Giratina: banished? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giratina: banished?

Default Re: Giratina: banished?

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    So, we're going with the word of an up-and-coming researcher of myths versus the word of a world-renowned expert on Pokemon? How can you say Cynthia is any more correct?

What you keep forgetting is what Cynthia says is her interpretation of the myths. What makes her interpretation any more valid than a direct transcription of the original mythology in dex entry form? What if the ancient people who wrote that myth down didn't actually tell the truth?

If we're going with Cynthia's interpretation, she doesn't even believe that those things were gods. Yet at the same time, a different researcher of myths believes that Arceus is the embodiment of the original spirit which he believes is in both humans and Pokemon.
    Okay, you win. You just dont get it, how can we go on Human's Beliefs? the old ppl even said rayquaza did not exist!(Its true. if they had known it would not be a new poke by what ppl think)

Hello.

I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar

You're right it's just a Pokédex entry...
    But it's still strange because it wasn't really OAK who wrote that there, we know it was Game Freak, and I can't believe they "lie" things about all the other monsters. You know, the Pokédex is aways described as an machine you can learn about the Pokémon you get, not to be kind of mistaken.

It's still a great story though, about how the world of Pokémon was created and how it's maintained (the Distortion World and the mysterious creature).

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Hasta View Post
    In many ways, the Turnback Cave is a "prison" for Giratina, and that's probably where the whole "banishment" deal was inferred by Professors, so to say.
    Well, that's a theory...
    Giratina wouldn't pass the doors the player pass anyway, he's very big... Giratina could destroy the connection between the two worlds (and then destroy both worlds) if he wanted to, Arceus left him banished with a lot of power in his "hands".
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

Arceus is more powerful than Giratina, so, assuming Turnback Cave is a prison for it, I really doubt Giratina has the power to destroy anything Arceus created, especially if its created specifically to contain it.
    I don't calculate stat values. I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally.
    Platinum FC: 5028 0623 6502
    "Scott, if your life had a face, I would punch it in the balls."

Many people use this in relation to how some of us believe God banished Lucifer to Hell, therefore becoming the Devil. Arceus banishing Giratina for it's behavior is extremely similar to the previously mentioned statement. And after ending up in the Distortion World he was able to utilize his Origin Forme.

Well, maybe it only gets a limited time to spend in the 'old world' and has to spend most time in the Distortion World, unless called upon by another Pokemon that controls Time and Space (ie. Palkia and Dialga)

Thanks to King of Jesus (Neodark) for the banner!

I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair0 View Post
    Arceus is more powerful than Giratina, so, assuming Turnback Cave is a prison for it, I really doubt Giratina has the power to destroy anything Arceus created, especially if its created specifically to contain it.
    Hmm, you've got a point here... "Arceus is more powerful than Giratina", even if he could freely walk out of the Distortion World it wouldn't because it knows Arceus would get him and defeat him. Even if he could he wouldn't destroy Turnback Cave or do any other thing that would make Arceus furious.

So it's not a sealed "I'm locked" banishment, it's a "It's better not to make Arceus furious, I'm going to live in this place - and therefore ending protecting it because it's my home." banishment.
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    Okay, you win. You just dont get it, how can we go on Human's Beliefs? the old ppl even said rayquaza did not exist!(Its true. if they had known it would not be a new poke by what ppl think)
    Perhaps I had, but you still failed to provide an adequate answer to my first question: How does your theory actually clear anything up?

You want to know what brought up those comments? You said that the dex entries could be incorrect, and that Cynthia herself does not say banish (and of course she wouldn't, because she doesn't believe those are gods). Yet you make a bold claim that Giratina is in fact "God of antimatter" when being a deity is suggested only from the Pokedex (as Game Freak only mentioned it as being its inspiration). Then you make your own theory, and then end with "I hope i cleared the Matter" as if everything you said was inherently right and the only explanation possible. Yet you yourself say that the dex entries are only created by humans. What does that make you then? Or is that claim only limited to fictional humans? In which case, we go back to the source, Game Freak made those entries and I'd much rather believe what's written in canon than what's written in fanon.

So again, I ask the question: How does your theory actually clear anything up?

It doesn't really, because its just one of the many fan interpretations in this thread, and it doesn't help when your subsequent statements just make the validity of your theory more questionable.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Obviously, Giratina was never permanently banished. You see, one day Dialga and Palkia decided to pull a practical joke on Giratina. Giratina has somehow offended Arceus and was banished to the Torn World for all of five minutes (in Earth time). So, Dialga slowed down time to make Giratina take 100 years to leave the Distorted World and go back into the Real World while Palkia convinced the humans that Giratina had been banished. It's all in the subtext, you see.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123