Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans? - Page 10

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

I also hate Electivire. He became a bitch in Wi-Fi battling lately. Also, his fanboys are ganging up on me just for me liking Electabuzz and Elekid more.
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

I know exactly one fan of Charizard.

So no, he's not overrated. He recieves FAR, far more hate than love, at least from what I've seen.

I don't like when people hate things because of their fanbase/they're overrated/everyone loves it. It just annoys me. You're not giving it a chance, you're just hating it because you hate its fans and that's not fair.

I have hated fanbases, though. A lot of the Misty fanbase annoys me because they're so darn aggressive and defensive of her, but I like Misty as a character.

Blog Entries

Charizard is overrated, he have much more fans than haters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Charizard is overrated, he have much more fans than haters.
    Oh? I see far more Charizard hate it's ridiculous saying he is overrated is stupid the only people who seem to overrate him are ironically the haters who go on and on and on about it... He's an iconic Pokemon so yeah he has a lot of fans I see nothing wrong with that... honestly I like him far better then either Blastiose or Venusaur though I know he isn't that great competitvly (Because of Stealth Rock he's very solid otherwise) which isn't his fault in the least... stop saying Charizard is overrated! because it's getting stupid....
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Charizard is both overrated and underrated. He's overrated by lots of people who aren't actually fans and know Pokemon know what they remember in their childhood (the older games and early anime), and so they're not basing it off the game mechanics or Stealth Rock or anything like that - it's just their opinion. Their are rabid fans who insist that Charizard is the best Pokemon ever which gets annoying but you shouldn't put much stock into the claims of someone who hasn't touched the games in years.

Meanwhile, on Pokemon fansites, Charizard fans are much rarer and vastly outnumbered by haters who won't let up in their holy crusade against the poor beast. They're just as annoying if not more so than the rabid fans.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

No, I hate Unova because of itself, not the fans.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^Unova is not a character

Nope, that's kinda stupid, so I want to form my own oppinion, and actually find out why i hate them instead of just saying it at random.
    Gaga likes this.

50% loser & 50% Bad jokes Kay-Senpai's Avatar

one word....eveevolutions don't get me wrong they're okay
    but man are they overrated...especially umbreon :I

☆*・゜゚・*2SUGOI4U*・゜゚・*☆

Blog Entries

I used to hate N quite a bit because of his fanbase. Now I don't mind him, but he's still not one of my favourites.

I don't really like Eevee or its evolutions. Their fanbase is massive, and that kinda ruins it for me.
    Koukoubean likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Snivy. Oh god SNIVY.

I'm not a huge fan of it in general - not a fan of its design, not a huge fan of Grass-types in general - but I normally don't mind such things that much. Then the fandom decided to worship it for reasons that have always - and, I suspect, will always - evade me.

Oh well.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Unhappy Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

"We face each other
    From different sides
    The anger burns
    Can't remember why
    It's kind of crazy
    To cause such pain
    Our foolish pride
    Makes us hate this way

We watch our world fall apart
    Tell me, what good is winning
    When you lose you heart?

Let's take a moment
    And look deep inside
    And say we're willing
    To give love a try
    We're not as different
    As we seem to be

There's so much more to me than what you see
    You don't have to be this way
    Think about the consequences
    Turn around and walk away" - Brother My Brother

I respect all Pokemon and like Mewtwo and others because of their personalities.
    Bro, don't hate, no Pokemon deserves it
    Vanillish Twilight likes this.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Pikachu! Why does it have to be in the 5th gen PMD while every other non-gen V pokes get deleted except for that stupid electric darn frickin' rat?
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Blog Entries

I don't like Dawn because she reminds me with my annoying friend -,-

The only person I can think of is Misty. The Misty fanbase seems to bring her into conversations where she really doesn't belong. That's not all of the Misty fanbase of course, but I've noticed that there are some people who really don't want to accept that she's gone.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

N - As much as I liked the story for BW, N really wasn't such an interesting character. Ghetsis was so much cooler, and a bigger villain. Then you get fangirls describing their immense sexual fantasies about him.

Eeveelutions - These things are ok, but I really don't get the deal with them. The only cool one look wise imo, is Jolteon. You also get the really corny fan art of them.

Red - His image is completely altered by fan art and as result, he has fangirls lusting over him. Don't get me wrong, he is cool because of his power and the way he was done in GS, but according to game story he really isn't strong. The Johto protagonist beats him and everyone makes out that Red wins.
    Magenta Fantasies likes this.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast