Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Short answer, No. I won't let other people change the way I feel about Pokemon just because I don't like how they like (or don't Like) something or other about Pokemon.
    What other people think or feel about something in Pokemon doesn't effect the way I feel about it one way or another.

The only thing that I have against fans is when they make threads like this one. But what am I to do. Hater are Gonna Hate.

Btw, I happen to Love Gardevoir. What other people think about her or what other people do about it is on them.
    Is she very feminine? Certainly.
    Do I think she's Beautiful? Hell yes.
    Am I attracted to her? As much as any man who's attracted to a Beautiful, Feminine image, although my attraction has its limit (she has no lips being one reason.)
    That isn't to say I don't enjoy the decent artwork done of her. If it's good, I don't care much for it's content. Good art is it's own worth.

Oshawatt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    There's sexual stuff about most Pokemon
    QFT. I've seen stuff with Golurk--yes, GOLURK--that has made me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork. Not kidding at all. There ain't enough brain bleach to rid my psyche of those images.

Heaven help me if I stumble upon anything like that featuring Golett. My brain will snap in half.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Charizard. The anime pretty much ruined him for me and a lot of his fans didn't help. In fact, when I saw the opening for Best Wishes that featured N, I was excited...until the last few seconds and Charizard showed up. At that point I rolled my eyes and groaned.
    Reila and Owain like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

I am starting to hate Golurk and Golett because Sylverwynde talk about them all the time. =[

...Nah, kidding, I actually decided to use one thanks to her.

I have the same feeling about the Charizard, albeit a bit more... extreme. I was excited to watch N arc, but I am considering not watching it just because Charizard is going to appear. Seriously, why not Infernape? Snorlax? Sceptile? Torterra? Bulbasaur, Totodile, Bayleef or Squirtle? Perfect time to make them evolve.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

No. Absolutely no. But I hate Combee for being 87.5% males to 12.5% females instead of being 100% female-only like Vespiquen. Voltorb family, Nidorina and Nidoqueen and Unown also sucks.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    No. Absolutely no. But I hate Combee for being 87.5% males to 12.5% females instead of being 100% female-only like Vespiquen. Voltorb family, Nidorina and Nidoqueen and Unown also sucks.
    Well that has nothing to do with the thread topic then.

This goes for everyone, this thread is not just here for you to complain about things you don't like in general.

Blog Entries

Er, Pikachu counts, right? Not only have I started to hate the thing because of its overexposure (something, though, that I understand is necessary), its fanbase seems to be composed mainly of people who know no other Pokémon than Pikachu, or think that Pokémon itself is Pikachu (e.g.: "Pokémon the Pikachu"). A.K.A the discriminating uninformed.
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 24th January 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Infernape, as much I like the species and the Sinnoh Saga of the anime both are driving me nuts as of recent. During DP people didn't seem all that entranced by the saga itself but now with BW(the current anime) some thread usually gets turned into a compare BW to the ever-so-perfect Sinnoh drama fest. In short. Do I hate Sinnoh? No. Am I tired of threads getting derailed into bitching and moaning about how superior DP was to BW? Yes. I'll stop right there before I have a tomato thrown at me. Funny how much I loved Infernape during DP and how a few people are making me dislike it. I gotta learn to not let people heavily influence my interest.

Anyway, cheers.

Nyx

Definitely Pikachu. God I hate Pikachu so much, it's everywhere! Also Charizard, and Mewtwo, both extremely overrated. Same goes for Garchomp to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacco View Post
    People who get a boner over Gardevoir. Oh my god, a Pokemon that looks like a woman. Lets sexualize it and make extremely disgusting and demeaning fan art of her. I hope her chest blade thing slices open your man parts, you sickos.
    I agree with that, but it's those "fans" I hate, not Gardevoir. And they do the same for most Pokemon anyway.

I don´t hate anything, I guess.
    But there are certainly characters whom I´ve never developed positive attitude to, because of their giant fandoms.
    The same goes with Pokémon, but in lesser extend, I think.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Characters i hate due to fans are Dawn and Cheren. i dislike them due to fans having very brutal ship fights that involve these characters

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Lance. It's not that I dislike him or his fans, it's just that I don't really like him that much (though I will definitely admit he was cool in GSC/HGSS), I find him overrated and really don't see why he has so many fangirls. Same goes for Falkner (though I will admit I find him sort of attractive; I love his hair, but his fashion sense is questionable) and Red.

Pokemon-wise, Lugia is sort of this, though more because I've always greatly preferred Ho-oh and I think Lugia is very overrated (I used to flat-out dislike it, but as of HGSS it's sort of grown into a slightly-positive feeling). Charizard, Pikachu, Garchomp and Lucario also come to mind.

Though not a character, the Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special fandom can ruin my enjoyment of the manga itself. I enjoy the manga, but I resent the rabid fans who constantly stress how it's so much "darker and hardcore" than the games and anime, and think that its importance to the franchise and popularity eclipses the anime and the games (regardless of whether you prefer it to the anime and/or games or not, there is NO way it is more popular than either).

I don't hate it per se, but I just don't see the obsession with it. Zoroark. Zorua doesn't bother me so much, but Zoroark just looks... rubbish, imo. So the attention it gets irritates me somewhat. But each to their own.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Hydreigon -.- I used to like it due to the unique typing and Ghetsis owning one. But the game fans were annoying. People worshipping the three-headed dragon as if it were some sort of god that grants 100% victory on battles and that all pokemon should die in front of Hydreigon with absolutely no chance of surviving.

And of course, along with the so-called "metagame" stuff, which the fans made me hate Dragon-types for a long time.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmm.
    I have something to add. His name is Red.

Red is an 11-year-old child who has zero personality, because he is a player character and he isn't supposed to. The fandom has decided to worship him as though he is someone special. HE IS MADE OF CARDBOARD.

He has very high-leveled mons. Okay, sure, it's meant as a final challenge. This doesn't give the fandom an excuse to deify some faceless kid. I like characters because they have endearing personalities or interesting development, not because they have high levels and don't say anything, and are "OG". Honestly, fans?
    Owain, Mielikki and Silverwynde like this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast