Is Dragonite still cool to you? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Default Re: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Quote Originally Posted by GameCubeController View Post

I always thought that Dragonite was this awesome looking and epic dragon. But recently I realized that it's kind of lame. I mean come on, it looks like it has noodles on its head, and it's horn is wimpy. The worst part is the wings; they're so small. At least Charizard's wings are half of a realistic flying size.

I'll always love dragonite, but I can't help thinking about this. I know that a lot of pokemon are supposed to be cartoony, but dragonite shouldn't be so. My thoughts are that he'll always be a classic epic pokemon, but the childish design takes away from it a little, you know?

Do you still think dragonite is cool? I say yes.
    I agree. Dragonite is kinda mostly cute-looking to me. But he's cool, I guess. The wings are really small, and now that you mentioned it, the antenae (or what ever they are) on his head do look like noodles.

This is kinda off-topic but, personally, I think he shouldn't be the final evolution after Dragonair. Dratini and Dragonair are beautifully elegant snake-like dragon types. They're pretty, blue, and cool. I like them alot. And then you see Dragonite. The name is like its previous evolutions, but the resemblance stops there. I mean, he looks completly different from the others. I was expecting another blue-colored, elegant-looking, snake-shaped Pokemon. Weren't you?

But overall, I guess Dragonite is ok.

I like Dragonite, however I will always be a Garchomp fan. But I still like Dragonite, because it took the stereotype of all-dragons-being-scary and made Dragonite a kind dragon that is still tough.

When I use Dragonite competively, I use it for Ice Beam or Extremespeed purposes.

EDIT: Also, Dragonite's the only competitive Pokemon I use.
    Last edited by PD83; 24th August 2012 at 05:13 AM.

I always have and still do like Dragonite. I think the main reason I think he's one of the cooler Pokemon is because he isn't what you expect when you hear "Dragon". I mean it would have been really easy for them to just make a generic, basic/boring Dragon Pokemon that looks like everyone's basic definition of a Dragon. But they didn't, they made something different and I think that's why he seems cool to me.

Blog Entries

Being my favorite Gen I and only Gen I pokemon I'd use, yes. I do think Dragonite is cool, and super strong to match.

Yes, Dragonite have always been awesome.

I think he is still great! I hate to say that I am more of a Salamence fan, but Dragonite is still in a league of his own.

Under partial construction. Collecting what I like.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Spoiled for language (so don't complain if you click) and size, but this is pretty much my answer.

Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Of course i still think Dragonite is cool there's so much nostalgia there its hurts lol and as far as it not looking threatning, i always saw Dragonite more as a guardian type, then a stereotypical dragon. Not to mention that as a kid see'ing the dragonite the orange island champ had, wreck ash's team added to its mystique as being a powerful pokemon.

I never really like Dragonite except for his appearance in the Bill episode (as the giant unidentified dragon).

Follow Totzy On Twitter

Dragonite always was and always will be one of my favorites. He's kinda like a Rottweiler. He's got that happy cuddly butt-wiggling Rottweiler look but when you mess with him he's a force to be reckoned with.

Dragonite is THE classic dragon. The first fully evolved one. But other than that, it's just a chubby belly with wings. And it's orange. I can't really take an orange dragon very serious.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567