Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

Registered User GameCubeController's Avatar

Default Is Dragonite still cool to you?

I always thought that Dragonite was this awesome looking and epic dragon. But recently I realized that it's kind of lame. I mean come on, it looks like it has noodles on its head, and it's horn is wimpy. The worst part is the wings; they're so small. At least Charizard's wings are half of a realistic flying size.

I'll always love dragonite, but I can't help thinking about this. I know that a lot of pokemon are supposed to be cartoony, but dragonite shouldn't be so. My thoughts are that he'll always be a classic epic pokemon, but the childish design takes away from it a little, you know?

Do you still think dragonite is cool? I say yes.
    crystallineEntropy likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Is Dragonite still cool to you?

I feel that Dragonite doesn't seem to be a truly "cool" Pokémon- it's more on the cute side, but it still has a sense of majesty for me.

Yes. It has always been the nice,friendly dragon that can rip off your head if it gets angry.

Blog Entries

He reminds me of Barney except for the pedophile and he looks cool-cute.

Impossible Spell Card Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Dragonite was, and still is the original Dragon Pokemon to me. Before Game Freak started cranking out Dragons left and right, he was one of the more badass Pokemon to me. Cute and lovable, sure. But I think seeing it use Outrage in the anime near the end of the Johto series cemented that it is also very dangerous if provoked. One of the first real "monsters" in the series.
    He only got better with each Generation; now finally being competitively separate from his fan-boy loved nemesis Salamence thanks to Multiscale. (Not that I hate Salamence of course, I just have preferences) Unlike Salamence, he also gets the Elemental PUNCHES and not the Elemental FANGS. (Comparing the two... the punches have 75 base power, 100 accuracy, and an added effect. The fangs have 65 base power, 95 accuracy, an added effect, and a flinch rate. While Salamence may have a chance to use the flinch rate of these moves, it generally has better options to run.)
    Overall, there's a lot to like about him. I'm just proud to say that I liked him BEFORE he got Multiscale in Gen V.

Blog Entries

Never really liked him as he was just another Dragon Pokemon to me. I still don't understand why it loses Dragonair's blue coloring when it evolves from it though.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I never actually knew Dragonite exists originally, to be honest. I thought the original dragon was Dragonair, so I never had much of an impression on Dragonite as much as Dragonair. That said, because Dragon is not my favourite type, I don't consider Dragonite "cool" anyway.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Dragonite was never that "cool" for me, as it had too much of a derpy look. It could definitely be very powerful, but I never viewed it as "cool." It's not bad, but it's not that great for me, imo. Looks like a character from Dragon Tales.

I did like Dragonair, though. Very pretty and majestic like. And Dratini was adorable.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Dragonite was never that cool to begin with. While I love his movepool, his design is rather odd for a dragon. Aren't his kind suppose to be majestic/menacing?

Blog Entries

Dragonite is more adorable then cool I think but he is retty badass... but just to cute to be sary (Which makes me wonder why Joltik has uunerve... it's way to adorable to be unverving_
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

The Curious Lord of Time Thanatos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raizhu View Post
    I feel that Dragonite doesn't seem to be a truly "cool" Pokémon- it's more on the cute side, but it still has a sense of majesty for me.
    This. Plus I love the skeleton in Lenora's Gym-epicness.

BUT