First translation

Thread: First translation

Default First translation

Of all the Pokémon things (anime, manga, video game, cards, etc.), which one was tranlated into English first?

that's actually an interesting question... in America, the anime came out before the games rather than after, and I'm pretty sure some of the manga and the card game were released in a similar time frame as well. I'm gonna assume that Nintendo of America initially started work on localizing the games first and foremost.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

It was the games for sure. I'm guessing the localization span for Red and Blue was at least seven months to a year, and the game translation was very likely finished well before the September 1st anime premiere. So while the anime/TCG/Manga may have hit the general public first, the games were the first things localized.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance