Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

Default Re: Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

I don't know if any of the seal Pokemon resemble leopard seals, so technically no.

I love bats which obviously have been made into Zubat, Golbat, etc.

Yes, there are cat and fox-like pokémon. I love Ninetales and Fennekin. I like Skitty and Purrloin too, but I don't like their evolutions or the other cats. So they could make a better cat, I guess.
    I'd also love a wolf pokémon.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic68523_1.gif
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6436-4610

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm a big fan of mustelids, especially otters, and as a result, many of my favorite Pokemon are mustelid-based. Floatzel and Dewott are both otters, and Mienshao is an ermine/stoat. I also like Linoone, which is a badger. I'm not really a fan of Furret though, I think it doesn't look anything like the animal it's based on, just a random fluffy thing, but that's just my opinion. I'm hoping really hard for a mustelid Pokemon in Gen 6, namely a winter stoat or a fire weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by RTLfan View Post
    My favorite animal is the kangaroo. According to Bulbapedia, Kangaskhan is a Pokemon based on a kangaroo but to me it looks more like a dinousaur. So no, I'm not satisfied with it.
    I have the same opinion as you, I never even saw Kangaskhan as even resembling a kangaroo, the only resemblance it has to one is the pouch, and even then, there are several mammals that have pouches, but it indeed resembles a dinosaur more than anything else, namely the kind that would attack Tokyo on a frequent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylegasm View Post
    Breloom? That's pretty kangaroo-esque.

As for me, yep. OTTERS. F YEA.

Too bad they ruined Dewott with its evolution. (Sorry, Winterdaze, but I am a Samurott hater...)

Breloom also happily fills my kangaroo love (and I agree, Kangaskhan is pretty reptilian), and Cyndaquil my hedgehog love (I guess Shaymin too, but I really dont like Shaymin very much).

Something I'd love to see is a Water/Grass type otter that's all marsh-inspired.
    I would like a marsh-inspired Otter as well, because otters are my favorite animal, and while Samurott isn't nessicary an otter Pokemon, I still like it, albeit not as much as Dewott.

Also, Chespin is arguably a hedgehog as well, and I'm fine with Shaymin, even though I prefer the sky forme over the land one.
    Playful_Weasel likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Hedgehogs are another of my favourite animals, although I disagree about Cyndaquil - his elongated snout suggests that the primary inspiration for his design was an echidna, or spiny anteater.

To date, land forme Shaymin is probably the most accurate-looking representation we have of a hedgehog, though Chespin ranks a bit higher on my favourites list. He's a much more stylised representation of the species than is Shaymin, but the chestnut connection makes it plausible and is, in my view, pretty inspired (given the obvious resemblence that chestnut shells bear to curled up hedgehogs).

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    I'm a big fan of mustelids, especially otters, and as a result, many of my favorite Pokemon are mustelid-based. Floatzel and Dewott are both otters, and Mienshao is an ermine/stoat. I also like Linoone, which is a badger. I'm not really a fan of Furret though, I think it doesn't look anything like the animal it's based on, just a random fluffy thing, but that's just my opinion. I'm hoping really hard for a mustelid Pokemon in Gen 6, namely a winter stoat or a fire weasel.
    Pretty much everything that Robo-Floatzel mentioned here is true for me as well. My favorite #1 favorite animal, weasels, are already made into a Pokemon - Mienfoo & Mienshao!! and also love sea-otters so Buizel and Dewott are very high on my favorites. A fire-type mustelid would be an awesome addition to any team.

I also love cats, there are plenty of them as well - Meowth, Persian, Skitty, Delcatty, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Glameow, Purugly, Purrloin, Liepard, and the now introduced Litleo. I really want now is water-type cat Pokemon.

Also with Zangoose being a mixture of the two above, to me, sort of resembles half-cat and half-marten!!

With my 3rd favorite animals, I believe also has been made into Pokemon, members of the Civet family (civets, genets, mangoose, binturongs, and meerkats). Watchog being the main one, half-meerkat.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

My favorite animals are penguins, owls and giraffes, so yeah they have (Piplup line, Hoothoot line and Giraffarig) and I love Empoleon, think Giraffarig is okay and like Noctowl though I could really do with another Owl evolution, especially a Barn owl, Snowy Owl or Stryx Owl of some kind. That would be awesome. Noctowl's Normal/Flying typing just didn't cut it for me. I require Dark/Flying, Psychic/Flying or Ice/Flying!!

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Penguins-so yes.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

I like gorillas, but I have yet to see an actual gorilla Pokemon. Slaking doesn't count as it's technically supposed to be a sloth, and Darmanitan doesn't either.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Slaking doesn't count as it's technically supposed to be a sloth
    Nah, I'd say Slaking is definitely a gorilla Pokemon. It has little if any resemblance to sloths, extant or extinct, other than its laziness. I'd like to see another Gorilla Pokemon too though, since Slaking doesn't really capture any of their interesting qualities.

Sloth: yes, Slakoth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Slaking doesn't count as it's technically supposed to be a sloth
    Nah, I'd say Slaking is definitely a gorilla Pokemon. It has little if any resemblance to sloths, extant or extinct, other than its laziness. I'd like to see another Gorilla Pokemon too though, since Slaking doesn't really capture any of their interesting qualities.
    Okay, let me rephrase then.

I will admit that it is indeed very gorilla-like, and about as close as we'll currently get. But I would still rather have a 'true gorilla' Pokemon whose inspiration isn't also based on sloths, which aren't even primates.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Battle? FC 0776 8124 7545 Bald Accountant's Avatar

My least favorite animal are chihuahuas just because my mom raised them and I grew up with dozens of them in the house at one time. The eevees remind me ofthem.
    I love to battle, so please let me know if you want to battle - WIFI showdown or Pokemon online. I play mostly OU and Little cup, flat singles, triples, and rotations.
    black FC 0776 8124 7545
    2DS FC 1822 0326 6280
    Normal Friend Safari
    Ditto, Audino Aipom
    My Social Group - BABA Bald Accountant's Battle Arena

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Minccino actually made Chinchillas one of my favorite animals when I looked up what they were based on. Same with Shellos and Sea Slugs.

Other than that, I was one of the people waiting for a penguin Pokemon before gen4, and Piplup's family was okay, if not falling just short of the obvious Ice association.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post
    Unfortunately there's no cuttlefish Pokemon yet.
    ...and now there is! What do you think of it?
    Oh?

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post
    Unfortunately there's no cuttlefish Pokemon yet.
    ...and now there is! What do you think of it?
    I think Malamar is more of a squid than a cuttlefish, but it's still awesome.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    I don't know if any of the seal Pokemon resemble leopard seals, so technically no.

I love bats which obviously have been made into Zubat, Golbat, etc.
    There's Sealeo and Walrein.
    Oh?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast