Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

I used to like Mewtwo but recently I hate it with a passion because of its fanbase always obsessing over how powerful it is over all the legendaries and completely bash other legendaries despite there are more legendaries that outclass it on both games and anime. I see alot of obnoxous fans on youtube and Nintendo Fan Forum. Also there is the problem of fans saying how it has the best design and the most powerful.

What about you? Was there a character from the games or anime that you hate because of its fans? Remember to respect others opinions and keep it civil.
    BlqJstr likes this.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Default Re: Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

I don't like Mudkip because of that horrible story / meme.

Blog Entries

Charizard. C'mon people, it's not as impressive as you think it is!

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

I hated Lucario before because it was far more popular (in my opinion) than it should have been. Now I only dislike it, just not as much as I did before.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ArceusAlpha493 View Post
    I used to like Mewtwo but recently I hate it with a passion because of its fanbase always obsessing over how powerful it is over all the legendaries and completely bash other legendaries despite there are more legendaries that outclass it on both games and anime. I see alot of obnoxous fans on youtube and Nintendo Fan Forum. Also there is the problem of fans saying how it has the best design and the most powerful.
    I gotta defend some Mewtwo fans he my favorite overall but I like him because of his background people think they know him but they gotta look past his stats.To answer the question it would have to be Arceus. Or people who love nothing BUT Ubers because they are so powerful I learned that Ubers aren't everything when getting into the competitive field.I have love for all Pokemon but when you come into battle wit 3 Darkrai go get a life. You asked I answered.
    Jus pm me

Oh yes, plenty.

Like Blaziken. And I used to like Blaziken before Gen V. I don't care that Speed Boost is fucking amazing, I don't want to hear that 24/7.

I don't hate Charizard because I see more people hating on it then liking it nowadays. I feel kind of bad for him.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

CHARIZARD to the Nth degree!!!!!

Also, Lucario because it can suck it.
    Reila likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

No, that's silly. To me anyways. I may not like the fans. I may not care for certain interpretations of a character and disagree with them. I may get sick of all the attention that's being given to a character due to feeling it's undeserved. But... I dunno, I just move on to something else and ignore it. My like for them is based on my opinion of them, not because of other fans.

However it should be noted that I don't play competitively, or battle much on Wifi period, so I can't say I know the annoyance of certain Pokémon constantly popping up on teams.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Charizard! Charizard! Charizard!!! From a fave mon of mine to one of the least like mons, it is all due to the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

hi

Volkner, N and any Pokemon that people like because of the metagame.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This fucker...

I can't believe people seriously wanted it to be called "Smugleaf".

Misty, times a thousand. When i was younger I was on the "omg misty is awesome" bandwagon, but now, I can't stand anything about her. Her voice is the worst (in both language versions), and she is such a stereotypical red-haired tsundere that it's not even funny or endearing. Don't even get me started on her stealing Togepi. I long for the day when all the fans go "who's misty". One day...
    PrezEvil likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Chandelure Chao Super Chao Maniac's Avatar

Pikachu is overrated. I don't even know why everyone loves it!

I claimed Chandelure, Levitate,Horn Drill and Dusk Stone!

I agree with Pikachu. People who aren't real Pokemon fans claim to love Pokemon just because they know who Pikachu is. It disgusts me.

I'm an Electric Type Gym Leader, challengers welcome!

I agree on every point made by Kakuna Matata.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast