Facebook wall. After raging and thinking that the franchise "sold out," I still had the bile fascination to look into what they were releasing. Then I read that BW were going to be more story intensive and a fresh start.

Hmmmmm, I thought. Maybe I should actually play the games again if they're semi-rebooting everything. I then decided to buy a DS in time for BW's US release. Then I looked into HGSS, because Gen II was my favorite gen at the time. I realized that HGSS took the first Pokemon games I ever played and made them BETTER, including making my favorite Pokemon available in the wild and all the extra features. I decided to buy HeartGold and a used DS just in time to get Mew in fall 2010.

After playing Gen V, I don't regret my decision. I'm a bigger Pokemon fan now than I was in middle school. I've gone to cons and other events meeting likeminded fans. Anime-wise, I still stick to the movies, but I wanna watch a few choice episodes and the upcoming saga looks awesome. The TCG is what got me into the franchise, but I haven't bought any cards in years and only get promos to add in my binder. I am building up a little plush collection, though.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I wouldn't say "quit" but I was in several situations where I couldn't play the newer games because I didn't have a certain system. Such as I couldn't play any gen 3 games cause I didn't have a GBA till 2005. Neither could I fully play Diamond and Pearl till 2010 cause I didn't have a DS of my own. I would still paly older games but I felt left out cause I couldn't play the current ones.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast