Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 11

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacco View Post
    People who get a boner over Gardevoir. Oh my god, a Pokemon that looks like a woman. Lets sexualize it and make extremely disgusting and demeaning fan art of her. I hope her chest blade thing slices open your man parts, you sickos.
    Ugh, tell me about it. I loved Gardevoir--she's a flippin' powerhouse--but I can't stand looking for any fanart of her. Seriously, the stuff you'll see on pixiv is enough to melt brain cells.

I've sworn off of Gardevoir simply because of that bullslag and that is truly sad. She's a beautiful Pokemon but after so much Rule 34 art....
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Strider View Post
    Snivy. Oh god SNIVY.

I'm not a huge fan of it in general - not a fan of its design, not a huge fan of Grass-types in general - but I normally don't mind such things that much. Then the fandom decided to worship it for reasons that have always - and, I suspect, will always - evade me.

Oh well.
    Yeah, someone explain the whole thing with Snivy. I've never liked it and I never will, even though I almost always like the Grass type Starter's design. But Snivy and its insane fanbase have ruined that thing for me permanently. I basically just get the little snot for the 'Dex info and box it--I have no desire to use it because of the "ZOMG Smugleaf is teh best!!!11!!" fans.

Adding to the list:

Cute Pokemon-Don't get me wrong; there are some cute Pokemon out there, but the traditional "I'm meant to be cute so you have to love me" types like Pikachu and Emolga, annoy me. So do the squealing fans. Besides, the idea of cute is pretty darned subjective.

Misty-I was watching an older ep of Pokemon and realized that I simply canNOT stand her. The whole "Bring back Misty" thing turned me on her and I also realized that as a character, she's not all that blasted great. In fact, she struck me as an annoyance, even more than Iris! So yeah, definitely not a Misty fan over here.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

Eevee and its evolutions. I never liked those things much to begin with (they're not very interesting design-wise; they're just a bunch of elemental sparkledogs. I think Jolteon and Umbreon are all right, though), but their fanbase irritates the heck out of me. It's nearly impossible for me to find a role play that doesn't have at least one Eeveelution in it, and they're a far too common sight in fanfiction and other fan media as well. I sort of feel the same way about Mew.

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

I haven't had a problem with any of Ash's female companions, but Dawn definitely has gotten annoying fans.

Did I already mention Arceus? Arceus has a load of annoying fanboys who say he's god and created the whole pokemon universe, if that's true, why he isn't in Gen 1?

Okay, I don't have anything against Gardevoir, but her perverted fanbase is getting far.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I know exactly one fan of Charizard.

So no, he's not overrated. He recieves FAR, far more hate than love, at least from what I've seen.

I don't like when people hate things because of their fanbase/they're overrated/everyone loves it. It just annoys me. You're not giving it a chance, you're just hating it because you hate its fans and that's not fair.

I have hated fanbases, though. A lot of the Misty fanbase annoys me because they're so darn aggressive and defensive of her, but I like Misty as a character.
    I don't hate Charizard because alot of people love him, I hate him because most of the fanboys keep bashing Ice pokemon and a similiar reason to why I hate Arceus... and you know what? I've seen Wi-Fi teams with 6 Charizards, grow up people, there are other good pokemon -_-
    Last edited by IceShadow1199; 28th September 2012 at 08:53 PM.
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

The Fire type Expert Lunar Aura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only Pokemon and characters I hate are Red, Salamence, Pikachu, and Gary. I'm sure I hate others as well, they can't come to mind right now. The reason why I hate these characters/Pokemon are because:

Red: I am sick of his fans always bragging about how he's the best. I mean he was cool when gen.1 was out but in my opinion the other heroes in the other generations are underrated because of him. If I see another "Red is an unbeatable badass that never talks" or something similar I think I'll go insane.

Salamence: Don't get me wrong it's a cool Pokemon and all but nearly every video I see of gen.3 there's always someone with Salamence. I'm not sure if people still use it now a days but if you ask me it's just another Dragonite.

Pikachu: Even though it was my favorite when I first got into Pokemon I'm getting a little sick of seeing it. Sometimes I wish that Ash would just evolve Pikachu already. Plus as others have said before to many people like it and it's not that great of a Pokemon.

Gary: I'm not a fan of his voice in the English version. And the whole "Gary motherfucking oak" meme is just getting old.
    Totally not into ponies...or am I?

Ask me anything about fire type pokemon. I can assure you I know the answer.

Supreme Vulpix, Zorua, and Reshiram Lover.

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

I also don't like N too much, he was pretty okay first time I saw him, but his fangirls... *cough*

Also, I don't have anything against Snivy, it's a cool Pokemon, but when I hear "Smugleaf is the best!!!! Who needs a legendary when you have SMUGLEAF? :3" I go insane.

I'm not too fond of Mudkip because of that overused meme and tons of people voted for Mudkip for the lulz in a Hoenn starter poll, that just got into my nerves.

Also, I don't like Hydreigon because some immature Newunners (People who hate Gen.1 and love Gen.5) keep shoving him into conversations about Dragon pokemon.

What about Arcanine? First time I heard about him, I liked him. But then people started shoving him into their Wi-Fi teams lately. I prefer Growlithe.
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Arceus seems to get a lot of fans that think it's like the greatest and strongest Pokemon in the world. It annoys me a lot, especially because it just had to win the Popularity poll instead of a better Pokemon that actually has a useful hidden ability. It's really annoying, I personally don't like Arceus much and there are cooler Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by IceShadow1199 View Post
    What about Arcanine? First time I heard about him, I liked him. But then people started shoving him into their Wi-Fi teams lately. I prefer Growlithe.
    I suppose it has to do with the fact it has now Wild Bolt as a TM move and Close Combat as an Egg move, which makes Arcanine more viable than before. That's just my guess.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

The genwunners ruined gen. 1 for me.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of all Pokemon, I despise Mew the most. It is so popular, it disgusts me. I didn't like it that much in the first place, so when it won the Pokemon Power Bracket last year, my hatred for it began. No matter how hard you guys try, I won't change my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    The genwunners ruined gen. 1 for me.
    They didn't ruin it for me, but I can't stand some gen. 1 Pokémon thanks to them.
    Examples? Charizard (Charmeleon is cool, though), Arcanine (I never liked its design to begin with) and Eevee (I do like one or two eeveelutions).

Anyway, N fans annoy me a bit because they tend to ship him with everyone. EVERYONE... But I don't hate the character, in fact, I think he it is pretty cool.

[QUOTE=Reila;4570265]
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    Anyway, N fans annoy me a bit because they tend to ship him with everyone. EVERYONE... But I don't hate the character, in fact, I think he it is pretty cool.
    Oh gosh, definitely N fans.

There's also ones like Gardevoir and Lopunny, whose fanbases just make me go BARF.
    (though i think lopunny is cute nonetheless)

Well I have never hated a Pokemon but yes I dislike some more than others because of the fans.
    It is always about Charizard, Eevee, or Lucario. I also dislike Lugia a bit because it portrayed as strong (It's attacking stats are only at Base 90.) and because everyone got SoulSilver. (Ho-oh needs some more love.) Absol is (overrated.) okay because my first game was Ruby.
    Last edited by Abomasnow; 20th January 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Blog Entries

The mass of my hatred in the anime can be summed up with four letters: I-R-I-S!!!

Seriously, I used to hate Misty for the same reasons I hate Iris, but now, I love that redhead more than I could ever love Iris. Iris was the worst character they could throw into the anime. I actually LIKED her game counterpart since she was nice, praised the player character, and seemed more fun-loving and was actually friendly. The anime version of Iris is the pits. Those "You're such a kid" lines fuel my hatred for her. She's such a hypocrite, calling out Ash all the time when she's the one needing to be called out. Especially once she got Dragonite. At least Ash put an effort into his Pokemon, disobedient or not, while Iris has barely put any effort into her living hair accessory Axew, yet somehow pulls out all this "superiority" when the situation is really the reverse of her delusions. If they made her more like her game counterpart, then I wouldn't be this upset, but instead they shoved down our throats the biggest character with the largest display of irony ever. At least Misty knew what she was doing, and at least gave Ash praise when it was due. Iris... not so much. She's the worst ever.

In terms of Pokemon, I'd say Dragonite. It may be the original Dragon-type, but it gets tiresome to hear how "awesome" Dragonite really is. I feel Pokemon like Garchomp, Haxorous, and Salamence have earned their rep, but Dragonite just seems to be everywhere, and yet can't justify itself. It's particularly annoying when it comes to things like the metagame. While I've never really participated in competitive play (thank Arceus for that), Dragonite just seems to be all over the place. Everyone raves about it, but I find it useless. Yet somehow it gained this rep of mowing down everyone and everything in its path. I'll take a Garchomp over Dragonite any day. At least Garchomp looks cool. Dragonite just kinda sits there. I feel the same way about Tyranitar, but not to the same degree, as at least Tyranitar has earned its rep, and is cooler in design and typing (though still annoying to fight). So Dragonite is probably my biggest grievance for Pokemon.

On a side note, whoever said about those guys who get "turned on" (or whatever) by Gardevoir "fan art" (if you can call it that), hit it right on the head. I love Gardevoir, it's my favorite Psychic-type, but that so-called "fan art" can range from amusing to outright "what were they thinking!?". I don't hate all forms of Gardevoir fan art, as some can amuse me, but sometimes they can take it way too far, especially in the world of hentai (let's not travel down that road). Again, I'll tolerate some art, but I don't get "turned on" by it (give me Cynthia over that any day, at least she's human), so once it goes down that road too far, then I feel sick.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing. Although I love Cynthia with all my heart, some members of her fan base can take their "obsession" with her much too far, which frightens me. Just like my reasons with Gardevoir, while Cynthia will be my favorite female of the series now and forever, I don't obsess with her the same way others do. I know when I need to back down and cool off for awhile, not get myself wound up in that crazy train. Again, I'll defend her, but I won't go as far as some people do. Though I do admit, it was because of Cynthia's coolness and demeanor that I jumped back in during Gen IV (since I had phased out for a bit after Gen III due to depression and nonstop bullying), which is why I love her. But I know when people get WAAAAAYYYY too wound up in that for their own good, so I avoid them. But they do irk me quite a bit. And people say I dwell too much in fantasy and whatnot. Least I know not to go overboard.
    Last edited by CynthiaLover; 20th January 2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

People keep saying Gardevoir, but look around the internet. There's sexual stuff about most Pokemon, especially the dogs/cats since the furry fandom latches onto them in a heartbeat. I personally love Gardevoir, and if I let people sexualizing something ruin my view of it, then I might as well quit Pokemon. Actually, anime and video games in general, since that happens to literally everything.

Characters though..... Ash. His superfans are the worst. That'd be unfair to say, since N's superfans are horrible yet I still like N, but.... Ash just needs to grow up or leave the franchise. Ash already makes me dislike him because of how he acts and how his story has played out, but the fans don't help at all.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Mod Note: Please refrain from bashing fans that do not like the later generations in this thread. Using terms such as "Genwunners" in a derogatory context will warrant infractions.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast