Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon?

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon?

I'm the goshdarned Pokémon master of my neighborhood, I'm too good to care. I get some odd looks, since Pokémon is mainly marketed to young boys (which is weird, since half the mons are pink and the gym leaders are evenly split between genders but whatever), but nothing related to age.

Registered User Du Sundavar Freohr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hell yeah I do, but I don't care. You can't let the things that people say affect you, especially in something as inconsequential as this. If it makes you happy to play, then by all means, play. Heck, my girlfriend and I play together. Fact is, do what makes you happy. Especially if being happy involves having a level 100 shiny Sceptile.
    "fsk you you little fsk. you are nothing but a fsk, you're parents were fsks. everybody you ever loved was a fsk. I fsking spit on fsking you and your fsking ancestors. you fsk around everybody all fsk like so stop being so fsking fsk you fsk from fsk land you fsking fsk, you fsking hear me you fsk? fsk you." A normal convo with a familiar lover of N.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum friend code
    4770 6316 3647
    Black/White friend code
    3868 7458 8631.

Somewhat. My colleagues think I'm strange for liking Pokémon, but then again, each to their own. I don't really mind what they think to be honest. I'm not really ashamed of liking Pokémon, so I don't keep it secret or anything.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Being female, 24, and working while playing Pokemon...heck yes, I bet I look like an idiot. Or an immature one, at least. But I don't care...it's fun, and lot more intricate than people give it credit for. The important thing is that I don't let it run my life.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

I have a cousin who treats pokemon playing as a disease and thinks it is the worst thing ever, and is purposly a mean little... something just because I am a pokemon nerd. SO WHAT? Who cares if I know that Krokorok evolves at level 43? Who cares if I know that Champion Blue's highest level pokemon is level 63, despite having never played pokemon RBYFRLG? WHO CARES IF I KNOW THAT ARCEUS HAS 120 IN EVERY BASE STAT? That is all. That is why I want pokemon to be real.

Probably silently, but people who know me just know it's part of who I am so they don't really care. A lot of them get nerdy about games I think are lame, so y'know, swings and round-a-bouts.

I do. And they look stupid for it. Many of my friends say Pokemon is for children, and me playing it makes me childish. But no. I ignore them for 2 simple reasons. 1, they just say that because they didn't play enough pokemon to understand it. they'll be surprised that a large number of people playing pokemon are those as old or older than them. They believe that people our age should play games like Warcraft, Call of Duty, Starcraft, etc. What they don't realize is that Pokemon is unique in a way that it can be complicated at times (competitive teams, etc.) but in a way that IT DOESN'T INVOLVE VIOLENCE the way online games do. Second, I love playing Pokemon. So what is it to them? Will they die if I don't stop playing pokemon? NO. So they shouldn't just care. I play games not BECAUSE OF THE PLEASURE OF KILLING OTHER PLAYERS but because THEY ARE FUN TO PLAY.

I used to have issues letting my friends know that I played Pokemon but then I just stopped caring and it's really not a big deal at all. They don't care at all, and why should they? It's a hobby that I enjoy and that's all there is to it.

Very few people know, but the ones that do don't mind it at all. ^^

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

No one ever says anything offensive about it to my face, and I wouldn't think anyone'd care enough to talk about it behind my back.
    "Calculated tactics, mental strength, accurate judgement, and being blessed with gorgeous looks! The person who has all of these is...!"

If I still had friends, I'd be judged often enough.

I was watching Pokemon a couple weeks ago and my Mother asked "You still watch that?" with a puzzled look on her face.
    I said, "Sure. Why wouldn't I?" She just walked away with the same puzzled look.

Funnier still is that she thinks absolutely nothing about the fact that I've been playing my Diamond non-stop for weeks now, rarely ever putting my DS down.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

yes, apprently i need to grow up and act my age that was acording to all my so called "friends" at school

Now im in college and i still often get asked arent you to old for that DS ? arent you to old to be playing pokemon ? Although quite a few people play pokemon at my college so thats cool. Its never really botherd me what people think never hidden pokemon or other things i like. i find it funny people are so bothered about me playing pokemon like it somehow affects there lifes.

Well no, everyone I know all grew up with pokemon and we always said if we ever got our hands on a ds and a pokemon game we could play for hours like back in the day.

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I don't really broadcast it but then again, I couldn't really care. Pokemon has been a part of my life for over ten years so someones opinion isn't going to make me stop playing something that's been part of me for that long.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678