Do you think Lucario is overrated?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you think Lucario is overrated?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Do you think Lucario is overrated?

Lucario is a notable glass-canon - it is a beast when it comes to attacks (i.e; getting a STAB with an already 90 power'ed Aura Sphere that never misses), but the Steel-typing somewhat made it vulnerable. In Pokemon DPPt, a lot of strong trainers tend to have a Lucario in their team.

Also, when Lucario had been first shown, I remember that a lot of people had been delighted by the awesome design - not to mention Lucario's movie was also very popular. Even before Pokemon DPPt was released, Lucario had already a lot of fans. Not to mention the concept of Aura had been quite attractive in some way.

Still... do you think Lucario is overrated? Or did it deserve the popularity?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Lucario is overrated?

Overrated? No. Even with its paper thin defenses, its Steel typing provides it with some level of bulk. Compare to Infernape, who is just as frail but doesn't have nine resistances and then tell me who's a glass cannon.

Overexporsed? Definitely. Lucario is a pretty cool Pokemon in concept, but Game Freak kept promoting the living hell out of it, so I got tired of seeing its face everywhere. Now I can't stand the Pokemon, and it isn't even really its fault.
    Gengarzilla, zakisrage and Reila like this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, he definitely deserves his fame. I trained a Lucario in my Platinum team, and he was a freakin' boss dude. It helps that Lucario's prevo, Riolu, is one of the cutest little munchkins of all time, and I'll be raising one in my White 2 game (both JPN and USA). Lucario is quite useful in battle, even with his frail defenses. Resistance to Stealth Rock and Spikes, as well as immunity to Toxic Spikes, makes him a very valuable teammate. Along with a wide movepool, making Lucario quite unpredictable, and you have one awesome Pokemon. I sincerely hope he returns to the next Smash Bros, because he is VERY deserving of his fame.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Lucario's overrated for a good reason; It's one of the best Fighting types out there. Its movepool is both its pro and con, granting him near type coverage on anything that stand on its way. Plus he looks like a mixture of Goku from DBZ (he was voiced by Sean Schemmel) and Ryu from Street Fighter (Aura Sphere = Hadouken).

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

No. I think Lucario is pretty awesome. :) I used a Lucario for the first time in Pearl, and loved it instantly. It has great attack power, and can learn a whole bunch of moves. It did receive a whole bunch of hype from that movie though.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lucario isnt overated. he has the Ancinet egyptian look while he can shoot aura spheres. it also helps i like him because he is an aura pokemon and a car is called the Saturn Aura. my freind who is also a lucario fan has a Saturn Aura with License plates that say LUCARIO so i cant think he is overateed

Well, I have never liked steel nor fighting types, but then came Lucario.
    I like its design, I like its famous Aura sphere :D
    And since it became my must in my Platinum team, I have to say it is not so overrated.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Overrated. I don't see the appeal. Yeah it has a nice design, and the aura thing is cool, but everyone using it ruined it for me by the time I got Platinum, my first sinnoh game. I find others to be much better than it.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I wouldn't say that Lucario is overrated. It does have pretty weak defenses and just one Earthquake or Flamethrower could easily take it out, but it's movepool is pretty good, its attack and special attack stats are solid, Aura Sphere always looks cool and it's design is just awesome. It can be really strong and useful on a team. Plus, I didn't really care much for either Fighting or Steel types before Lucario and now it's my favorite Pokemon of all. I used it in all of my fourth generation teams and it was helpful in quite a few battles. I could see it being maybe overexposed during the fourth generation with many people using it, but I think that Lucario deserves its popularity. It's a great Pokemon that can take down a variety of opponents with its movepool and I think it's adorable. I'm quite eager to raise another one in my Black 2 team as well.

Blog Entries

I don't see why Lucario would be considered overrated. It has a weakness to it's own type....fighting. As everyone else said: Lucario has weak defense. Lucario has good attack stats and good movepool. But not that fast. Only so much Lucario can do with a base stat of 90 speed. Lucario has a awesome design and is useful in battle.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is irritatingly overexposed what with many characters using it, top billing in most media, and surely everyone using it for their BW2 run. It's Fighting/Steel typing is cool but also somewhat ironic considering it's portrayed as a competent seasoned fighter who is weak to Fighting-type.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Blog Entries

if anything, his fame is a benefit, since it pretty much debunks the "no one cares about Pokemon after gen 2" naysayers.

also, he was one of the first Mixed fighting types(along with Infernape), and excluding Clefable had the best resistance to Stealth Rock, which was everywhere in Gen 4.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

CEO of Charlie Corp. Charlie Lux's Avatar

I wouldnt say so, yes he's more out there then others but I dont think they promoted him to an extreme. Plus I absolutly love my Lucario, Sparrow XD

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

In a way. Lucario is a great Pokémon ingame and in competitive play. But it's seen a lot. LatMoM had Lucario, and the movie proved to be successful, and then Riley had a Lucario (many were dissapointed to learn that Ash would not be getting an Riolu egg - it fit him), and Riley in-game also had a Lucario and gave you a Riolu egg. You can also find Riolu in Challenger's Cave and in Sangi Ranch. And the HGSS Safari Zone. So, yes, in a way, but unlike Pikachu.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Yes to both, and it's one of my favorite pokemon. I loved it it the moment it appeared in the movie my little cousin made me watch with him. I used one on a team in one of my Platinum files before I learned that I work best with elemental teams(should have realized that after Yellow) and finding out that it wasn't a legendary. Not only does have a cool design, it's a great battle pokemon. It's probably the only fighting type that can physical and special; and it has an extremely versatile movepool. I just never understood how the hell its supposed be half steel, but it does help it's weak defenses a bit. Then Super Smash Bros. Brawl just made it awesome with using its Aura Sphere in a Ryu-style, getting stronger the more it's damaged, and being voiced by Goku. I nearly squealed when I found out it was going to be in B2/W2 and I hope I can squeeze one into my team.

Despite my gushing, I never saw it as being invincible like some people try to make it out to be. No pokemon is invincible, not even legendaries(their weak points are just harder to hit).

A true gamer is one plays who for fun and appreciates a decent storyline.....even if some games frustrate them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast