Has Anyone Else Ever Thought of New Pokemon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Else Ever Thought of New Pokemon?

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Default Has Anyone Else Ever Thought of New Pokemon?

So earlier I was going through my old writing because I had to submit samples to get into a class...anyway, among them I found a cache of old drawings a friend and I had made when we were like, nine, all of new pokemon we'd thought of (and made into notebook-paper pokemon cards xD)

They were awesome, definitely worth mentioning...and then I saw a closed thread about if the pokemon creators would run out of ideas and thought, "Not a chance. They've left so much ground uncovered!"

So here it is. Does anyone have their own self-made pokedex in their head? I had enough drawings for a whole new region, and I actually put really detailed info with the drawings, though I won't share unless people want to read it xD

I had, to name a few...
    Charazon, a three-headed, three-tailed alternative evolution of Charmeleon. Obtained via fire stone (these were the Gen I days, after all so no friendly or day/night evolutions xD)

Pathero, a saber-toothed panther-type thing, that evolved into Saberoar, which was basically a super-shaggy saber-toothed cat.

Howlen, a dingo-looking thing that evolved into Howlfang, a saber-toothed version of Howlen, that evolved into Saberwolf, a huge, shaggy saber-toothed wolf.

Arcagon, which was an ice/dragon thing that looks like Articuno and Salamence made a baby.

Zapagon, an electric/dragon that look like Zapdos and Salamence made a baby

Tremoron, a ground/dragon type that was like a sea serpent that burrowed under desert sands.

Pegadon, a winged horse with Taurus-esque tails, which evolved into Windon, a unicorn-type thing, which evolved into Wingaron, a winged unicorn.

Those are some of the more memorable ones...as in the top ones from the pile!

Anyone else do this, and would you mind sharing your creations?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Has Anyone Else Ever Thought of New Pokemon?

I once came up with a Water/Steel type Kraken Pokemon. It was supposed to look like a huge, badass aquamarine bar of soap with tentacles that ended in either steel shower heads or water taps or something similiar (I think that's where the Steel type came from).

It resided/caused large whirlpools that hampered those going by boat unless they decided to leave, and it tended to make the environment it lived in really clean (though obviously not as clean as Suicune).

I think it's pre-evolution was just meant to be a dorky bar of soap, but still large.

If I recall correctly, it was supposed to have inspired various things, like showers, the way Roopushin apparently showed people how to make concrete.

I thought it was cool at the time of conception, but I couldn't draw or sprite it for the life of me ._.

Oh yeah, I also had a Normal/Ghost or a Ghost/Steel or a Normal/Steel (can't remember the type) teddy bear thing. It was that green colour that looks like it would glow in the dark, like nuclear green and black. It evolved into a bigger cat thing (now I think about it, it actually looked like a nuclear Purugly in that stage ._.), and then into a centaur. Yep, a glow-in-the-dark centaur thing.

They're the only ones I remember though.
    Last edited by Absolclaw; 10th November 2010 at 04:25 AM.

Registered User Mystical_Latias's Avatar

Bonesaur- a giant t-rex skeleton
    Glidershark- a giant snake with gliders on its sides and it can swin
    Greendoe- a green doe with a purple nose (always female)

I've come up with a few but these are the only ones I remember

Arcticub - Ice type based on a baby snow leopard.
    Arcticlaw - Arcticub's evolved form, a huge badass Ice/Steel snow leopard with wicked claws.
    Nimaire - A Normal/Flying type winged horse based off of Pegasus mythology.

I always wanted to draw them out but I suck at drawing :P

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I came up with a narwhal Pokemon once. It is male-only, referencing the fact that only the Male Narwhals have tusks. It has a somewhat rocky appearance like a Relicanth, only it was part Ice instead of Rock. It looks kinda angry. More Info:

Narwhal: Water/Ice
    Rivalry/Hyper Cutter

HP: 147
    Attack: 123
    Defense: 85
    Sp Attack: 61
    SP Defense: 35
    Speed: 60

Its pre-evo is a dolphin that can have any gender. Its kinda generic, but its still pretty cute. I gave it good stats in case some people didnt know that the Females didnt evolve.

Dolphin: Water
    Swift Swim

HP: 107
    Attack: 70
    Defense: 60
    Sp Attack: 60
    SP Defense: 25
    Speed: 86
    Last edited by Super Seaking; 13th November 2010 at 08:46 PM.

I came up with a "new Pokedex" some years ago. Here are the few ideas I had that still hold up as awesome (at least to me).

Albguar and Croguar, both Normal-typed cougar Pokemon. When bred together, they produced Blaguar, which could evolve into Granguar. This was a reference to Ligars. I thought it was cool that Granguar could never be found in the wild, but with a bit of breeding work you'd get one.

Cosratic, the Radiation Pokemon. Typing was Steel/Psychic. "This Pokemon absorbs cosmic rays passing through the Earth and transfers what it collects into food. It can also apply this energy to using Psychic abilities. Attuned to magnetic fields, this Pokemon can levitate at will."

Aqualphin, the long-awaited dolphin Pokemon! Pure Water-type.

Floerock: Fire/Rock, based on volcanic eruptions underwater. It had an ability that made it immune to Water attacks.

Phantasma: Bug/Psychic, based on the Walking Stick bug. It used its psychic powers to make itself virtually invisible, which meant it was one of the hardest Pokemon to capture.

Sledgehog. Nothing special here, just a Ground-type with an awesome name.

I found my favorite that I totally forgot about: a raptor evolution series xD

Rapton: A velociraptor with steel claws
    Which evolvess into
    Raparonyx: A baryonyx (Kind of like a raptor but with claws on its hands)/velociraptor hyprid thing that has steel claws
    Which evolved into
    Velocigon: A dragon/flying/poison type that was the coolest thing ever. A feathery raptor with wings that ended in hands with one huge claw, the raptor claws on the feet, of course, and a crest on its head. It spat poison and males and females spit two different chemicals that made fire when they mixed. It made nests in mountains and would swoop down on its prey and blind them with poison (female) or used its acidic poison to dissolve its prey's flesh (males) then ripped them apart. They lived in family groups and their teeth were backwards and serrated like real dinosaurs' teeth were, so if it bit you there was no escape. I noted a "Sickle Claw" attack that was like Slash on three different kinds of steroids.

If I'm not mistaken, and I'm reading my old handwriting correctly, Velocigon was supposed to be the very first dragon type, having existed in the prehistoric era. That's why it's so primitive of a dragon; it was based on how velociraptors began turning into birds. I wonder what all I would do with it to make it applicable to Gen IV...
    Last edited by metalamor; 12th November 2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: I forgot stuff xD

Blog Entries

I'd really like to see some visual aids for these self-made pokemon, dudes!

At the risk of appearing to promote myself, I have, in fact, made a couple of pokemon:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?b=19308

I've made more, but I haven't taken the time to flesh them out as much.

I am a technological troglodyte. I haven't the foggiest of how to get the scanned ones to look halfway decent, and I have no idea how to put pics in forums x.x

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i got bored one day and thought of a pkmn that might be fun/really annoying. a ghost/fighting minotaur-esque guy with like base stats of:

122 hp / 138 atk / 90 def / 60 satk / 90 sdef / 100 spd

granted he was a legendary - which explains the ridiculous stat total (yea i get it he could've been a pseudo) - with two abilities. levitate and technician.

the idea came to me when i thought of having something else that was awesome at priority abuse, and so i thought "why not have something like a ghost/fighting? both types get good priority (shadow sneak/mach punch/vacuum wave if you wanna count it, i don't) and fighting/ghost is unresisted and two 90 bp priority moves with unresisted type coverage together couldn't hurt it." then i thought of making it stupidly fat and strong too. so uh yeah. that's how it came to be. i'm thinking of making a drawing of it but i'm awful at drawing so ehh

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

When I was a lad, I used to spend hours drawing whatever idea for new Pokémon popped into my head. I must have made enough to supply several generations. Still have 'em too, somewhere.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I reckon it'd be fun to have another go at drawing new Pokémon.

Blog Entries

I came up with a Pokemon called a Cheebo. It's kinda simple, but I like it.

Cheebo sprite:
    cheebo.png

I've come up with several, some of which I'm very proud of. I started making my own generation... the water start's final evolution looks a lot like Daikenki, only Daikenki is so much cooler. I freaked out with happiness when I first saw Daikenki... I was like "OMG they made a Pokemon like mine!!! I want that so bad!!!"

I made up "Queendra" which was a pink female only version of Kingdra. It was great. Kingdra's worldwide would be incredibly excited to get a queen, maybe a few Seadra princesses etc.

Blog Entries

Islata
    Fire/water
    The underwater volcano pokemon
    A sea serpent/fish thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast