Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Pikachu, Umbreon, Charizard, N. I still actually kind of like Charizard, but at the same time I hate it. e_e

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    I think I found a line on TVTropes that perfectly encapsulates how Cynthia fans have ruined the character for me:

Cynthia's pedophilia and awesomeness. Everyone's her bitch. Even Red.
    >.>
    Saw the same quote, had the same reaction.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'd like to believe that "pedophilia" and "awesomeness" were separate, but, knowing TVTropes, it wasn't. :(
    Karamazov likes this.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like Piplup a lot more, were it not for the anime trying to shove it down our throats and make it Pikachu 2.0. I've always said that I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dawn's Piplup just up and learned Thunderbolt.

EDIT: Ironically, I just realized I've had the same avatar since the episode where Piplup learned Hydro Pump. In my defense, that particular image was just screaming to be captioned "IMMA FIRIN MAH HYDRO PUMP!!!"

Blog Entries

But Cynthia is awesome D:
    Isn't she?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Misty. Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character, but her fans were extremely annoying...

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

I'm tired of being the only Finnish Pokémon fan who doesn't think the Eeveelutions, Vulpix/Ninetales or Lucario are God-send. Especially the Eeveelutions have been ruined for me by their popularity, and I wouldn't even mind them otherwise if they weren't spammed in every community I visit.
    Chibisyko and Grave-E like this.

y team

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    I'm tired of being the only Finnish Pokémon fan who doesn't think the Eeveelutions, Vulpix/Ninetales or Lucario are God-send. Especially the Eeveelutions have been ruined for me by their popularity, and I wouldn't even mind them otherwise if they weren't spammed in every community I visit.
    Ah yes, the Eeveelutions. Pretty creative in theory, because it's a Pokemon who evolves into different types, but I think the fans are overusing them that makes them less enjoyable. Once I wanted to find some fanart for Glacia, but the most popular entries are Glaceon-related, and not the Elite Four member herself. Also, part of the reason one of the dA artists (one who draws a Pokemon a week) decides to go through alphabetically is if she ask fans to choose the people to vote, Eeveelutions will be the most likely candidate. Similarly, I feel very indifferent about Lucario, considering how popular it is (even appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!). Really, familiarity breeds contempt.

However, I don't mind Ninetales, 'cause it's not as overused, and it's cool that it has Drought.

Thanks for reading.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I hated Charizard anyway, because of how irritating I found Ash's in the anime, but the way all the old-school fans fawn over Charizard really, REALLY annoys me. I like every fire starter better, partly because of that reason. And it's half flying type. Wow, that's original, having flying as a sub-type. "OMG, it's a dragon-looking thing! It's so tough and ferocious!" Um, no. In fact, I think it has a terrible design.

UGH.

I also hated Misty anyway, but the way so many people act like she's the end-all female character gets on my nerves. Dawn and May are LOADS more developed personality and goal-wise, and hell, I even like IRIS more. Okay, we get it, Misty was the original girl and she got replaced. Get over it!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Um...none I really hate, but I always avoid using Charizard for reasons mentioned above. Same with Eevee, though I'd be lying if I said I hated it. To be honest, Eevee is more of a novelty Pokémon, made to be collected. What's so great about it? It's furry and cute! It evolves into different types! There are plenty of furry and cute Pokémon!
    Ditto used to be my fav until I discovered all the dirty jokes about it. I mean, come on. It's a freaking Pokémon.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Misty. Don't get me wrong, I like her as a character, but her fans were extremely annoying...
    I have a theory about that. Tell me what you think about it. The reason for the Misty dilemma is actually Brock. See, if Brock had just left permanently after the end of the Johto saga like Misty did, it would have been a clear sign that the series was moving on from those two. People should (and would have) gotten over it. However, since he came back for Hoenn (and then again for Sinnoh) and Misty didn't, the original Misty fans felt cheated, and they decided to take it out on her 'replacement,' May. Hence all the hate.

Of course, this isn't a perfect theory. I don't know what the reaction to Tracey in the Orange Islands saga was like, but I think it merits consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    To be fair, Drought Ninetales is a Godsend to sun based teams, who were all but nonexistent back in Gen IV. Now they're one of the premier strategies in competitive battles, all thanks to Ninetales. Vulpix even got banned in its tier because of Drought. Lucario does suck though.

@FinalArcadia I'm one of the old-school fans and I hated Charizard from the very start.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    @FinalArcadia I'm one of the old-school fans and I hated Charizard from the very start.
    I'm not saying that all of them are in love with Charizard. I too have been playing since Red/Blue days, and I also hated Charizard from the second I saw it in the anime (I picked Squirtle in Blue, so I didn't really see much of Charizard prior to the anime). It just seems like so many old fans act like Charizard is the end-all fire-type, badass, awesome Pokemon, that's why I bring it up. But not all of them are like that, I know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    I'm one of the old-school fans and I hated Charizard from the very start.
    Count three with me.

Blog Entries

Pikachu and Charizard. I don't really hate them, but it's annoying how they're all most non fans and over nostalgic fans talk about. I don't see what's so amazing about Charizard....

I have problems with the entire first generation due to those irritating over nostalgic people, but I still like it.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

N. I don't *hate* him, since I think he's a legitimately interesting character, but his fans...argh. They overlook all the important aspects of his character in favour of transforming him into this perfect ~suugoiii desu~ bishie that they can promptly ship off with the player character or an OC (i.e. a thinly veiled version of themselves). If I see ONE more NxOC fanart I think I'm gonna puke...
    HumanDawn, Saiga and Koukoubean like this.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast