Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Mix of the Ice Type
    Palermo as a person, but GaiaBurgh as a mix. Palmita is from the Pixie Town.

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    I'm tired of being the only Finnish Pokémon fan who doesn't think the Eeveelutions, Vulpix/Ninetales or Lucario are God-send. Especially the Eeveelutions have been ruined for me by their popularity, and I wouldn't even mind them otherwise if they weren't spammed in every community I visit.
    Ah yes, the Eeveelutions. Pretty creative in theory, because it's a Pokemon who evolves into different types, but I think the fans are overusing them that makes them less enjoyable. Once I wanted to find some fanart for Glacia, but the most popular entries are Glaceon-related, and not the Elite Four member herself. Also, part of the reason one of the dA artists (one who draws a Pokemon a week) decides to go through alphabetically is if she ask fans to choose the people to vote, Eeveelutions will be the most likely candidate. Similarly, I feel very indifferent about Lucario, considering how popular it is (even appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!). Really, familiarity breeds contempt.

However, I don't mind Ninetales, 'cause it's not as overused, and it's cool that it has Drought.

Thanks for reading.
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/308/2/9/Elite_four_Glacia_by_Orbzap.png

Blog Entries

My point was that the most popular art for Glacia was Glaceon-related, not that there aren't any Glacia (E4) fan art. Of course there will be, since there are some people that remembers her, but it's just that those fan art aren't as popular as that fan character of that Pokemon called Glacia.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (22/11/2014)

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Kami Trio.

When they were first revealed, everyone was like "these are the coolest Legendaries ever", even putting them higher than Mewtwo and Arceus. And the amount of fan-art I see of them is staggering. Game Freak turning them into Gary Stus who have complete control over the weather didn't help either, and the Anime 2-Parter was literally one-hour of showing off their bulging biceps to pander to their legions of fan-girls.

*sigh* And now that Game Freak introduced their amazingly sleek Sacred Beasts Formes, well, I just can't stand the amount of fawning over them and how people are literally more excited over them than anything else in Black 2 White 2, with most fans ignoring everything else and going "who cares about N? I want to find out about the Sacred Beast Trio!!!! XDDDD".

Honestly, they've become worse than the Eeveelutions. :(
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    The Kami Trio.

When they were first revealed, everyone was like "these are the coolest Legendaries ever", even putting them higher than Mewtwo and Arceus. And the amount of fan-art I see of them is staggering. Game Freak turning them into Gary Stus who have complete control over the weather didn't help either, and the Anime 2-Parter was literally one-hour of showing off their bulging biceps to pander to their legions of fan-girls.

*sigh* And now that Game Freak introduced their amazingly sleek Sacred Beasts Formes, well, I just can't stand the amount of fawning over them and how people are literally more excited over them than anything else in Black 2 White 2, with most fans ignoring everything else and going "who cares about N? I want to find out about the Sacred Beast Trio!!!! XDDDD".

Honestly, they've become worse than the Eeveelutions. :(
    Please tell me you're joking or being sarcastic. I've only seen them being derided for being cheap recolors of one another.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

I dislike the Eeveelutions immensely, due to the fact that every bad OC has to have one, and people everywhere seem to love them for no real reason.

As for characters, Cynthia and N by far. I'm tired of Cynthia's legion of drooling fanboys, and N's legion of drooling fangirls.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cofagrigus, simply due to the two Arceus-awful pieces of Rule 34 art I stumbled across on pixiv. Seriously, that hideously creepy thing needs to stay the slag away from my darling Golurk! Ugh, what was seen can never be unseen...

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Trainer wise, EVERY SINGLE RIVAL except Barry is pretty much like this, also, Flint x Volkner *shudder* and Cynthia

As for the Pokemon themselves, there is Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lugia, Mudkip (because of that meme), the final evolutionary stage of every fire type starter (especially Charizard and Blaziken), Gardevoir, Garchomp, Darkrai, Zoroark, Bisharp, the Tao dragons (especially Zekrom)...

...and most especially, UMBREON, if there is one Pokemon I DESPISE, it's Umbreon, no offense, I love the Eevee evolutions even if they are overrated as hell, just not Umbreon, especially shiny Umbreon, it's probably most overrated Pokemon in existence, even moreso than Charizard in my opinion.

I won't list Lucario, Weavile, or Glaceon (or any Eevee evolution not named Umbreon) because I really like those Pokemon.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I'm starting to hate the new player character (the male) because of the stupidity of the fandom (mostly on tumblr). I thought the Pokémon were supposed to be the important part of the game, but no! all those people care is about drawing the PC (and Cheren, N) like bishonen characters and call them their "babies".

Dear god, what happened to Pokémon fandom.
    Or maybe I am getting to old for this shit...
    Last edited by Reila; 18th May 2012 at 01:35 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I believe I'm starting to hate Venusaur because of his fans from the metagame, overshadowing the other two starters: Charizard and Blastoise, who are also decent in battle but never given the chance to shine because of the requirements to be OU.

I've never hated a pokemon based on it's fans. Mewtwo and Arceus fanboys get kind of old, but it's because they're simply jealous of Mew, truly the most powerful pokemon ever! ;D

Mudkip, Eevee, and all the other popular pokemon I'm fine with. I'm kind of a big Eevee fan.

Characters I'm mostly fine with. I HATE Paul, and all those who go bat shit insane whenever they hear his name. Just because the show finally got a character who abused and hated his pokemon (who wasn't an evil villain) and that couldn't be turned around in one episode doesn't mean you can worship him.

And Ash let him win all those times.
    Back, and better than ever! :D

Awesomating everything xawesomatorx's Avatar

Visit xawesomatorx's Youtube Channel

For me, Charizard. It do not completely hate it, I just dislike it a little more now because it is overrated.
    |Youtube Channel | <<<Do me a favour; click that link

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I believe I'm starting to hate Venusaur because of his fans from the metagame, overshadowing the other two starters: Charizard and Blastoise, who are also decent in battle but never given the chance to shine because of the requirements to be OU.
    Hm, yeah, like those people bashing the poor Dodaitose because Fushigibana is supposedly better than it.
    Fushigibana is getting a lot of fans nowadays.

But that is better than Lizardon getting more fans than it already have.

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

While I just don't pay attention to certain interpretations of characters and keep in the sane side of the fandom with a policy of "don't like, don't look", I have to mention both of the Harmonias get on my nerves because of this, although it's not the only reason I hate them:

-Ghetsis is an absolute abomination and possibly one of the most evil villains (I could go on and on with this crime list), but it annoys me that most people find him interesting because of this. To me, despite how he was able to plan his gambits, in the end he was nothing more than another overlord-like peer lacking of a motive other than sadism and the generic "world domination plot", thus far from an interesting villain; the reveal in the ending didn't come off as much of a surprise when I played the translated games.
    -N is literally everywhere and is pretty overrated; even the game itself gives him a relevant place than may not have been deserved in the "villain" position he was. The "insane" fans either tend to portray him as a generic prettyboy and blatantly out of character, and even the "sane" fandom who portrays him in-character tends to overlook the actual flaws he had. Personally, I disliked his treatment of the player character(s) and some of the important NPCs, and he has a tendency to annoy me with the way he tried to shove his ideas down their throats. His portrayal in Special helped further my hate of him.

Charizard, Eevee, and Lucario. I don't really care for them to start with, and it makes it even worse seeing so many drooling over them, and usually bashing other Pokemon while they're at it. Most- not all- typ liek dis or are nostalgiafans.
    Want to RP pokemon? Nope, 90% of the community's characters are Lucario OCs.
    Want to look up Pokemon art? Enjoy your Eeveelution base recolors.
    Pokemon fanfiction? Oh, a story about a misundastood Charizard.

I don't exactly hate these Pokemon, but I am pretty sick of seeing them represented so poorly.
    I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!

Claims: Pyroar and Overheat

Shadow Triad Elite ShadowStriatonTriad's Avatar

Visit ShadowStriatonTriad's Youtube Channel

I really do HATE Dawn. She is annoying and ugly. It truly sickens me. She and her "fans" are the reason I hated the Sinnoh Region. I stopped watching the anime until Pokemon Best Wishes was aired and I didn't buy any Generation 4 games.

Don't leave Comrades behind.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast