Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

Simply enough, is there a Pokemon based on your favourite animal? If there is, are you happy with how it turned out, or were you hoping for something different? If there isn't, then what kind of Pokemon would you like to see it adapted into?

Most people probably know by now that sea lions are my favourite animal, and I couldn't have been happier with Samurott. I love how it isn't just a copy/paste of the real animal, but incorporates stylised samurai characteristics without being too anthropomorphic.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: Has your favourite animal been made into a Pokemon?

Yes. Since all the way back in Generation I, as a matter of fact:

Like every regional early Normal type that's followed in their footsteps, these guys have been the butt of countless jokes about how unfashionable they are to a lot of players, but I really couldn't give a toss. I couldn't be happier with these little guys - they're cute as a button, and they managed to Hyper/Super Fang their way through endless opponents for me back in Blue. In the years that have followed, I have always managed to honour them by making the regional early Normal type of each generation my very first capture, and keeping a spot for them on my team all throughout the game.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Yep - we've had both the Teddiursa line and the Cubchoo line for bears, and I love them both. My favorite type of bear, the grizzly (or any kind of brown bear) hasn't been covered though, and it's something I'd like to see in a future generation because I love seeing how the same animal being the basis of several unique Pokemon.

My very close second favorite animals, tigers, haven't been treated well at all really - the only ones we've got are Arcanine and Raikou which are more based off Chinese lions and Raiju respectively. Considering we've never had a pure tiger Pokemon, perhaps Gen VI would be a good time to introduce one, maybe as a counterpart to Litleo.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Yes. Cats, elephants, and chameleons are some of my favorites. A koala Pokemon would be nice too.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

My favorite animal is a Penguin and no, I am not satisfied with Piplup.
    I would wanna see atleast 2 other species of penguins made into Pokemon.
    First up is the Galapagos penguin. A very rare pokemon with only 1% - 5% rarity in the wild.
    It has only one evolution. The final stage total stats would be 530. The type would be Water/Ice.
    HP(80) Atk(130) Def(50) SpAtk(60) SpDef(85) Spd(120)

Second is based on a crested Penguin. It has 2 evolutions and the typing would be Ice/Fighting.
    Final stage total stats would be 520.
    HP(100) Atk(100) Def(80) SpAtk(100) SpDef(80) Spd(60)
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

small cats and big cats are some of my fav animals in the world which they have covered. they have not really made one for a tiger though so i hope for a tiger in gen 6
    i love seals as well so those have been covered.
    i am also a big fan of dolphins so i have yet to see a dolphin pokemon. i look forward to one.
    i also have a real interest in the Thylacine (also known as the Tasmanian Tiger) and i would love to see a pokemon based off of it
    So..... I heard you don't like Whitney's Miltank

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We don't have anything based on weird and obscure Australian animals yet...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

I'm rather fond of the platypus, and they haven't got a Pokemon based off of them. Before someone says it, no. Psyduck is a duck, not a platypus. I'd really like a more platypus-like Pokemon than a duck.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Just like others before me, it would be really nice if we got some of Australia's obscure and unique animals. Maybe the next region could be based off Australia. 8D

A Bilby, please.
    http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/wildlife/images/bilby.jpg

And maybe a Thorn Bug.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_pxRsx1N6Ts/UKNjBZg5vKI/AAAAAAAAEPs/97RP2pEeWfc/s1600/juvenile_thorn_bug_female_male_thorn_bug_head-to-head_sweet_acacia_branch_20121114.jpg

Smile~

Blog Entries

I don't have a particular favorite animal, but I really like birds (specially owls and crows) and also tortoises and bears. I am satisfied with Torterra and Honchkrow, but I am yet to see decent bear- or owl-based Pokémon. Ursaring and Beartic are really boring (although I really liked Paul's Ursaring in the anime) and Noctowl's design is bland as hell. I really hope that that rumor about Pancham evolving into a Fighting/Dark Pokémon turns out to be true, perhaps its evolution will be the first bear-based Pokémon I will like. As for owls, I'd love a Ghost-type Pokémon, perhaps based on barn owls?

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I like parrots, but Chatot isn't what comes to mind when it comes to parrots, because I imagine parrots being more upright. Tortoises are quite awesome, so that one also has quite a few examples. There's also a sea star Pokemon in existence already, though it is not my favourite type. Generally, I don't quite know what's my favourite animal until I see the Pokemon in question, so that is hard to say. Still, here are some favourites that are not done before:

- I kind of like koalas, but we have yet to have a koala Pokemon.
    - Scallops are also unique in a way that I like, but I am unsure if the current Pokemon fit into scallops, since I am uncertain about the difference between scallops and oysters.
    - Hamsters are quite cute too, but we haven't got a hamster Pokemon yet. Maybe someday, or they could surprise us in Generation 6 by giving us something like a hamster.
    - Porcupines are cool, and even though they have quills like hedgehogs, they are not related (the former is a rodent, the latter is not).
    - The kiwi bird is one of New Zealand's animals, and as with the kakapo (itself a type of parrot), they are cute. We need more flightless birds to balance all the flighty ones we currently have, since it's one way to introduce more birds without introducing more Flying-types.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

There is only one giraffe like Pokémon, unfortunately. I do like Girrafirig's design (excuse me if I didn't spell that right).

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Unfortunately there's no cuttlefish Pokemon yet.

I was satisfied with Frillish and Jellicent for jellyfish, not so much with Tentacruel and Tentacool.

I still wish they'd have a more terrifying and accurate anglerfish, since I really dislike Lanturn. Maybe a new anglerfish could even be all-female or mostly-female, given how angler biology works.

My favorite animal is the kangaroo. According to Bulbapedia, Kangaskhan is a Pokemon based on a kangaroo but to me it looks more like a dinousaur. So no, I'm not satisfied with it.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Follow Argylegasm On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by RTLfan View Post
    My favorite animal is the kangaroo. According to Bulbapedia, Kangaskhan is a Pokemon based on a kangaroo but to me it looks more like a dinousaur. So no, I'm not satisfied with it.
    Breloom? That's pretty kangaroo-esque.

As for me, yep. OTTERS. F YEA.

Too bad they ruined Dewott with its evolution. (Sorry, Winterdaze, but I am a Samurott hater...)

Breloom also happily fills my kangaroo love (and I agree, Kangaskhan is pretty reptilian), and Cyndaquil my hedgehog love (I guess Shaymin too, but I really dont like Shaymin very much).

Something I'd love to see is a Water/Grass type otter that's all marsh-inspired.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Safari: Dragon | Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
    Pokémon X | FC: 4871-3955-6532 | Name: Brandon
    Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast