Dragons that are not dragons? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragons that are not dragons?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Torterrius View Post
    And I feel giving Yanmega a Dragon-typing would be silly. It just seems too, well, basic to be given the typing like that. It belongs as a Bug/Flying-type. A Pokemon I do feel needs a Dragon-typing though, would be Aggron. It looks Dragon-y, and acts Dragon-y. Remove it's Rock-type, and make it Steel/Dragon.
    But Aggron's body is covered by rock armor. The Steel/Rock typing makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    The point I was making is that your rarity argument is flawed, not that Gyarados should be a Dragon type. Besides, you're contradicting yourself:

Must we go over this? Rarity does not determine their location; it is determined by how many there are in each gen. Excluding legendaries, Kanto had only one line, Johto had one, Hoenn had three, Sinnoh had one, and Unova had three. So far, three lines is the limit of dragon types for each gen.
    Dragon types are suppose to be rare and hard to find, not common and easy to get, so you can't randomly give other Pokemon dragon typings.
    Which one is it, they have to be hard to find or there has to be not many in the generation? You have to pick one and stick to it. If you pick "hard to find", explain the ones that were listed as easy. If you pick "less lines in the generation", explain how having 2 in Gen I would be too many lines. Either way that argument isn't really working out.
    It's both. They're suppose to be rare because they're suppose to be the most powerful Pokemon in the game, hence why there's few in numbers for each gen. It's also hard to find because you are required to use an HM to reach their location or a certain item to obtain them. Bagon, for example, will only be obtainable until you get Waterfall, and Kingdra's only obtainable until you have a Dragon Scale, a rare item that isn't so easy to get, to evolve your Seadra via trading.
    Again Swablu and Tripinch they are common and evolve into Dragons... and so Gen I would have 4 Dragons you make it sound like adding 2 extra would make them less rare... hell there are only 20 non-legendary Dragons... so technically even if Gyarados and Milotic would be Dragons they still would be the rarest type not counting legends at 22...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Again Swablu and Tripinch they are common and evolve into Dragons... and so Gen I would have 4 Dragons you make it sound like adding 2 extra would make them less rare... hell there are only 20 non-legendary Dragons... so technically even if Gyarados and Milotic would be Dragons they still would be the rarest type not counting legends at 22...
    Technically, there's only one dragon in Gen I because I'm counting families. For Swablu and Trapinch's case, Trapinch is only obtainable until you receive those goggles later on in the game, and Swablu is only available in two routes, so it barely made it as being rare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Technically, there's only one dragon in Gen I because I'm counting families. For Swablu and Trapinch's case, Trapinch is only obtainable until you receive those goggles later on in the game, and Swablu is only available in two routes, so it barely made it as being rare.
    But they aren't rare at all in those routes you can get Swablu before the 4th gym hell you have to go to the route where Swablu is before the 4th gym and you can get Trapich righ after you get the heat badge so thats pretty early in-game barly even half-way

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But they aren't rare at all in those routes you can get Swablu before the 4th gym hell you have to go to the route where Swablu is before the 4th gym and you can get Trapich righ after you get the heat badge so thats pretty early in-game barly even half-way
    It barely counts for Trapinch as you said because dragon types wouldn't become available until you're halfway through the game. Also, Swablu's a normal/flying type. It's two only location and the hard work to evolving into Altaria by lvl 35 shows its evolved form's rarity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It barely counts for Trapinch as you said because dragon types wouldn't become available until you're halfway through the game. Also, Swablu's a normal/flying type. It's two only location and the hard work to evolving into Altaria by lvl 35 shows its evolved form's rarity.
    bullshit you can get Swablu at level 25 in Route 115 so it can't be to hard to raise it 10 levels... and if how hard it is to raise a pokemon is counted you just made Gyarados very rare as Magikarp is extremly hard to raise and you can get Alteria and Flyon before you even get the Super-Rod in Hoenn plus Gyarados is only avable in Sootopolis... so yeah Alteria and Flygon are definitly easier to get

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

bullshit you can get Swablu at level 25 in Route 115 so it can't be to hard to raise it 10 levels... and if how hard it is to raise a pokemon is counted you just made Gyarados very rare as Magikarp is extremly hard to raise and you can get Alteria and Flyon before you even get the Super-Rod in Hoenn plus Gyarados is only avable in Sootopolis... so yeah Alteria and Flygon are definitly easier to get
    Does level grinding come in mind to determine the difficulty of raising it to lvl 35? Yeah, I thought so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does level grinding come in mind to determine the difficulty of raising it to lvl 35? Yeah, I thought so.
    Does level grinding detemrine the difficulty of raising a Magikarp to level 20? yeah still harder to raise a Magikarp then it is for you to raise a Swablu not only do you habe to level-grind it it's pathetic as well.... so your argument is pathetic

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Does level grinding detemrine the difficulty of raising a Magikarp to level 20? yeah still harder to raise a Magikarp then it is for you to raise a Swablu not only do you habe to level-grind it it's pathetic as well.... so your argument is pathetic
    But the difficulty of level grinding for your dragon to evolve gives you a vibe that you'll be highly rewarded once it's in its final form. I'm not gonna repeat myself regarding Magikarp and Gyarados.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But the difficulty of level grinding for your dragon to evolve gives you a vibe that you'll be highly rewarded once it's in its final form. I'm not gonna repeat myself regarding Magikarp and Gyarados.
    I'm sorry but it's way more satisfying for me to raise a Makicarp then it is to raise a Swablu since Swablu is easy to raise seriously Magikarp is one of the worst Pokemon ever. The whole point of Magikarp evolving into Gyarados is to reward you for having the patience to raise one to get Gyarados...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe if Magicarp evolved at level 30 or 40 then it being so easy to capture early and transforming into a Water/Dragon would be justified. Theres also the issue that Gyarados is very easy to find with a super rod. Even with a super rod Dratini/Dragonair in comparison are a pain to find.

So basically, they would of had to redo the entire Magicarp/Gyarados thing in terms of availability. Make Magicarp evolve a little later, and make Gyarados itself MUCH harder to locate. I still agree that Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, but its too easy to obtain and that would need to be dealt with.

Feebas is cool though. Very hard to find and Milotic itself requires work to achieve just like the other dragons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Maybe if Magicarp evolved at level 30 or 40 then it being so easy to capture early and transforming into a Water/Dragon would be justified. Theres also the issue that Gyarados is very easy to find with a super rod. Even with a super rod Dratini/Dragonair in comparison are a pain to find.

So basically, they would of had to redo the entire Magicarp/Gyarados thing in terms of availability. Make Magicarp evolve a little later, and make Gyarados itself MUCH harder to locate. I still agree that Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, but its too easy to obtain and that would need to be dealt with.

Feebas is cool though. Very hard to find and Milotic itself requires work to achieve just like the other dragons.
    Gyarados is hard to find though... you can't catch a wild Gyarados until after the E4 in Sinnoh and not until you reach Sootopolis in R/S/E and Magikarp sucks being stuck with it till level 30-40 is ridiculous it's hard enough to raise that piece of shit to level 20 as it is...

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gyarados is hard to find though... you can't catch a wild Gyarados until after the E4 in Sinnoh and not until you reach Sootopolis in R/S/E and Magikarp sucks being stuck with it till level 30-40 is ridiculous it's hard enough to raise that piece of shit to level 20 as it is...
    You want Gyarados to have a dragon typing after all, which means Magikarp's level to evolve would have to be raised first.

Post Thanks / Like

You do realize that you can find high level Magikarps, right, like beyond level 20? After that, it only takes one level, which isn't tough at all. In all honesty, with that aside, I found raising a Swablu and Trapinch more of a pain than a mere Magikarp because of them evolving at higher levels. Btw, do you seriously think getting a Magikarp to level 20 is tougher than getting a Trapinch to level 45?

I also liked the concept of Altaria, not that it's dragon typing was a necessity imo. Dragons don't have to be all "almighty badass" looking to be great, though; I think Altaria is fine.
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Credit for the map goes to this person: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I think that Tyranitar resembles a Dragon type quite a lot, as it has serpent like features and can learn both Outrage and Dragon Dance. I think it would have made an excellent Dragon/Rock type, but that's not to say that I don't like it's current type because it does make a great Dark type as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast