Do you think Lucario is overrated? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you think Lucario is overrated?

Registered User StrikingMidfield's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think Lucario is overrated?

I like Lucario. I don't really think that it was overrated at all. Good movepool and a very good Pokemon for fighting. Also the movie was really popular(I liked it). Sure Gamefreak did put it in almost everything, but one can hardly blame them. That's like if you own a grocery store and you're most popular item is Coca-Cola. It would make sense to put it in several different areas around the store and to put up advertisements saying where it is in the store because it sells so well. That's pretty much what they did with Lucario.

Well, a lot of the 4th generation of Pokemon were nothing special to begin with. Lucario was a breath of fresh air amongst the sea of mediocre designs. I can understand people liking his design, I mean, a fighting-type blue jackal? Pretty cool. :) I wish they made his shiny form look better. I think that yellow color is really ugly.

As for seeing him in a competitive standpoint, I didn't see too many people using him over wi-fi except little kids who probably idolized his design. Competitors were more likely to use Garchomp, Togekiss, Empoleon, and Hippowdon. Still, in the right hands, Lucario can be a great addition to any team.

He has a good design and great potential, but he isn't invulnerable. Still, because of his potential, I can say his popularity is well-deserved. Yeah, his very own movie and his addition in SSBB was a little too much, but he has enough charm where I can overlook that.
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

I love Lucario -if u can't tell by my username-. I think in ways he really does deserve the spotlight...

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

For me, I find Lucario's appearance ugly and unappealing so I think he is overrated in that aspect.

Lucario is overrated. I seriously don't think he would be nearly as popular if they didn't hype him up with the movie and then with Brawl.
    In the games, I don't know... haven't used him. Design-wise he's alright but I'm not really a fan. Overall he's not even on my list of favorites.

Blog Entries

I don't. I mean, yes, it is very popular. But look:

- It has a nice design
    - It IS strong
    - It is based on a dog-like creature (jackal) and people usually love dog-like things.

Lucario isn't even close to be one of my favorite Pokémon, but I can understand why it is popular. Really. Anyway, you know what is overrated? Charizard and lot of Generation I/II Pokémon. These are relatively popular only because some people can't get over they "happy childhood" memrories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Overexporsed? Definitely. Lucario is a pretty cool Pokemon in concept, but Game Freak kept promoting the living hell out of it, so I got tired of seeing its face everywhere. Now I can't stand the Pokemon, and it isn't even really its fault.
    And now it's back in Black 2 and White 2, although now I think Riolu is getting more attention too.

I only get Lucario for the Pokedex. It's okay, but it is a bit overexposed.

Sometimes Nintendo goes out of their way to promote a Pokemon. During Generation III, Plusle and Minun received so much exposure it got ridiculous. I got sick of them quickly, and because of their overexposure they are pretty hated by many of the fans. After Generation III, the two were pretty much forgotten. Piplup was the same way. It virtually became a Pikachu 2. Of course, I still liked Piplup in the games, but in the anime it got annoying. But Dawn's Piplup is the one that is hated, since it got so much screen time and Dawn won't let it evolve. Fans still like Piplup as a whole, though.
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Lucario could appear in less games, and make room for Jigglypuff and Eevee due to my liking them better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny View Post
    Lucario could appear in less games, and make room for Jigglypuff and Eevee due to my liking them better.
    Eevee and Riolu are in the same game so... but yeah I really like Lucario (he's partially base off of Anubis that is pretty badass) and he's definitly on my B2/W2 team along with Arcanine (I still think those two are way to powerful to be gotten so early though...) is it a bit overrated? yeah but he is still an all around fantastic pokemon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Still, less is good. I just wanna see one game he doesn't appear in that I've heard of.

I do like Lucario, but in terms of popularity, I do think it's overrated. There are alot cooler pokemon.

I think overrated is a strong word. I admit that they hyped him up quite a bit, but I don't think that makes him overrated. He is pretty strong after all. I don't think that something being popular should make it automatically overrated. (I myself have never really used Lucario, so I guess I don't have that much room to judge)
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny View Post
    Still, less is good. I just wanna see one game he doesn't appear in that I've heard of.
    Any Pokémon main game before the DS main games ?

Back to topic, at one point I used to like Lucario. Then I begun to hate it because of its overpopularity on DeviantArt (when I saw +60 000 deviations have been found when searching Lucario, while only +40 000 for Charizard, I thought there was something wrong). Now I still think it is overexposed but not as much as before. And I only dislike it now in Brawl, due to its Forward Smash. Why did they give this attack such a ridiculous range !? D:
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Having used Lucario, I know for a fact that it is as good a sweeper as Scizor in the metagame, capable of 6-0ing teams easily.

I agree with Grass-Type-Trainer's post. I would like him more if he wasn't everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

I don't see what's so amazing about its design, so yes, I consider it overrated.

I'm not really a big OU battler competitively, and I've never understood why Lucario is considered such a threat. It's really slow for a sweeper, which is the main drawback, really. I understand it gets priority, but it just seems easy to take out. I wouldn't know, though, this is just my uneducated logic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast