Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon?

Default Re: Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon?

I am extraordinarily partial to Dragalge, and delighted that there is even a Pokémon in existence based on the weedy sea dragon. Its splendid typing is a cherry on top! Maybe even two cherries.

As for my least favorite, that honor goes to Binacle, no doubt. I can't even appreciate the concept. It is some kind of awkward, petulant-looking arthropod that is also a hand. Er, hands. Really, everything about it is unsavory, from its palette to its faces. Even its X Pokédex entry is especially ridiculous, and considering the absurdity one regularly encounters in the Pokédex, that is really something:

"Two Binacle live together on one rock. When they fight, one of them will move to a different rock."

Not only is this utterly underwhelming, I am also having a difficult time reconciling the bizarre contradiction.

Taking its evolution into account, as well, it just ends up somewhere between silly and nightmarish. I would simply rather have nothing to do with this aquatic abomination and its angry puffy palm-cheeks!

Blog Entries

Favorite: Chesnaught
    The whole family has pretty good design, but at Stage 2, Chesnaught also has really good move variety. It's also the only Grass starter I actually adore, which means something.

Least: Carbink
    I don't mind Honedge and Magneton and such, but I still can't comprehend what this... thing... does. It has a really odd stat distribution and if you ask me its design is almost too simple.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    Favorite: Dragalge. Its stats aren't great but it's a freaking poisonous Dragon. It's hidden ability is Adaptability which makes it really cool. Runner up is Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum. It has a great design with a cool typing but that's all it's really got going for it. It's slow and frail with an utterly useless ability. Unfortunately many of its stats are a so low even a Mega Evolution wouldn't help it. Despite that all that I think it's a cool Pokemon. Aurorus is my third favorite.

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.
    What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.

Anyways, I have no idea why, but I adore the Inkay line. Same goes for Aegislash and Florges. But I think my #1 fave is Delphox. Greninja can go jump in front of Darkrai's Dark Void for all I care. It's more overrated than Pikachu (who I actually adore!)

Anyways, Chesnaught and Greninja's overrated butts are my least faves, but I actually like all 72 Pokémon design wise. Considering I haven't trained the vast majority of the 721 Pokémon, that's all I can rank them by.
    Last edited by BlackButterfree; 12th July 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Favorite: Pyroar (especially the female)
    Least favorite: Slurpuff. Damn, I hate that thing.

Under partial construction

Dost thou talketh to me? DynamoRox4Sure's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow DynamoRox4Sure On Twitter
    Follow DynamoRox4Sure on Tumblr Visit DynamoRox4Sure's Youtube Channel

Favorite: Pangoro. Possibly my favorite fully evolved Gen VI Pokemon.

Least Favorite: Carbink. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I never really understood it. I know it's has a connection to Diancie, which is obvious, but it still took me forever to fully get why it was made other than to have another new Fairy pokemon.

Being random since 2004
    Destroying trolls since 2012
    3DS FC: 3179-6150-0900

[QUOTE=BlackButterfree;5307178]
    Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.
    @BlackButterfree [What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.] (Messed up quoting)

Gale Wings gives +1 priority to any flying type moves. It's the signature ability of Talonflame.
    It's really the only competitively used ability for it.
    Pancham is super cool 'tho

Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace

[QUOTE=Forgotten;5308292]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    @BlackButterfree [What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.] (Messed up quoting)

Gale Wings gives +1 priority to any flying type moves. It's the signature ability of Talonflame.
    Well my baby has Flame Body and I'm 100% satisfied with her. One thing I will say, I didn't like her design before Fletchinder was revealed. I thought it was a horrible design for a two-stage bird. Somehow I fell in love with her after realizing she was three-stage and I adore her after having fought nine months together.

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since I really love all 72, this is going to be tough...

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fabulous View Post

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.
    Honestly, I think Carbink is cute. :P But I guess the reason behind it is Diancie. Diancie is diamond and exists only because it mutes from Carbink, a piece of coal. So it only exists for that one detail about Diancie. Also it's cute and the Rock/Fairy typing just screams jewel Pokémon.

[QUOTE=BlackButterfree;5308356]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post

Well my baby has Flame Body and I'm 100% satisfied with her. One thing I will say, I didn't like her design before Fletchinder was revealed. I thought it was a horrible design for a two-stage bird. Somehow I fell in love with her after realizing she was three-stage and I adore her after having fought nine months together.
    Really? You can use a Talonflame without Gale Wings? Maybe your Talonflame is blessed by the RNG with good IVs in Attack or something, but even with Gale Wings for me, Talonflame is pretty darn useless.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! Also, I claimed Tiki and Robin from Fire Emblem, but that doesn't matter too much. Oh, wait, there's also the Hookshot, Dragonstone, Thoron, and Crusader Blade. I have way too many claims...

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Jdog1020;5308676]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten View Post

Really? You can use a Talonflame without Gale Wings? Maybe your Talonflame is blessed by the RNG with good IVs in Attack or something, but even with Gale Wings for me, Talonflame is pretty darn useless.
    Well, I don't play competitively. In-game, even a Sunkern can take down a Gyarados if you train it the right way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Favorites would be Fennekin & Vivillon, and I'm not really sure I have any that I don't like. Goomy & Talonflame are super popular, apparently, so I kinda steer clear of those, but I wouldn't say I don't like them. They have their perks. .-.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd have to say my least favourite would be Aromatisse because, while it is a Fairy type (and I like Fairy types,) I just can't get over that abysmal design. Runner-ups are Barbar... whatever and Diggersby.

As for my favourite, I'd have to say Xerneas because it has a very good design (I like dear-like Pokemon for some reason) and it can be devistating in battle if it has a Power herb and Geomancy. Runner-ups are Delphox and Sylveon.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 30th August 2014 at 08:36 AM.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fire Elite Four member and Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising) and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

Bulbanews Writer aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter
    Follow aliveatnight on Tumblr

Aurorus would have to be my favorite. I was never a huge fossil fan (minus Aerodactyl), and this one was so cute and elegant that I just love it.

I have a lot that I don't like...but I'd have to go with Dragalge for worst. I don't like his design, and the seaweed look is just gross to me.

Friend Safari: Bug - Beautifly, Pinsir, Combee

Talkin' About Life - My Blog
    Pinterest & Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fabulous View Post

Honestly, I think Carbink is cute. :P But I guess the reason behind it is Diancie. Diancie is diamond and exists only because it mutes from Carbink, a piece of coal. So it only exists for that one detail about Diancie. Also it's cute and the Rock/Fairy typing just screams jewel Pokémon.
    What? Carbink is one of the most awesome new pokemon! Its life is so totally different to all the others! It lives underground slowly absorbing geothermal heat and storing it as energy over hundreds of thousands of years before coming up to the surface world. How is that not cool?

I would even say Carbink is one of my favorites. I also like Phantump and Trevenant because they lend themselves nicely to dark fantasy roleplays, Binacle (but not Barbaracle, ugh) and Skrelp/Dragalge because they add a lot of depth to the pokemon ecosystems, and Spritzee and Aromatisse because cute bird designs always get me (Hoothoot! Natu! Pelipper! Torchic!)

My least favorite is Florges. Its preevolutions are okay, but I just hate the way Florges looks. The poofy flower thing just makes it not look like it belongs in pokemon in any way. I don't know. It's a very weird thing to dislike.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It turns out that I actually made all that stuff up about Carbink. But I prefer to keep thinking of him like that even though it may not be true!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast