Is Dragonite still cool to you? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Follow Ekachu on Tumblr

Default Re: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

I never liked Dragonite.
    My brothers and I always called Dragonite a 'wannabe Charizard'.

I just feel like there's too much of a disconnect between Dragonair and Dragonite. Dratini and Dragonair are so elegant and majestic, and Dragonite is so... neither of those things. :/

Not really. I think it's cute, not cool. Especially when compared to Garchomp, which just looks waaaaay too badass, and it's way stronger than Dragonite, too, so no competition.

I never really liked Dragonite from a long time ago. I think it's from the way they look or that I had a bad experience battling them in the games. However, I didn't like Drake's and I didn't like Lance's. I just never liked them. I liked Dratini and Dragonair because they looked more royal and magestic so maybe that's why.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Yeah, he is still one of the cool Pokemon. If I have to say something, Garchomp doesn't really appeal to me.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries

I remember kicking Cynthia's butt with a Dragon Dance Dragonite. I don't think he's my favorite Pseudo legendary, but I do like him a lot.

But yeah, if he looked more like an evolved form of Dragonair, he would be the boss, only after Gengar. XD

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course, Dragonite is cool brcause Bitches love Dragonite!! (Search the vid over yt if you don't get what I am saying)

Dragonite is the kind, awesome dragon who cracks skulls. He is your best pal but comes out on top when you need him to. He sort of epitomizes the franchise in my eyes. He is cute and powerful, like what everyone want most Pokemon to be. If that isn't cool, then I don't know what is. A Pokemon with sunglasses or something stupid like that?

What is the point of complaining about D-nite looking different from its pre-evos? Kids look different from adults. There are many more evo which are more stupid. D-nite would look terrible in a sleek design. It is its chubbiness which makes him look awesome and a fan fave!
    Saiga and Grass Type Warrior like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

Dragonite was never cool to me. :<

I agree with previous sentiments over the evolution line, you get dratini and dragonair and how they look and then dragonite just comes completely out of the left field. Maybe if it's evo line sorta led up to it, or it resembled its previous evos more, mayne I'd like more, but for now, my dragonair will stay just that, a dragonair. Besides a name like Lady Ada is not befitting for a dragonite.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

It's not as good as everyone makes out at all, I prefer other Pokémon. I never really thought of Dragonite as "cool" either.

My opinion has now changed it looks rather goofy and cartoonish compared to majestic dragonair in fact i thought it was a seperate pokemon in R/B.Compared to the likes of actually beastly dragons like salamence,haxorus and garchomp it looks very stupid,However its cool in battles because of its beastly stats and the way Iris Dragonite is portrayed is how i wish they were portrayed as vicious fire breathing reptiles not docile goofy dragons

Blog Entries

I did like Dragonite but sometimes it seems a bit odd, Dragonair looks better to be honest, with it's elegance and beauty. I don't mind it though, although let me tell you it took me years before I realized the big beast in the Lighthouse episode Season 1 (Where Ash catches Krabby, I forgot the name of it though). was a Dragonite! XD

I think I even tried comparing it to other Pokemon and couldn't figure it out, this was Kanto though so 151 I wasn't sure. It was because of the damn size, finally I realized hey, Dragonite is that huge shadowy beast! (So yes Ash, you did meet that Pokemon. Several times. You destroyed it against Drake, and you saw Lance commanding it, and I will not mention that other one).

Of course it also took me a while after Johto to figure out the big flying bird in the first episode of Pokemon and others, was Ho-Oh! (I thought it was like Articuno or something when Ash first told Oak about it and we saw the bird legends on a tablet). And then I thought it was a sparkling Fearow XD.

But the point is, sometimes I like Dragonite, sometimes I don't. It does look a bit bland compared to others, even Salamence looks more interesting (By not so much though).
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Dragonite was never cool to me. Considering how disappointing it was after all the time I had been enchanted by Dragonair's beautiful form and had been expecting a really really beautiful dragon...

hi

Gezz, what's up with all the hate on Dragonite?

There aren't any really good arguments for all the dislike. So what if they're not fierce looking like Salamence or elegant like Dragonair. They are who they are and not any other Pokemon. They are fierce and elegant but in their own way.
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 31st July 2012 at 06:14 AM.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

He looks a bit dopey in comparison to Garchomp, but I still think he's cool. And he is still a great contender when battling.
    maglev is invisible

the first pseudolegendary, it is from Gen 1 so if the new others killing machines are cool or brutal is because the drawers improved from Gen 1, Dragonite is cute, but I can't understand why Dragonite can Fly, its wings are ridiculously small XD Even Clefable would have moar chances to fly using its wings XD Anyway, I've never liked Dragon-types (so supercharged and overestimated)

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Of course! Dragonite was the original big Dragon-type Pokemon, so I've always liked it. A lot of people say it looks too goofy, which it does when compared to other Dragons like Garchomp and Haxorus. But the anime has soon Dragonite to be extremely powerful (Remember the hype around the Orange Island Leader Drake's Dragonite?) and a wild Dragonite went totally nuts because of Team Rocket (I think) in Johto from something to do with the Dragon's Den, similar to what apparently happened to Iris' Dragonite.

I've always liked Dragonite, used 1 on my FireRed team and the Extremespeed one on a team From SoulSilver. It's a good Pokemon in my book.

(Though, I guess I can understand why people wish Dragonair had another evolution besides just Dragonite, but I don't really mind it myself.)
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast