Giratina: banished?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giratina: banished?

I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar

Question Giratina: banished?

Platinum Pokédex entry: "It was banished for its violence. It silently gazed upon the old world from the Distortion World."

How can they say Giratina was banished if he can freely walk through the Distortion World and the Pokémon world?
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Giratina: banished?

Freely walk? The only time its appeared in the main series was where there was either already a portal (Turnback Cave) or there was likely a weakening in the fabric of space-time (Spear Pillar).

I wouldn't call that "freely walking"

Giratina and the Sky Warrior, he came of from a portal he opened in the lake to face Dialga.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Giratina and the Sky Warrior, he came of from a portal he opened in the lake to face Dialga.
    And you said Platinum Pokedex entry, and I responded with Platinum evidence.

The anime also had creatures of space and time fight with each other because of territorial disputes, even though they're two sides of the same coin and spawned from the same creature.

Really, I don't think you have an argument here if you're going to call on anime to disprove what the games say.

Ok so I'll take only game arguments.
    Weakening in the fabric of space-time (Spear Pillar)? Dialga and Palkia were only summoned by Cyrus... It has nothing to do with Giratina being able to open the portal and appearing himself when not called?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Ok so I'll take only game arguments.
    Weakening in the fabric of space-time (Spear Pillar)? Dialga and Palkia were only summoned by Cyrus... It has nothing to do with Giratina being able to open the portal and appearing himself when not called?
    Dialga and Palkia weren't summoned. They were forcibly pulled out of their dimensions. If you looked where they were standing after you wake up from being knocked out, you can see the tear in space into their dimension despite the fact that they left. The whole purpose of summoning Palkia and Dialga was to distort the balance and cause the current reality to collapse in order to make a new one using their power. You really think that didn't weaken anything in the fabric of space-time?

I think you completely missed the point I was making. If the fabric of reality is weakened, then whatever was sealing Giratina in its world was also weakening allowing it to punch a hole through and get to the real world.

But of course, completely disregard what I said if you want to make your point, even though the fact remains that Giratina only appeared in two places, one is where there was already an open portal and the other where reality was being distorted.

Also notice that when Giratina appeared from his make-shift portal in Spear Pillar, it appeared as a shadow and not in its full glory. All it could do was appear as a shadow and drag Cyrus into its world, it couldn't fully materialize. As for Giratina's motive? Its a renegade Pokemon, by punching that hole, it allowed the Distortion World to slowly spread. That's the whole reason Cynthia and the protagonist had to go through the portal, so that they could fix it. Now if the Distortion spreads. Giratina would have full reign over the normal world as well.

Nothing you said also changes the fact that Giratina did not in fact walk in and out of the Distortion World as it pleased
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th December 2010 at 02:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Dialga and Palkia weren't summoned. They were forcibly pulled out of their dimensions. If you looked where they were standing after you wake up from being knocked out, you can see the tear in space into their dimension despite the fact that they left. The whole purpose of summoning Palkia and Dialga was to distort the balance and cause the current reality to collapse in order to make a new one using their power. You really think that didn't weaken anything in the fabric of space-time?

I think you completely missed the point I was making. If the fabric of reality is weakened, then whatever was sealing Giratina in its world was also weakening allowing it to punch a hole through and get to the real world.

But of course, completely disregard what I said if you want to make your point, even though the fact remains that Giratina only appeared in two places, one is where there was already an open portal and the other where reality was being distorted.

Also notice that when Giratina appeared from his make-shift portal in Spear Pillar, it appeared as a shadow and not in its full glory. All it could do was appear as a shadow and drag Cyrus into its world, it couldn't fully materialize. As for Giratina's motive? Its a renegade Pokemon, by punching that hole, it allowed the Distortion World to slowly spread. That's the whole reason Cynthia and the protagonist had to go through the portal, so that they could fix it. Now if the Distortion spreads. Giratina would have full reign over the normal world as well.

Nothing you said also changes the fact that Giratina did not in fact walk in and out of the Distortion World as it pleased
    Everything is right except for the motives... Giratina intervened was to save the DW from being destroyed not to expand it... And technically Palkia and Dailga were banished to other places as well.

Blog Entries

What about Shadow Force? Does Giratina go into the Distortion World? Or does it just become invisible?

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

In the movie, it used Shadow Force in the Distortion World. So yeah, I can only conclude that it turned intangible, possibly reverting to antimatter or some other craziness like that.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

invisible I assume.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Thunderbolt went right through it as it disappeared. So I don't think it was simply invisible.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

^Then probably invisible and intangible.

Blog Entries

It's simple. Giratina is Colonel Hogan, and Arceus is Kommandant Klink.

Let's see who gets that reference.

And let's say Heatran is Sergeant Schultz. ("I know notheeeng!")
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

In my own Pokemon story, I explain Giratina's "violence" in this sort of way. It's all complete nonsense, so don't take it TOO seriously, but this is the theory that I believe and that my story will go by.

But anyway. Giratina's supposed violence. I always imagined that he grew jealous of the worship Dialga and Palkia got. Cynthia mentions that Giratina was all but forgotten until she did some research. Giratina's jealously grew to a rage in the past, and he attacked...well, in my story, I say the Lake Trio, but he might have attacked something else. He flew into a rage, in other words.

To avoid causing the god of antimatter create mass chaos and to prevent his power from becoming out of control, Arceus sends Giratina into the antimatter-void he was meant to represent. The Distortion World. He has links to the real world after a few thousand years of isolation, but entering it causes him pain, since he's spent so long in the Distortion World by now. Such pain it is that it causes Giratina to shift forms. By shifting forms, you see, he prevents his power from exploding out of him. When he holds a Griseous Orb, though, it suppresses his antimatter-ness, so he'll be fine.

...so yeah. It's something like that, but that's how I came to interpret Giratina's Platinum Pokedex entry.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 28th December 2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: editing on the shift forms part
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DracoMan View Post
    It's simple. Giratina is Colonel Hogan, and Arceus is Kommandant Klink.

Let's see who gets that reference.

And let's say Heatran is Sergeant Schultz. ("I know notheeeng!")
    Wait, wouldn't that mean Giratina is allowed to go where ever the hell it wants to when it wants to, have a squadron to do it's shit and talk Arceus into doing absolutely idiotic things like letting Genesect come back to life?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast