Which Evolution Would You Change?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Evolution Would You Change?

He Bled into the Throne Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Which Evolution Would You Change?

There are a lot of Pokemon. A lot of Pokemon evolve. A lot of people don't like what they evolve into.

Which evolutions would you change?

Personally, I love the Duskull line... However, if I had my choice on how it evolves, I would have made the skull be the major thing that carried over. I was disappointed that the Pokemon with the skull mask evolved into a Pokemon that took the cyclops theme, and ran with it.

The game is called Bridges...

Banner by Blazaking

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which Evolution Would You Change?

-Budew doesn't look enough like a Roselia prevo. -> give it a new line and give Roselia a different prevo.
    -Pupitar is a bit random for a middle evo between Larvitar and Tyranitar. -> as above
    -How is Daikenki anything like the rest of the Oshawott line? -> again, as above
    -The obvious one: swap Venemoth and Butterfree around

...That kinda thing.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest.
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.
    I'm also looking for voice actors for Project LILAC. Find out more here.

Spirit of the Divine Wind Kamikazen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't necessarily "change" but add to evo lines.

IMO, Eevee needs a Steel evo and a ghost evo. I think That would be awesome.

Not an evolution, but there needs to be a Reverse Swirl Poliwag to oppose Spikey Eared Pichu. >:D

And Rhyphailure looks nothing like its evo, so can we just give it the axe?

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    -Pupitar is a bit random for a middle evo between Larvitar and Tyranitar. -> as above
    Pupitar's supposed to be a pupa. It actually makes a lot of sense.

I'd change Dragonite. Make Dragonair evolve into something cooler and more fitting with the first two members of the line.

In my opinion, there are a few flaws with the evolutions of certain pokemon. I would just change the instances certain pokemon evolve; like Snorunt and Kirlia. Snorunt evolves into Glalie and Frolass, but only Froslass if it's female. This should be fixed to make Glalie only male or something. And with Kirlia, there should only be female Gardevoir and well, Gallade.
    I wouldn't necessarily change evolutions, i would change instances.

Cherubi should have evolved via Sun Stone.

Actually, it would be better if some evolutionary items and methods got used by more Pokémon, especially the item-trade evolutions.

Eevee should also evolve in more special places, like say evolving into Jolteon when trained in a power plant, Flareon when trained in a volcano or other hot place or Vaporeon when trained in a place with alot of water.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I'd change Blaziken up so it still incorperates Torchic and Combusken's flame shaped comb. I think the rest of it's design fits well with the other two stages (feathers gradually covering the legs, develops a 'jacket' out of Torchic's collar etc.), but the change from a comb that appeared to be an ongoing theme, to that bizzare wing shaped hairstyle always struck me as a bit random.

And while I think Grovyle looks perfect as it is, I don't think it having an actual tail would have hurt, for the sake of fitting in with the other two members of it's evo line. As it stands, it goes from thick leaf-shaped tail > two flimsy, thin leaves > thick fern-shaped tail. Grovyle is definately the odd one out in that regard.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Dragonair needs to evolve into a serpent. Then it's evo line will be better.

-Budew doesn't look enough like a Roselia prevo. -> give it a new line and give Roselia a different prevo.
    Well... yeah, it's a bud. They're not supposed to look like a flower. Just like Sunkern and Sunflora.

But, yeah, I'd also change Futachimaru's evolution. I think it was revealed that Miju's line was the hardest to design, and you can tell. They shoulda kept the samurai motif rather than change it to a samurai's horse. And it shoulda been a Fighting or Steel type. I mean... they're based on samurai! Hello?!

Blog Entries

I don't like how Kirlia (such a femenine-looking Pokemon) can evolve into a masculine pokemon. I think female Ralts should evolve into Kirlia, and male Ralts should evolve into something more masculine
    I claimed Victreebel

-How is Daikenki anything like the rest of the Oshawott line? -> again, as above
    Many reasons.
    • The shells he's wearing that act as armor and a weapon fit with the whole samurai theme its line is based on
    • He's an otter (with some sea lion elements)
    • If you look at all three pokemon carefully, you'll notice the colours are constant but just get moved around.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

*rolls eyes*

It has a totally different physical form to Futachimaru. It'd make more sense as either the top evo of a line where Futachimaru is at the bottom and there's a mid-way between the two for the middle evo, or as, say, a fourth evo, where there's the same mid-way evo between Futachimaru and Daikenki, but still with Oshawott at the bottom.
    Yeah, I write dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest.
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.
    I'm also looking for voice actors for Project LILAC. Find out more here.

*rolls eyes*

It has a totally different physical form to Futachimaru. It'd make more sense as either the top evo of a line where Futachimaru is at the bottom and there's a mid-way between the two for the middle evo, or as, say, a fourth evo, where there's the same mid-way evo between Futachimaru and Daikenki, but still with Oshawott at the bottom.
    *rolls eyes*

You say Daikenki, who is a perfectly reasonable evolution who merely chose to change it's stance.

I say Dragonite, who has absolutely NOTHING in common with it's predecessors. Not colour, not shape, not size, nothing, unlike Daikenki. Yet the fanbase love jumping over the fact that Dragonite, Blaziken, and many, many other Pokemon barely or don't resemble their pre-evolutions.

I think maybe Weepinbell should have a Bellossom–like split evo with the Sun Stone(that's pure grass and more sweet looking), and that Psyduck should get a Slowking like one(that obtains more headaches and psychic moves). Just for counterpart purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikazen View Post
    IMO, Eevee needs a Steel evo and a ghost evo. I think That would be awesome.
    Eevee is only meant to have "special" typed evos. Ice, Grass, Fire, Electric, Psychic, Dark, and Water are all of those. The others aren't...

Sorry, just pisses me off when people come up with more Eevee evos without realizing the purpose of the originals.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast