Does Ash age? - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does Ash age?

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

But the thing is, she doesn't seem to use make up at all.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

The idea about age-hiding makeup, is to look natural, isn't it?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's obvious that Delia found the secret for eternal youth. Oak doesn't look any older now either.

I do think Ash ages, because his friends (Misty/Brock) also look much older now than they did in the beginning of the series. Ash, Misty, and Brock all look older, it's not just Ash.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Misty looks older, but I think Brock almost looks younger. That's probably because of his attire, though.

Ash-He ages, it's just that it's veeeeery slow.
    Misty-She looks older, but it might just be her new outfit(s).
    Brock-Hmm...I'm not sure, really. It doesn't help that he does so little that I rarely find myself paying a whole lot of attention to him(thus making it harder to notice changes in his appearance)
    May-She's grown mentally, but she still seems 10(or 11, or 12...man, she reached purberty early.) physically.
    Max-He still seems like a six-year-old.
    Delia-She has obviously discovered the Fountain of Youth. I suspect that she spent all her free time making a secret tunnel underneath her house, into the cave where the Fountain is. How else do you explain the fact that she seems to be getting younger?
    Oak-...I don't know. He seems slightly younger, but that might just be due to the animation changes...or maybe Delia lets him use the Fountain of Youth too :D
    Jessie-I think she looks slightly older, but I'm not sure.
    James-Same as Jessie.
    Tracey- He looks slightly older

We need comparison pics of all the main(and semi-main characters), I think...

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Barb
    And, at any rate, he seems far more self-confident going into battles now than he did in Kanto or Orange. That is one sign that he's growing up.
    He has certainly grown up mentally, but that is due to his travelling, rather than getting older in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    Misty-She looks older, but it might just be her new outfit(s).
    No, it is the animation style. It is at the point when the style changes for her third housou, and for that episode she still has her old outfit.

The quickest growth in the real world is in really young children, which is why I think the twins are still the best way to answer this question.

As for May and Delia, they probably have just got some weird genes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FabuFinny
    As for May and Delia, they probably have just got some weird genes!
    Me wants them genes >=O

I don't care much for the age specualtion anymore. All with the "Oh, but he got broader shoulders!" , "Well, she got bigger boobies!" "He's taller!" , "He gots a tan!11"
    So I'm just following my own little eety beety nitpicking, so whenever Ash does something different from what I expected, or looks different from what I expected then he's grown, therefore must've aged, therefore TEH SEX!
    =3

Since otherwise, anyone could say that Ash's personality had changed due to all of his experience from his journey, and also with all the training and travelling has resulted in a more muscular toned body etc etc.

So yeah, in my little fantasy world, Ash is agin, and not just slowly, but differently >=D

Blog Entries

He gots a tan!11
    What's a tan have to do with age? Either
    Ash just uses lotion
    The animation style changed in Houen
    Houen's like a hotter country hence the sun could be stronger.
    But if you're just doing the general character assumptions, I apologize for bi***ing

IMO, the characters DONT age like Pokemon.com views it. It makes things less complicated plus it's probably what's right. I dont care if May's breasts are twice the size of Prima's (which is kind of bad anyway) May's still ten, Ash's still ten, Jessie's still her age and James is still his age. I wish everyone would leave that stuff in their fanfics.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The problem with saying that Ash is still 10 is that it makes him the same age as May.

Are we to believe that all of Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto take place in less than a year?

It's obvious that the writers imply the fact that Ash is older than May, so if Ash is still 10, that means he's the same age as May, which doesn't make sense.

Blog Entries

re we to believe that all of Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto take place in less than a year?
    well the anime doesn't make sense already. Besides maybe it's not the age but the experience that makes Ash seem older. And of course Ash's older than May, he turned ten long before May did.
    Let's just say that while the years go on, the characters stay the same age but gain wisdom mentally

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair
    What's a tan have to do with age? Either
    Ash just uses lotion
    The animation style changed in Houen
    Houen's like a hotter country hence the sun could be stronger.
    But if you're just doing the general character assumptions, I apologize for bi***ing
    Actually, I was just poking fun at the many reasons I've heard of these so called "proofs" that Ash ages.
    Hence why I wrote the tan part in a n00bish way XD
    But it's okay you reasoned with it. Because they're all better than that tan excuse XD

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Clair
    Ash just uses lotion
    Shippy proof XD (Don't ask! XD)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ash
    Shippy proof XD (Don't ask! XD)
    Tsk tsk Toto.
    You and your obsession with that shipping, where lotions are just what makes your lower body explode. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy
    Tsk tsk Toto.
    You and your obsession with that shipping, where lotions are just what makes your lower body explode. XD
    XD! Look who is talking.

Unregistered

Didn't the Japanese website say that Ash and May were the same age?

If Ash was age at the beginning of the series and May is ten at least 3 canon years later, then the only logical conclusion then is that Ash doesn't age.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast