Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon? - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon?

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Default Re: Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon?

Yes, yes i do.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries

Some do, some don't,all depends on the person. I re-intoduced my whole school to pkemon soon after I moved. now 3/4 of the school loves it.

I Claim Groudon.Yay

I've been an outward Pokemon fan since I was ten. Traded cards with people, battled by link cable, you name it. I've never really been belittled for it, but I disregard those who look down on me. They don't know me, nor do they hold any value in my life. My other hated it for a long time, but has come to accept it. My boyfriend, who is considerably older than me, doesn't understand it, but is very supportive. (he won me a bunch of pokemon plushies at the shore and tells me what pack of cards I should buy, based on the picture. *rolls eyes*) One of my friends is a former fan, though.

I've never really let things bother me like that, in high school a few people were confused by it but I had fun so it wasn't a big deal. My husband's mom was the one who really was kinda irked by it, she thought we were way too old for it (mostly the card game part) but she kinda got over it. Then again I've been told by two separate people that girls don't really get the blunt of it, because it seems like another cutesy thing. (Little do they know about the massacre my Rayquaza bequeaths to the world in my dreams.) And it's kind of annoying for guy's to get the brunt of the judgement :/. Especially because 'nerdy girls' seems to be a fad at the moment.
    Anyway I'm in college and play in public and wear the shirts and the socks. I'm down right proud, because they are so many worse things I could be into versus a highly imaginative world of critters.

I didn't tell many people in high school, although I know I would have been picked on for it. I used to do the same as others and hide all my stuff when people came over but now I couldn't care less. A lot of people know and no body really says anything.

Mostly last year (I was a freshman). People would call me 'puke-mon freshman' because I always had pokemon stickers all over my locker. But everything's cool this year.

Yes, I am a duck.

Yes. Almost all of the teens at my church, even my friend Philip, pick on me for playing Pokemon. They pick on me even more for liking the older ones. -_-

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Jupiter View Post
    Yes. Almost all of the teens at my church, even my friend Philip, pick on me for playing Pokemon. They pick on me even more for liking the older ones. -_-
    Wow, really? In my town its the other way around, most of the people who like/accept pokémon (that is already a rare find) pick on me for liking the new ones, and even for playing the current games, cause ''OMG they're so immature now!''. Yes, that is an actual quote.

Yes, I am a duck.

Aww, that stinks. Everyone should just be allowed to like what they like, no questions asked.
    Owain likes this.

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

I did get scolded once for playing Platinum in my summer vacations and doing the homework on the last day, lol.
    Also a few days ago, for I was training my Pokémon in White 2 till 3AM, the next morning, my sister scolded me loads. But she didn't scold that much. :P

Every one in my family know how much I love Pokémon. ^^

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

Here Pokémon is respected as a nostalgic remind of the careless childhood, and one of my friends just told he finished Pokémon Yellow and Gold/Silver version he started over 10 years ago after he found his old Game Boy Colour. He admited too that the game was addictive.

I haven't really told people all around that I play Pokémon. The onlyone who snarls me for playing Pokémon is my little brother – who actually plays it too. He says I'm "too old" to play it, blaah. :)

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously, how is playing Pokemon bad at all? When my class found out, I was the laughingstock of the grade. Now it isn't as bad, because others play it. But a 'popular' girl got the silent treatment from her friends after they found out she plays it.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I get stares from people whenever I play it in the subway. Meh - I just consider they're interested in the awesome graphics and want to watch me play the games so competitively XDD

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Dunno if I've replied to this thread before, but whatever.

Because it was judged in the neighborhood I live in, when I first moved to the new school, I made sure that my friends played Pokemon at the beginning. As time went on we started making more friends outside of our little group and it kind of became a lost subject for us because now we can't really talk about it without being overheard and stuff. I think our little group has kinda moved on a bit...I rarely play it anymore, anyway. I mean, I got Black 2 and all, but...yeah. I'd say I'm more of a Zelda fan overall rather than anything else nowadays.

In conclusion, no, I've never been actually judged but could have been had I approached the situation differently.

Adviser to the king Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Follow Twisted Roselia on Tumblr Visit Twisted Roselia's Youtube Channel

Not really, but it's probably because I don't go and tell people I play Pokémon. And when people saw my Pikachu phone charm on my pencil case at school, they were more like, 'Oh, that's so CUTE!! I LOVE Pikachu!!' rather than 'Pokémon is for losers'. I did tell my best friends and they don't mind at all.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast