Do you still consider Eevee as a starter Pokémon? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you still consider Eevee as a starter Pokémon?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 50.00%
  • No

28 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do you still consider Eevee as a starter Pokémon?

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you still consider Eevee as a starter Pokémon?

Starter Pokémon is by definition a Pokémon you start off with. So, you start off with Eevee. So: Eevee = Starter Pokémon.
    ShinySceptile1 and Fio like this.

Blog Entries

Nope. Eevee as a starter is only for Mary Sues in fanfics.

Beep beep, newbie here! Quaggington's Avatar

Follow Quaggington on Tumblr

Yes and no. I do consider it a starter in a sense because XD is normally considered part of the main series, and because Gary/Blue starts with it in Yellow, but I don't group it with the others. Sort of an "honorary starter," I guess.
    UnovaCastaway and HM02 like this.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I've never played XD, but because Gary did get one in Yellow, I would still definitely consider it a starter. (After all, it was a "starter" to him. ^^)
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't think I've ever considered Eevee a starter Pokemon, at least in the traditional sense. It's never made available for players to start off their journey with as their first Pokemon in any of the main series games. Going by Pokemon Conquest, I guess it would be a starter in that game, but it still isn't a traditional starter Pokemon to me.

Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

Technically speaking, any pokemon can be a starter. If you look at all the in-game trainers, gym leaders, Elite 4, etc, most of them don't have any of the main starters so on that basis, Eevee can be considered a starter.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

No of course not the startrs for the kanto region are charmander, squirte and bulbasaur.

Gary has an Eeve becuase he has one in the show, this does not make it a starter pokemon if it does then every pokemon in existance is a starter pokemon because they can all be a trainers first pokemon, like brocks onix.

the "starters" refer to the 3 fire, water,grass type pokemon given away at the local poke center/lab

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

It's not a starter, yet it is a favourite first choice for fanfics

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

I think that Eevee WOULD MAKE a great starter Pokemon, but, sadly, I don't consider it one. It has never been offered as a starter in the main games, but I wish it would be.

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

To me, honestly I'd only include: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and now Chespin, Fenniken, and Froakie. Pikachu and Eevee I don't include, personally despite side games, manga, and the gimic of "Follow Ash's Journey" Yellow. I personally don't really count those Pokemon I previously listed's evolutions as 'Starter Pokemon'. To me the term "Starter Pokemon" is given to the first stage of a relatively rare trio of Pokemon who evolve through two more stages and are of the Grass, Fire, and Water type at least at beginning. If the main games should change the forumal I will change my theory to suit the data known, though I do not see that happening but they do throw curve balls that people don't always expect. Such as the now laughably annoying trend of Fire Starters, or that Bulbasaur remains the last Starter to have two Types at base stage.

That's just my personal definition.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Though those spin offs were well made, no, I do not count Eevee as a starter.
    Longtime Nintendo fan. I also love Sega. You can find me under this username on: Super Mario Boards, Pikmin Fanon, Super Mario Wiki, Fanfiction.net
    (my OC)

Yes. And why not?
    I personally consider mainly because of the Yellow Pokémon.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

No not in the main series. But in spin-offs like XD and Conquest Eevee is your starting Pokemon.

Blog Entries

In the games, I do not consider Yellow to be canon in any sense, but yet, most media insist that Pikachu deserves it's distinction. As the series mascot, it seems unavoidable. Eevee has no such distinction, at least as far as I know.

For everything else, I think the base forms of all evo lines except for the fossil pokes are viable as starters. I arrived at this conclusion because I don't find it to be fair that only the three starters in each region are all there is. The anime even established that other pokes can be a starter. I also think certain other pokes would make sense to be starters, and yet, they're not. Even pokes that are already in the established Grass/Fire/Water circle. It just makes more sense to allow people to have what they want as a starter.

As for the exclusion, this required a lot of reasoning. I mostly worked off conventions established in fanfiction communities regarding what makes a believable starter, and they seemed open to anything as long as it wasn't rare. However, conventions as I know them seem to bend the rule if the base form is small. Furthermore, not all the large pokes are rare, which I find that to be the true issue most of the time, that people think certain pokes are too large or powerful to be a starter. This is especially true of pseudo legends, but I think the anime has adequately proven even the base form of a pseudo is not as offensive as we imagined it to be. It all depends on how you approach it. As for large pokes, I might agree to some extent, but I will argue the matter that this does not count as being in the "rare" limitation, as there are some large pokes that aren't rare. There are some that are, but to exclude them seems arbitrary to me. It also seems arbitrary to exclude large pokes entirely since some of them are not rare. To me, as long as someone can obtain the poke with few problems, it is viable. Why do I think fossil pokes are the only ones that fit this description? You need to either know or have access to the fossil resurrection machine for this to be plausible, and even then, you need to have found a fossil. Now fossils may or may not be hard to find, that is not certain. Always being within range of the resurrection machine? I find that to be too unlikely. (this may also be a reason to not just have the three starters, not everyone can get to the professor) I just found it to be too problematic to believe someone has a fossil poke as a starter, unless they have inside means.
    Step into the Fairy circle

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Not really. I still think it's an awesome Pokemon and Eevee is one of my favorites that manages to stay the test of time. I thought it was great how Yellow and Pokemon XD used it as a starter, though. It made them really unique. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast