Games, Anime and Manga Resemblances

Thread: Games, Anime and Manga Resemblances

Default Games, Anime and Manga Resemblances

So, throughout the many years that Pokémon has been exposed to the public, we have seen various official games, both main games and spin-off's, as well as a whole lot of anime seasons, and a great deal of chapters in the Pokémon manga. But even though the games and the anime are following different characters (mostly), parts of the story are different, and overall covering different things, there are still a lot of resemblances in them both, some taken from the games to the anime and vice versa, and this thread is basically for discussing those things.

Mention whatever resemblance you know or find between the games, the animé, and the manga, (though no need to point out the obvious ones, like they both have gyms, both follow the same regions, etc.), and discuss them with others, for example where they originated from, be it the games or the anime, how much they have affected the story, and if there are any, the differences there are in the resemblances too (a good example would be Giovanni, who appears in both the games and the anime, but whose personality and story doesn't match each other).

Discuss!
    Last edited by GengarEatBanana; 17th March 2012 at 03:46 AM.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Games/Anime Resemblances

@Olli97, can we use the Pokemon Manga as a comparison along with the games and anime?

If so I'd like to compare Giovanni. In the games it is shown that he has no interest in his son Silver and abandons him. This is totally different to the Pokemon Special Manga, where one of Giovanni's main goals is to actually find Silver to reconnect with him before he would sucumb to his (implied) disease/cancer in the Fr/Lg Arc. He even shields Silver from the flames when the Team Rocket Airship crashes, badly burning himself to save his son.

I always found that interesting, just how they could be the same person but have totally different personalities relating to this one issue.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Default Re: Games/Anime Resemblances

@GengarEatBanana

Oh yeah, that totally skipped my mind. Moderators can edit the title, right? If so, I would be glad if you or another moderator would edit it to Games, Anime and Manga Resemblances.

OT:
    Yeah, I don't really remember how Giovanni thought of Silver in the games, but I remember Silver hating Team Rocket and Giovanni with it, probably because of some kind of issue with Giovanni. In the random pages that I sometimes get to read of the manga, I noticed that Silver's story was completely different. I didn't know that Giovanni acted like a caring father though, so now I have another reason to like him.
    Last edited by Olli97; 17th March 2012 at 03:45 AM.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Games, Anime and Manga Resemblances

@Olie97, All done.

Yes in the games Silver hates Team Rocket. In the Pokemon Special Manga he hates them as well. However he eventually learns to accept that Giovanni is his father, and although astranged by the fact he's the boss of Team Rocket, Silver accepts his father for who he is.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World