Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 9

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Charizard isn't underrated. It never was and it will never be.

It is VERY overrated and overhyped, even though it sucks in the competitive scene.

Registered User Chaotic Inferno's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cynthia. At first, when they announced her, I really didn't care much for her. But the fans only made it worse. "Queen Cynthia!! I LOVE U..." and so on. Even in the anime, she was....just boring, imo, lifeless... she wasn't really needed in then. I'm sorry. :B

I may add Misty to the list. I understand that most people would feel saddened and upset over her leaving, but to the point where they'd say the whole show is ruined? And (from my experience) bashing all new female companions when they haven't even given them a chance? :V

N...I'm beginning to dislike a bit...."I'm N's waifu!" "He's so awesome and hot and...", etc. N does seem like a cool character, but the fans are doing the same thing as with Cynthia.
    Last edited by Chaotic Inferno; 4th July 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    Signas, Reila and Itsuki like this.

Charizard is simulaneously overrated and underrated, depending on which fans you're talking to.
    Owain likes this.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Mudkip.

I just have a huge hatrid for that starter, because of it's fans. I use it right now, and I like it's evolutions, including Swampert.

Just people overused the meme, to the point where people voted for Mudkip on the poll on Pokémon.com hundreds of times just for teh lulz. If Mudkip still won, I sware, I would be mad. That got me mad.

Oh, did I mention N?

He's a good character, and deserved to appear in Black and White 2.

But, of course, people made fanfics and pics...and they described him as someone else other than what he was intended to be in the original Black and White, and the way Game Freak intended him to be. Even the ship irks me sometimes. Almost 99.9% of all fics on FF.net are about N and Hilda, N and Hilbert, N and someone else! Only very few get his character right.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Cynthia. I'm sorry, but she's not an interesting character, only serves as fanbait, and keeps getting shoehorned into games where she really isn't needed.
    Momoka, Saiga and Itsuki like this.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Arceus, anyone?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

"All systems full power!" NuvemaHillShipperSonic!'s Avatar

Visit NuvemaHillShipperSonic!'s Youtube Channel

N & Caitlin! That is all.
    Last edited by NuvemaHillShipperSonic!; 30th June 2012 at 01:04 AM.
    Itsuki likes this.
    Tumblr|DA|PokeCommunity|Serebii

Banner by emerald on the PokemonNewsDaily forums. Avatar by Blue Dragon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyou View Post
    Cynthia. I'm sorry, but she's not an interesting character, only serves as fanbait, and keeps getting shoehorned into games where she really isn't needed.
    I only like her because of her themes (especially the piano one) and the fact that her team has perfect IVs.

But on topic; No, I have never hated a character or Pokemon for something so trivial as their fanbase.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I've never actually hated a character or Pokemon based off the fans, but I sure as hell have hated the fanbases for them.

Gardevoir - Dear God, why do you people do this to my favorite Pokemon? I'm halfway ashamed to say Gardevoir's my favorite because of all the Rule 34 it's subjected to.

N - N, to me, was a pretty awesome character. I hate that the fandom turned into this little crybaby bishie thing that keeps getting paired up with people.
    Saiga likes this.

Iris is starting to get annoying. I never had a problem with Iris so much but now it's getting on my nerves. mostly because of a few people who just love to defend Iris at any means neccessary. I like certain characters but I am willing to acknowledge flaws and development issues that they can use to get better. No biggie. It's just abit of a turn off.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Well, when I first got into the actual fanbase, it was first May and Dawn (in my big Pokéshipper phase), then Misty, although that's abated since DPPt ended. For now, I'd have to say I'm not too fond of Charizard or N because of their fanbases. But then again, I'm just weird and I like Ghetsis more than N because of N's crazy fans and because I admire Ghetsis' style (can't say for BW2 though).

I also don't like Cynthia or Skyla because of their fans.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

I still like N, but not the blushy sparkly lovey-dovey version of him that a part of his fanbase thinks he is.

Blog Entries

Audino ! It reminds me with my annoying friend's boyfriend :P

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

Nidoking, I still like him though. I haven't seen overreacting Nidoking fanboys/fangirls lately. But, Rule 34 is flooded with pictures of him though.

(I don't go to rule 34 but Google Images is always slapping me to something dirty)
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

Blog Entries

I think Charizard is underrated because of the sheer amount of hatred he gets for being 'overrated' despite me seeing far more hate then liking towards him.. I like him a lot and think he's a good Pokemon but he's hardly the best...
    Catspring, Saiga and toramaru like this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast