Foreign Building

Thread: Foreign Building

Default Foreign Building

I don't know if this is the right place for this topic or if there is another thread, and if so, go ahead and close it, but I apologize in advance.

In Pokemon Diamond (and I assume Pearl as well), in Hearthome City, I'm sure everyone or most have gone into the church-like building, but what I just noticed is when you save in there, the name it gives is not Hearthome, instead, it says "Foreign Building" as the location. Its not a question I have, but a speculation, that maybe this will serve as a delivery ground for the an (hopefully) Event, maybe the Azure Flute, given that Arceus is the Creator/Alpha Pokemon. What are your thoughts on this?
    Is Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Chaos View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place for this topic or if there is another thread, and if so, go ahead and close it, but I apologize in advance.

In Pokemon Diamond (and I assume Pearl as well), in Hearthome City, I'm sure everyone or most have gone into the church-like building, but what I just noticed is when you save in there, the name it gives is not Hearthome, instead, it says "Foreign Building" as the location. Its not a question I have, but a speculation, that maybe this will serve as a delivery ground for the an (hopefully) Event, maybe the Azure Flute, given that Arceus is the Creator/Alpha Pokemon. What are your thoughts on this?
    Probably not since most, if not all items are delivered at the Pokemart.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wasn't it Profesor oak who gives you all the event items such as Azure Flute? Also I believe if you save in a Pokemon Center that it says that as well.

I find it creepy yet cool that the "foreign building" has no background music.

Blog Entries

That is quite odd. :s
    You may catch Arceuthere, seeing as he is the 'God' pokemon, and it's a church.
    I think that the church symbolises how religion is more important in these games, with people worshipping a pokemon as if it was a God, which hasn't happened in the series. I hope they expand on this in future games.

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

This building serves no purpose what so ever. It is no more than another decorative waste of bytes. If it were special in any way, the fandom would know.

Professor does not give out any event items - they are delivered through the PokeMart.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Agent of SHIELD $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

It may not be a waste, perhaps Platinum will shed some light on it. I doubt that an "event" will take place there, but it seems too awkward to have it do nothing at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi View Post
    It may not be a waste, perhaps Platinum will shed some light on it. I doubt that an "event" will take place there, but it seems too awkward to have it do nothing at all.
    Scorched Slab

Ultimate Cheezit Stasher Cheezit_Stashes's Avatar

Well, if you look at the stain glass in the front of the church, it clearly shows Mt. Coronet with a light on top of it. Hint? Who knows?

I doubt the Azure flute would be distributed through there.
    Do not defy the Cheezits...

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Maybe it could serve as an enterance/portal to the Torn World, once more easily and regularly accessable than the one atop Spear Pilliar? If it shows Mt. Cornet with a light on top of it, who knows?
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

It would have been neat if it was in Platinum used as a device to either give Shaymin it's transformation item, or as part of a side quest to catch it. (You know, a wedding happens that has something to do with Shaymin)

Well, I'm not okay. Neverender_1862's Avatar
    I live in a world where darkness has gripped and killed all my friends. I live in a world full of despair and hopelessness. SAVE ME FROM THE DARK.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage DD View Post
    Wasn't it Profesor oak who gives you all the event items such as Azure Flute?
    No. The weird green guy in the Pokemarts do, even though I've never received an event Pokemon AT ALL (*ehrrmm* Game Freak *Ehem*). The foreign building is probably just an attraction.

Blog Entries

When you use the Town Map and hover over the bottom left of Hearthrome, this description for the Foreign Building comes up:

There is a building here that is
    symbolic of the city's status as a
    place where different cultures meet.

Yeah, its just a building used to exemplify Hearthrome's story of being a gathering place for many people and Pokemon.

Blog Entries

I always thought it was just a regular old building.