Is Dragonite still cool to you? - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

The word 'majesty/majestic' has been used a lot here and I think that's spot on. In the real early episodes of the anime Dragonite is portrayed as a mysterious, epic hero of the Pokemon world and for me that view of it has stuck. I can't remember the name of the episode but it's from one of the first 2 seasons I'm sure and there's that scene with just a silhouette of Dragonite flying really low over the water... If anyone's seen that they'll know what I'm talking about. The only other Dragon-type that has come close to Dragonite in terms of overall appeal (in my opinion) is Hydreigon. I really like Deino and Zweilous (sorry for any spelling mistakes) but then when my Zweilous evolved I was a little disappointed with Hydreigons appearance.

I like Dragonite and how's it cute yet can still kick your ass(I'll take it over Salamence and Garchomp any day). I love the idea of pokemon like that and I always have at least one on my team. I just don't like how it evolves from the elegant Dragonair(I thought they were separate pokemon at first) and how you get it so late in the game(could never squeeze one into my team and dragon type in general are a pain to level up).

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

I think it's more cute-looking, but yeah. It's the original Dragon-type, after all (and even then we need more cute Dragon-types)! Anyone who thinks the disconnect between Dragonair and Dragonite is too big should take a look at Shellgon.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

At about Gen IV I thought Dragonite was inferior to its scarier cousin Salamence, but with Gen V giving it Multiscale I have to admit that the original dragon is looking pretty cool now...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't know if I ever saw Dragonite as cool. It's definitely cute and strong Pokemon, but I don't think that the design every screamed cool to me. I still think that it's cute and I've had fun raising one in my previous teams, but with other Dragon types like Salamence, Garchomp and Hydreigon out there, I don't think it stands out that much. It's still pretty strong though. I may consider raising one again for my White 2 team because I need a strong Flying type for my team.

Yes,as always.

Dragonite will Always be cool to me!!! no matter what! the original Dragon, this is the dude that helped get all the other dragons like Salamence, Rayquaza and Flygon. Sure Charizard is pretty much an unofficial Dragon, Dragonite is the first. He can whoop ass when he needs to and be a cuddling pokemon for the ladies, just like me :P

Dragonite forever!!

Blog Entries

Definitely, though not quite in the same way. When I was younger, I always thought of Dragonite as a badass Dragon-Type. Now, I think of it only as a really cute dino-thing who can rip your head off. As for majesty, I have to say that its pre-evolution Dragonair is more so.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

mmm... mostly. I still like it very much to the point of always having one in my old red version team. I still think it is one of the dragons I'd more likely use.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

his rebelness in a certian few new pokemon episodes made him cool once again in my book.

Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

Honestly, I disliked Dragonite because of his popularity, not because of his childish and chubby design.

I mean, but Dragonite's fans aren't that bad as Charizard fans.

Honestly, I like Dragonite because it has a decent movepool.

I prefer Dratini and Dragonair.

(Also, how does a giant serpent gets legs arms and loses blue color?)
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I'll always love Dragonite. I always thought it was so funny that these majestic-looking dragon Pokemon like Dratini and Dragonair ended up evolving into this cartoonish, Barney-looking dinosaur thing.

As others have said, way better than the more traditionally fierce-looking dragon Pokemon of later generations.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Dragonite was never not cool. A strong Pokemon does not need to look 'lol so dark and edgy'. Not only is he extraordinarily powerful, he also looks quite gentle, but at the same time, he's quite beefy, which isn't just for show.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Blog Entries

I never liked Dragonite. It's just odd and boring to me.
    To be fair, this is mostly because I'm one of those that hates how the graceful Dragonair turns into...that goofy thing.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So recently I found out that the line seems to draw inspiration from a legend of Korean dragons.

Legend goes that lesser, serpent-like dragons known as Imugi would become true dragons, called Yong or Mireu, if it caught an special jewel from heaven.

Though that makes me wonder why then, Dragonair doesn't actually evolve with said Dragon Orb like an stone evolution. It is something they could've gotten away with in the first generation, letting you evolve the rare dragon type with an special item only.

Still, knowing its particular inspiration, I can only see Dragonite now as awesome and making much more sense.

[/overexposition]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast