Favorite (fully evolved) Kalos starter

View Poll Results: Now that you've seen them, what is your favorite Kalos starter?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chesnaught

17 21.52%
  • Delphox

28 35.44%
  • Greninja

34 43.04%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite (fully evolved) Kalos starter

Default Favorite (fully evolved) Kalos starter

Remember the days when the question was Chespin, Fennekin, or Froakie? That was so nine months ago....

Now that the game's out and you've raised a team around these three and seen them through their line of two evolutions, how do you rank the Kalos starters in their final forms?
    Last edited by Stratelier; 21st October 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Favorite (fully evolved) Kalos starter

I remember almost everyone pretty much worshiping Fennekin as a god when the games were first announced, then came the first stages, which Braixen continued to be adored while Quilladin was slammed to no end, and boy did things change once Chesnaught was revealed...

So yeah, Chesnaught is my favorite of the three.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Delphox is essentially my favorite Pokémon as of Gen VI, so my answer here is obvious. I love its design, concept, type, color scheme, etc.

Greninja looks awesome too and the Dark-type it gets after evolving only makes it even better.

The only one I have experience with is Chesnaught, I think it is pretty awesome design and battle wise. However I've decided I actually prefer Greninja's design so I'm going to use it my next playthrough. I'm not too sure sure about Delphox, it's kinda cool but also looks kinda dumb.

Delphox was pretty disappointing, Chesnaught was good looking as I thought it would be, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good Greninja looked.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Chesnaught, definitely. I don't understand the appeal of Greninja to be honest, and Delphox's design doesn't seem like anything special. But Chesnaught has so many perfect details, idk how to explain it. I'm just in love with it.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Do you like potatoes? toadkerfy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Greninja. Chesnaught's fine, although I find something odd about it. Delphox is just weird-looking in my opinion.
    I want a Gengar with a mustache.

Blog Entries

Greninja! I just love this thing to bits.
    Last edited by Life; 26th October 2013 at 06:51 AM.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar

Greninja.

I used to hate it, when it was leaked at first, I thought I would rather keep my Froakie as a Frogadier, but it grew on me as time went on.

Later, he was confirmed to be real, and gaining the Dark-type, thus making him the first Pokemon to be related to a starter that is a Dark-type.

I liked Delphox and Chesnaught as soon as they were revealed(Chesnaught's coloring still bothers me though). So I like all 3 starters, but Greninja is my favorite of the 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opossumguy View Post
    Skyla. She's from Unova, which has the most character development for gym leaders. Also, the huge cannons help. In fact, the whole gym design is great.

I just realized how you can take that wrong....

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chesnaught. He is cute and badass at the same time. And those spikes! No he is a beast. Team Chesnaught unite!
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

If you are asking people for favourites among a subject, then it's best that the thread is put in the main board.

Anyway, I like Chesnaught because it turns out better than I thought. For starters, it is not a Dark-type like everyone wanted it to be. Another thing I like about Chesnaught is how different it turned out, which is somewhat similar to how Unova's starters turned out a lot different from their young forms. The closest to Chesnaught's evolution is Samurott, who have two early stages of consistency, but the final one is so different that you might mistake the two as being unrelated.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

I'm one of the oddballs who likes Chesnaught the most. It's basically a hulking juggernaut squirrel. Honestly, though, they're all at least decent this gen.

Greninja was my chosen starter and my favorite, just confused why they would emphasize the bubbles during the first two stages only to replace it with a tongue scarf as the final form.

Now that I've seen them, I have to tip my hat to Greninja. I'm actually a bit conflicted over the designs of the Kalos starter families -- to recap how I feel about them:

- Initial forms: Liked Fennekin the most (nothing against Chespin or Froakie, they are appealing too)
    - First evolutions: Didn't particularly like Braixen's design (seemed too feminine overall; the stick up the tail is kind of odd, and the long ear flares definitely rubbed me the wrong way), but that twirling stick animation was awesome. Quilladin basically struck me as a giant WTF, but Frogadier was awesome.
    - Final evolutions: I respect both Delphox and Chesnaught (especially when contrasted to their previous forms; and ironically, I view Delphox's design as actually slightly masculine), but Greninja preserves the sleek look of Frogadier's design which I already liked to begin with. And Greninja's special attack animation has me constantly thinking "Water Style Jutsu!" every time I see it. (Another irony: I don't use him often, because I just can't get enough of having a Lanturn as my resident Water type.)

And for each starter specifically:
    - Fennekin: While I couldn't stand Braixen as a male starter, I kinda wish I had put up with it rather than starting over with a female starter because Delphox definitely makes up for it.
    - Chespin: Would have been my second choice of the starters. If I had seen Quilladin's design at first I would have avoided this guy like the plague, but like Delphox, Chesnaught makes up for it in a big way.
    - Froakie: My last choice in Kalos starters, but the frog's aesthetic just gets better with each evolution. I've traditionally gone with the fastest starter, it's a surprise that the Water type is that one this time.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 26th October 2013 at 01:31 AM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I like all three. (One of the few generations where there isn't really one I'm meh about. Although I am meh about Froakie's first form and Quilladin.) But my absolute favorite that none of the starters nor any other Pokemon (except Braixen, which is its pre-evo) can compare to is Delphox. The colors... the warm reddish colors! I love the robe/dress thing it's got going on, and its battle animations make it look like a graceful painter with its stick. The concept of a fiery foxy witch is very appealing to me, as I love witches and sorceresses and magical sort of things. I also love canines and mammals. And Fire is my favorite type. All of these combine to not just make it one of my favorite starters, but one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

I can just really relate to it. It's got all of the characteristics of things that I've portrayed myself as, and makes a great Pokesona as well.

Also, it and Braixen have awesome cries. :3

Delphox is my favourite, I like the concept and the combination of types. Chesnaught is cute and the idea behind Chespin's evolution line is adorable, but a bit too cute for me. I don't really like Greninja, it looks sort of boring and a ninja water frog is just dull to me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast