Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

N, Volkner, Falkner, Riley, Cynthia, Caitlin....:| And Morty too. And I used to love Morty.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I felt this way about Misty for a short while. I don't think there is any other character in the fandom that has a fanbase quite as....well, lets say, 'colourful' as hers. I got over it relatively quickly though, as I actually do like Misty as a character in general.

Otherwise, I can't really think of any other examples. But there are times when fans can definitely play a part in accentuating my dislike of characters I wasn't too fond of in the first place.

Prof. Oak. I never liked him, and the pedo myths just made me never want to talk to him again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Otherwise, I can't really think of any other examples. But there are times when fans can definitely play a part in accentuating my dislike of characters I wasn't too fond of in the first place.
    This pretty much. Examples for me include Mijumaru and Goukazaru, especially the former. Its repetitive antics in early BW and being thrown into scenes pointlessly really made me dislike the character, and I just didn't really get why people wanted more like that.

Blog Entries

I hate on Pikachu. Because of the fans. I mean, look at its stats, people! Light Ball helps but I think it is rare. Plus, people think they like Pokemon if they know Pikachu. Has anyone said this, because I only read the first post. Plus, Pikachu has an advantage on my favorite Pokemon, Blastoise, not to go off topic.

Blog Entries

I don't pay attention to the anime or manga much, so I don't really have much of an opinion about them. I also don't battle competitively so my opinion about the pokemon in games isn't that strong either, but if I had to criticize a character for it's fans I'd have to say the eeveeluntions.

There are just so many people on there that always add them to their team, or make an eeveelution team. They say that they're the best pokemon, but I wasn't that impress when I trained them. They also say the the eeveelutions are the cutest pokemon, I agree that they are pleasing to the eye, but I wouldn't call them the cutest out there.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, Cynthia for me too.

Especially because of a certain member here, who photographed a random woman who looked like Cynthia and posted a thread with the picture in it. I'm pretty sure that woman has never been seen again.

Blog Entries

Absolutely.
    I am looking at you, Charizard.

The female player character of BW1 and N. Gosh, why people keep shipping they? It is so stupid -_-

And BLUE.
    All the talking about him being the deus ex machina of the Kanto trainers and the best rival.
    Come on, people! How can Red's bitch be the best rival? Silver is way better.
    Last edited by Reila; 14th April 2012 at 11:20 AM.

I hate how Brock's fans always want him to come back even after he has done nothing in the show. I mean seriously! He stood around alot in DP and now people still want him back because he was funny and mature. But Cilan is too. I just don't think people get it yet. The writers had years for him and then senede him off with a new goal after al this time and now they want to help him pursuit it when they had years to do that. But now fans are just driving me crazy with all that talk about Brock needing to come back again. Give him a rest.

Blog Entries

Oshawott, frankly. At first I thought it was just a very poorly designed Pokemon, and so did almost everyone else I know. But when the BW anime had started, everything about Oshawott went downhill. Not only did they make it a marketing whore much like Pikachu, but they also brainwashed tons of people just by adding two tiny-ass fangs and making it jump like an ADHD kid every other episode. If that's not a crafty marketing manipulation then I don't know what is.

Also, gen I lost a little luster for me because of all the obnoxious "fans" on the non-Pokemon centric sites. It's still my favourite batch of monsters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    I don't like Mudkip because of that horrible story / meme.
    I hate that meme as well (and the story is just plain gross), but Mudkip was a favourite of mine long before I started browsing the net for Pokemon stuff, so I'm (mostly) immune.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries
    Follow BanetteWobbuffet On Twitter

I hate Pikachu. It sucks in almost every way! Get it in your head!
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.
    Dibs on Banette or Wobbuffet.
    I claimed Wobbufet! Man, that doesn't sound very exciting.
    Formerly known as BanetteWobbuffet.
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Write your questions on a $20 bill and send them in to me.
    We now return you to your abnormal programming.
    I have claimed Imposter.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Off the top of my head... Lucario.

追放されたバカ

Sepiroth.

Red. He's silent. Not Emo or tough. Get over it.

Ferrothorn. Too many users of it, metagame-wise.

Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn.

FERROTHORN!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super Chao Maniac View Post
    Pikachu is overrated. I don't even know why everyone loves it!
    'Cause ash has it

I think Arceus is the second most overrated Pokemon behind Charizard. Like, people! He is a dumb designed pokemon and the only good thing about it is that it changes type. Charizard, well... Y'know.
    Last edited by The Froakster; 19th April 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite2!! View Post
    I think Arceus is the second most overrated Pokemon behind Charizard.
    It isn't.

After Charizard, comes Mewtwo, Lucario, Garchomp, Swampert, Lugia... Honestly people barely talk about Arceus. o.o

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast