Dragon/Fighter type: Good idea or...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dragon/Fighter type: Good idea or...

追放されたバカ

Default Dragon/Fighter type: Good idea or...

If gen 6 introduce a duel dragon/fighting pokemon would it's typing be top tier or low tier and what weakness would it gain/loss?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dragon/Fighter type: Good idea or...

It would lose no weaknesses. Instead it would be weak to Ice, Dragon, Psychic, and Flying, which isn't actually so bad.

As for whether it would be a top or bottom tier, that really depends on its stats, movepool, abilities, and the metagame surrounding it. But offensively, it should be able to hit just about anything at least neutrally with its STABs (provided a Ghost/Steel isn't created.)
    The Outrage likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

That's actually and interesting concept...although it has four weaknesses...wouldn't recommend it.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    That's actually and interesting concept...although it has four weaknesses...wouldn't recommend it.
    Grass and Rock both have five weaknesses each and they get along just fine. Also, Hydreigon has four weaknesses and its OU. Lati@s have five.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

That sounds interesting. I like the idea.

Saybele has no weaknesses and yet.... XDD

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The problem is finding which dragon fits the dual type. Given that Fighting types are usually not that fast and the dual type grants it four weaknesses, it may as well be Borderline, unless it's given a useful ability. Whether it's a bulky Pokemon or a lightning bruiser also depends on its tier section.

I don't know if talking about Fakemons is off-topic, but I'll risk it. 8U; I have a Fakemon that is a version-exclusive pseudo-legendary that's Dragon/Fighting. Here's a basic rundown of the idea I had in mind:

Name: (none yet, trying to come up with something clever)
    Design Basis: eastern dragons, like Gyarados, only with legs, arms, and wings.
    Ability: Levitate

It would be a 3-stage Pokemon, with a 8-1 female-to-male gender ratio.
    First stage evolves at level 35, second stage evolves at level 59.

Stats At Level 100 (maxed EVs/IVs and supporting nature)
    HP: 304
    ATK: 407
    DEF: 125
    Sp ATK: 325
    Sp DEF: 125
    SPD: 300
    (definitely will be tweaked, these are beta stats, since I still can't figure out how Base Stats work. 8U Math is my major weakness)

Moveset
    Start: Tackle
    Start: Mach Punch
    Level 5: Karate Chop
    Level 19: Dual Chop
    Level 23: Dragonbreath
    Level 31: Vital Throw
    Level 49: Dragon Claw
    Level 50: Roar
    Level 57: Dragon Dance
    Level 63: Aura Sphere
    Level 67: Dragon Pulse
    Level 70: Dragon Rush
    Level 74: Close Combat
    Level 79: Fire/Ice/Thunder Fang
    Level 82: Agility
    Level 85: Cross Chop

Yeah, that's basically it. 8U Not sure how well my Dragon/Fighting would do. If GAME FREAK made a Dragon/Fighting Pokemon, it would definitely be better than this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    The problem is finding which dragon fits the dual type. Given that Fighting types are usually not that fast and the dual type grants it four weaknesses, it may as well be Borderline, unless it's given a useful ability. Whether it's a bulky Pokemon or a lightning bruiser also depends on its tier section.
    Hydreigon has 4 weakness (Fighting, Dragon, Ice, and Bug) He's perfectly OU... Volcarona has 3 (Flying Rock (which he is 4x's weak against) and Water) Latios and Latias have 5 (Bug, Ghost, Ice, Dragon and Dark) Celebi has 7 (Flying, Poison, Bug (4x's) Ghost, Fire Ice and Dark) and they are all solidly OU... the amount of weakness having nothing to do with a Pokemon being in OU or not... hell Abomasnow is OU also... though mostly because of Snow Warning... it's more down to ability and movepool... the only reason Kyurem wasn't in OU was because of his lacking move-poll (which is largely rectified now thanks to Move-Tudors)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Hydreigon has 4 weakness (Fighting, Dragon, Ice, and Bug) He's perfectly OU... Volcarona has 3 (Flying Rock (which he is 4x's weak against) and Water) Latios and Latias have 5 (Bug, Ghost, Ice, Dragon and Dark) Celebi has 7 (Flying, Poison, Bug (4x's) Ghost, Fire Ice and Dark) and they are all solidly OU... the amount of weakness having nothing to do with a Pokemon being in OU or not... hell Abomasnow is OU also... though mostly because of Snow Warning... it's more down to ability and movepool... the only reason Kyurem wasn't in OU was because of his lacking move-poll (which is largely rectified now thanks to Move-Tudors)
    Keep in in mind that the Pokemon you've listed are only OU because of their bulky/lightning bruiser status, and Abomasnow is only OU because of perma-weather effects being one of the dominant traits in the current metagame, so my point still stands about the Dragon/Fighting being one of those archetypes to be OU, along with a useful ability like Poison Heal.

Blog Entries

Keep in in mind that the Pokemon you've listed are only OU because of their bulky/lightning bruiser status, and Abomasnow is only OU because of perma-weather effects being one of the dominant traits in the current metagame, so my point still stands about the Dragon/Fighting being one of those archetypes to be OU, along with a useful ability like Poison Heal.
    Not really... Dragon/Fighting is an amazing offensive combo which hits pretty much everything with neutral coverage (unless we get a Steel/Ghost Pokemon) and I can bet you he'd have a high attack stat and possibly be pretty bulky plus his 4 weakness wouldn't be much issue His Dragon STAB would take out other dragons and Ice is weak against Fighting so... only Flying and Psychic are really issues... not to mention Fighting/Dragon would give him 7 resistances and the ability to hit 6 types for SE damage... so 6 types that are weak to the combo 7 resistances and only 4 weakness two of which are weak against his own STAB anyway and the ability to hit everything with at least neutral coverage sounds like a perfectly viable type in OU

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I imagine its base stats to be something like this:

HP: 70
    Attk: 130
    Def:85
    SpA: 35
    SpD: 75
    Spe: 80

Blog Entries

I imagine its base stats to be something like this:

Attk: 130
    Def:85
    SpA: 35
    SpD: 75
    I say his BST would be a bit higher then that I would say at least 500

Atk: 130
    Def: 85
    SpA: 50
    SDef: 85

So passible bulk decent speed and amazing attack... with a good move-pool and decent ability he'd definitly be in OU (plus look at Breloom his BST ia nothing to sniff at (460) has 5 weakness 1 of them being a 4x weakness (Flying) yet he's one of the best Pokemon in the game because he has two abilities that are perfect for him (Poison Heal and Technician) and the perfect move-pool to abuse them... so he shows all you need is a good ability and move-pool to be a high-tier threat

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I say his BST would be a bit higher then that I would say at least 500

Atk: 130
    Def: 85
    SpA: 50
    SDef: 85

So passible bulk decent speed and amazing attack... with a good move-pool and decent ability he'd definitly be in OU (plus look at Breloom his BST ia nothing to sniff at (460) has 5 weakness 1 of them being a 4x weakness (Flying) yet he's one of the best Pokemon in the game because he has two abilities that are perfect for him (Poison Heal and Technician) and the perfect move-pool to abuse them... so he shows all you need is a good ability and move-pool to be a high-tier threat
    Or it's because there are less Flying types in OU due to Stealth Rock resulting in Fighting types to run loose. Though it's true that Poison Heal and Technician give Breloom the power, along with Spore. This conversation we're having made me realize that it's a no brainer the Dragon/Fighting type will be OU, but the presence of power creepers such as Conkeldurr and Cloyster worry me.

The idea of this gives me the imagery of a Machoke with a Garchomp head...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTitan837 View Post
    The idea of this gives me the imagery of a Machoke with a Garchomp head...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast