For evolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For evolution

Default For evolution

Ok, I apologise if this is in Diamond and pearl, as I haven't played them yet, but I was thinking, we have Pokemon that have branche evolution, like Eevee, Tyrogue, Poliwhirl, how about two making pokemon that evolve into the same thing. For example, something that both Heracross and Pinsir can evolve into, or one that Ninetails, Arcanine and Houndoom can all evolve into.

then what woudl come out when it breeds?

Could either put the final form in egg group X, or make it the first form of what the mother evolved from, or random like gender.

That'd be pretty cool! It's like convergent evolution!
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Blog Entries

That would just make things way too complicated.

w00t renovation is done. Calvin's Avatar
    In an imaginary world where pigs *truly* fly.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blurrz View Post
    That would just make things way too complicated.
    True, but it will make it easier for people to get a certain species of Pokemon.

Blog Entries

A simpler solution. Hopefully if there is another game, just expand the regional Pokedex.

There's no point in merging two pokemon evolutionary lines together.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dual, that thread's about Combee, not about alternate branch as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Dual, that thread's about Combee, not about alternate branch as a whole.
    But it's the same basic concept, simply more specific.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, it's different enough for me rather than hijacking another thread with four pages of more specific discussion.

I didn't think it would be too complicated. Doesn't Eevee have seven things it can evolve into now, that seems more complicated? It also has mixed lines allready, Hitmonchan and HitmonLee used to be two separate Pokemon, ok asociated with each othe as Punching and kicking, but not in the same line, now they are linked, Tyrogue can evolve into either one of them or Hitmontop. But as far as I know, there aren't two types that start different and evolve into the same thing

I gave Ninetails, Arkanine and Houndoom as an example, 3 dogs, all are fire type, How about if they were all able to evolve to something, maybe a cerberus type thing for example, seeing as Houndoom also is dark. Ok so Cerberus would be Dark/Fire. Could have it, if Cerberus is female and you breed it, what comes out of the egg, (unless it was just what the mother was before it evolved) could depend on what time it hatches, for example, morning = vulpix, day = Growlyth, night = Houndour.

Another example could be a Pollution pokemon, that both Weezing and Muk can become. Tempted to say it should take a human shape that resembles captain pollution, but it probably wouldn't, anyway, if a female of this type had an egg, what came out could depend on which of the HMs, fly or surf you last used when you had it in your party, before you put it to day care. As Grimmer is Liquid, if you surfed last, its Grimmer, if you used fly, because you are in air, and Koffing is gas, its Koffing.

it would result in less Pokemon, though, and what is inside an egg is decided when it is formed, so the time of day would not matter at hatching point. forming, maybe, but it would just be too complicated and rather useless.

I know that up untill now, wht is in the egg is allready decided when it is handed to you, but when eevee evolves to Umbreon or Espeon, it depends what time of day it is when you train it. It could be, the developing dog in the egg would only the one of the three pokemon forms upon hatching.

Or the easy way, make it unable to breed.

For breeding, there could just be a basic for all or both of the stuff that evolves, make all the evos a stage one, and have them all become the same stage two.
    Reality. The mega-boredom.
    Trading ninjask for any Zangoose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast