Dragons that are not dragons? - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 114
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Dragons that are not dragons?

  1. #31
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Serperior would still have an 4x Ice weakness that Samurott could exploit, and Fighting moves and Fire moves from Emboar would still hit him neutrally. So there would be no problem about balance. 75/75 offenses means hes pretty much in check when you consider in-game or storymode play.

    Problem is though Serperior is truly a serpent or a Snake. While Dragon would greatly help his coverage, I guess if they tried to pass him off as a Basilisk they could get away with it.

    @Articwolf10

    Yeah, I figured that Milotic could be passed as a Dragon. Since it is the counterpart to Gyarados, its only fair that they both be considered. They seem more dragonlike than Altaria anyways.
    4x's weak to ice but he's faster then just about every Ice Type... Plus He'd ger Draco-Metoer which compined with Contrary and Leaf-Storm it wouldn't be fun at all he'd rape rape his counterparts...

    but yeah never got why Alteria is part Dragon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  2. #32
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I dunno about Charizard to be honest. Hes a starter type, and the only ability that would work would be levitate. Though, due to pure nostalgia I would love it if he were a dragon type lol As he obviously is a dragon, but overall its not a big deal.

    Now Gyarados, I agree with others that he should be Dragon/Water. Hes based on the legend of a carp transforming into a dragon. The only reason that he isn't one is because it was probably viewed at the time to be overpower'd. Theres also the issue of how easy it is to obtain Magicarp, and later on Gyarados. Still, I don't know for the life of me why they didn't just make Gyarados a pure water type if they feared him being too overpower'd. That would had been enough imo because Flying/Water is too much of a weakness.

    Though the flying typing does allow him some cool switch ins on earthquake. (He is also still epically OU even as Water/Flying)

    How do people feel about his Hoenn counterpart Milotic? Milotic seems kinda dragon like to me in the same way that Dragonair is.
    Milotic should fefinitly be Water/Dragon as well shers proribly the best bulky Water type there and her Def stats afre great she'd be a pain to kill if she was part Dragon =) Yeah Gyara and Milo should be Dragons no reason they aren't... and the popel who say he would've been overpwoered in I... Gen I had no balence... Psychics were way overpowered
    How many times do I have to tell you, Psychics were overpowered by an accident. They didn't mean to do it.

  3. #33
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I dunno about Charizard to be honest. Hes a starter type, and the only ability that would work would be levitate. Though, due to pure nostalgia I would love it if he were a dragon type lol As he obviously is a dragon, but overall its not a big deal.

    Now Gyarados, I agree with others that he should be Dragon/Water. Hes based on the legend of a carp transforming into a dragon. The only reason that he isn't one is because it was probably viewed at the time to be overpower'd. Theres also the issue of how easy it is to obtain Magicarp, and later on Gyarados. Still, I don't know for the life of me why they didn't just make Gyarados a pure water type if they feared him being too overpower'd. That would had been enough imo because Flying/Water is too much of a weakness.

    Though the flying typing does allow him some cool switch ins on earthquake. (He is also still epically OU even as Water/Flying)

    How do people feel about his Hoenn counterpart Milotic? Milotic seems kinda dragon like to me in the same way that Dragonair is.
    Milotic should fefinitly be Water/Dragon as well shers proribly the best bulky Water type there and her Def stats afre great she'd be a pain to kill if she was part Dragon =) Yeah Gyara and Milo should be Dragons no reason they aren't... and the popel who say he would've been overpwoered in I... Gen I had no balence... Psychics were way overpowered
    How many times do I have to tell you, Psychics were overpowered by an accident. They didn't mean to do it.
    And I keep on telling you why do you try to put balence in Gen I when there was none... Water/Dragon still would not have been near as Over-powered as Psychics and his secondary STAB would be uselesss
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  4. #34
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    And I keep on telling you why do you try to put balence in Gen I when there was none... Water/Dragon still would not have been near as Over-powered as Psychics and his secondary STAB would be uselesss
    It's because they didn't know Gen I would as unbalanced as we see it now.

  5. #35
    Registered User Chriiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Serperior would still have an 4x Ice weakness that Samurott could exploit, and Fighting moves and Fire moves from Emboar would still hit him neutrally. So there would be no problem about balance. 75/75 offenses means hes pretty much in check when you consider in-game or storymode play.

    Problem is though Serperior is truly a serpent or a Snake. While Dragon would greatly help his coverage, I guess if they tried to pass him off as a Basilisk they could get away with it.

    @Articwolf10

    Yeah, I figured that Milotic could be passed as a Dragon. Since it is the counterpart to Gyarados, its only fair that they both be considered. They seem more dragonlike than Altaria anyways.
    4x's weak to ice but he's faster then just about every Ice Type... Plus He'd ger Draco-Metoer which compined with Contrary and Leaf-Storm it wouldn't be fun at all he'd rape rape his counterparts...

    but yeah never got why Alteria is part Dragon
    Just as you say Altaria doesn't look dragon or whatever(which is one of the reasons why you say they shouldn't have the typing), just because Gyarados looks like one doesn't mean he has to have the typing. Imo, I thought the Altaria concept was interesting. I do agree with how maybe Gyara should've been a pure water type at least though.

    We are at a point now with the games where tons of Pokemon have moves/sets that make almost no sense, so moves shouldn't really be taken into account so much either, imo.

    Also, going along with Ghet's 'rarity' statement about Dragons, I think that should've been enough to at least get Milotic dragon status, considering how much of a pain it is to catch Feebas in comparison with Magikarp, which are all over.
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?


    Credit for the map goes to this person: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922

  6. #36
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Serperior would still have an 4x Ice weakness that Samurott could exploit, and Fighting moves and Fire moves from Emboar would still hit him neutrally. So there would be no problem about balance. 75/75 offenses means hes pretty much in check when you consider in-game or storymode play.

    Problem is though Serperior is truly a serpent or a Snake. While Dragon would greatly help his coverage, I guess if they tried to pass him off as a Basilisk they could get away with it.

    @Articwolf10

    Yeah, I figured that Milotic could be passed as a Dragon. Since it is the counterpart to Gyarados, its only fair that they both be considered. They seem more dragonlike than Altaria anyways.
    4x's weak to ice but he's faster then just about every Ice Type... Plus He'd ger Draco-Metoer which compined with Contrary and Leaf-Storm it wouldn't be fun at all he'd rape rape his counterparts...

    but yeah never got why Alteria is part Dragon
    Just as you say Altaria doesn't look dragon or whatever(which is one of the reasons why you say they shouldn't have the typing), just because Gyarados looks like one doesn't mean he has to have the typing. Imo, I thought the Altaria concept was interesting. I do agree with how maybe Gyara should've been a pure water type at least though.

    We are at a point now with the games where tons of Pokemon have moves/sets that make almost no sense, so moves shouldn't really be taken into account so much either, imo.

    Also, going along with Ghet's 'rarity' statement about Dragons, I think that should've been enough to at least get Milotic dragon status, considering how much of a pain it is to catch Feebas in comparison with Magikarp, which are all over.
    Then Alteria definitly shouldn't be Dragon seeing how common Swablu is adding in that it doesn't look draconic at all... and only Dratini and Deino are actually hard to get... You can get Axew and Gible pretty early in-game and they aren't really hard to find either... Tripinch is very easy to find in the desert yet Flygon is a Dragon... and once you get Waterfall Bagon is easy to find...

    So Dragon's aren't exactly 'rare' per se as most are rather common in certian area's the only ones that would count as rare are as I said Dratini and Deino as both are annoying rare (damn you Safari Zone) to find...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  7. #37
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Then Alteria definitly shouldn't be Dragon seeing how common Swablu is adding in that it doesn't look draconic at all... and only Dratini and Deino are actually hard to get... You can get Axew and Gible pretty early in-game and they aren't really hard to find either... Tripinch is very easy to find in the desert yet Flygon is a Dragon... and once you get Waterfall Bagon is easy to find...

    So Dragon's aren't exactly 'rare' per se as most are rather common in certian area's the only ones that would count as rare are as I said Dratini and Deino as both are annoying rare (damn you Safari Zone) to find...
    Must we go over this? Rarity does not determine their location; it is determined by how many there are in each gen. Excluding legendaries, Kanto had only one line, Johto had one, Hoenn had three, Sinnoh had one, and Unova had three. So far, three lines is the limit of dragon types for each gen.

  8. #38
    Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Then Alteria definitly shouldn't be Dragon seeing how common Swablu is adding in that it doesn't look draconic at all... and only Dratini and Deino are actually hard to get... You can get Axew and Gible pretty early in-game and they aren't really hard to find either... Tripinch is very easy to find in the desert yet Flygon is a Dragon... and once you get Waterfall Bagon is easy to find...

    So Dragon's aren't exactly 'rare' per se as most are rather common in certian area's the only ones that would count as rare are as I said Dratini and Deino as both are annoying rare (damn you Safari Zone) to find...
    Must we go over this? Rarity does not determine their location; it is determined by how many there are in each gen. Excluding legendaries, Kanto had only one line, Johto had one, Hoenn had three, Sinnoh had one, and Unova had three. So far, three lines is the limit of dragon types for each gen.
    Well to be fair, if they made Gyarados a Dragon-type that wouldn't put them over the limit that they have right now, so I'm not sure that's a really great point.

    I wouldn't want Milotic as a Dragon type though...I'm not really sure why. It just doesn't fit well imo.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

  9. #39
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    Well to be fair, if they made Gyarados a Dragon-type that wouldn't put them over the limit that they have right now, so I'm not sure that's a really great point.
    It was already explained that Gyarados gaining a dragon typing back in Gen 1 would only make him overpowered considering that the useless move known as Dragon Rage was the only move available at that time. Now that it was expanded in Gen II, it was Gyarados's chance to ditch the flying type for dragon, but sadly, he didn't, so he's stuck being the retconn for water/flying tradition.

  10. #40
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Ad again the attempt at Balence was absutly pointless in the long run as balence didn't exist... I guess they wasted their time on maing sure Gyarados wasn't overpowered (and he wouldn't be honestly Mewtwo and Alakazam would probibly still have raped him) they forgot to balece everything else... an arguent of balece as I said several times is pointless as there was no balence because Psychics were game-breakers... on purpose or not stop using the he would've been overpowered as Psychics were way more broken then Water/Dragon Gyarados would ever be...

    And damn two more Dragons wouldn;'t make the Dragon type any less rare... it would still be the 2nd rarest type eitrher way
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  11. #41
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Ad again the attempt at Balence was absutly pointless in the long run as balence didn't exist... I guess they wasted their time on maing sure Gyarados wasn't overpowered (and he wouldn't be honestly Mewtwo and Alakazam would probibly still have raped him) they forgot to balece everything else... an arguent of balece as I said several times is pointless as there was no balence because Psychics were game-breakers... on purpose or not stop using the he would've been overpowered as Psychics were way more broken then Water/Dragon Gyarados would ever be...
    And Psychic types were game breakers by accident because of the glitch causing ghost moves to be unaffected to them.

    And damn two more Dragons wouldn;'t make the Dragon type any less rare... it would still be the 2nd rarest type eitrher way
    Second? Then who's #1?

  12. #42
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,102
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    I've always thought that Charizard and Gyarados should be part Dragon type. But, I only think that they need to have them if (and that's a big if) they ever introduce triple types. Charizard would be Fire/Flying/Dragon, Gyarados would be Water/Flying/Dragon, and, while I'm at it, throw in Flygon (Dragon/Ground/Flying) and Hydreigon (Dragon/Dark/Flying) and give them better abilities. I'm sure that there are others that deserve other types, but where I'm going is a bit off topic, so I'll shut up now...

  13. #43
    Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    The point I was making is that your rarity argument is flawed, not that Gyarados should be a Dragon type. Besides, you're contradicting yourself:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Must we go over this? Rarity does not determine their location; it is determined by how many there are in each gen. Excluding legendaries, Kanto had only one line, Johto had one, Hoenn had three, Sinnoh had one, and Unova had three. So far, three lines is the limit of dragon types for each gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Dragon types are suppose to be rare and hard to find, not common and easy to get, so you can't randomly give other Pokemon dragon typings.
    Which one is it, they have to be hard to find or there has to be not many in the generation? You have to pick one and stick to it. If you pick "hard to find", explain the ones that were listed as easy. If you pick "less lines in the generation", explain how having 2 in Gen I would be too many lines. Either way that argument isn't really working out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Second? Then who's #1?
    There are 27 Ghost-types and 29 Dragon-types.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

  14. #44
    The Hurt Incarnate Data-Roxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

    Then Alteria definitly shouldn't be Dragon seeing how common Swablu is adding in that it doesn't look draconic at all... and only Dratini and Deino are actually hard to get... You can get Axew and Gible pretty early in-game and they aren't really hard to find either... Tripinch is very easy to find in the desert yet Flygon is a Dragon... and once you get Waterfall Bagon is easy to find...

    So Dragon's aren't exactly 'rare' per se as most are rather common in certian area's the only ones that would count as rare are as I said Dratini and Deino as both are annoying rare (damn you Safari Zone) to find...
    Dispute. Just because you know where to find it DOES not make it easy to find. It's still a pain in the butt to catch a bagon, because of it's low appearance rate.

  15. #45
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Dragons that are not dragons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    The point I was making is that your rarity argument is flawed, not that Gyarados should be a Dragon type. Besides, you're contradicting yourself:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Must we go over this? Rarity does not determine their location; it is determined by how many there are in each gen. Excluding legendaries, Kanto had only one line, Johto had one, Hoenn had three, Sinnoh had one, and Unova had three. So far, three lines is the limit of dragon types for each gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Dragon types are suppose to be rare and hard to find, not common and easy to get, so you can't randomly give other Pokemon dragon typings.
    Which one is it, they have to be hard to find or there has to be not many in the generation? You have to pick one and stick to it. If you pick "hard to find", explain the ones that were listed as easy. If you pick "less lines in the generation", explain how having 2 in Gen I would be too many lines. Either way that argument isn't really working out.
    It's both. They're suppose to be rare because they're suppose to be the most powerful Pokemon in the game, hence why there's few in numbers for each gen. It's also hard to find because you are required to use an HM to reach their location or a certain item to obtain them. Bagon, for example, will only be obtainable until you get Waterfall, and Kingdra's only obtainable until you have a Dragon Scale, a rare item that isn't so easy to get, to evolve your Seadra via trading.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •