Do you see the characters as having the same voices as their anime counterparts?

Thread: Do you see the characters as having the same voices as their anime counterparts?

Blog Entries

Default Do you see the characters as having the same voices as their anime counterparts?

I can't say I do. I see each counterpart as a separate person, and my expected voices don't sound the same.
    For example, game!May sounds nothing like anime!May to me. Likewise with Misty, and everyone else.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you see the characters as having the same voices as their anime counterparts?

I feel the same, although that's generally due to my huge disdain for the anime in general.

Default Re: Do you see the characters as having the same voices as their anime counterparts?

I'm not sure... I don't watch the anime much so I can't tell.

Registered User MultitaskingOctupus's Avatar

No, I try to separate the games and the anime as much as I can.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Not really. Maybe someone like Brock, but that's about it. I can safely say that my ideal Pokémon World is free of both PUSA and 4Kids.

Very Fine Dodger
    Blog Entries

Only in the cases of Brock, Misty, May, and Dawn. Otherwise, no.
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

Nobody actually, I can tell their personalities just from their dialogue. And it's nothing like the crappy anime that people use as an excuse to insult the best series in the world.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Only Brock and Misty. I see everyone else has having different voices, for some reason.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Some I do, Some I don't (especially the ones I didn't grow up with).

Like the fact that somehow, In my mind, Steven Stone is English and Volkner is Australian. Why? I don't know. But it just is. That's my fanon, and I'm sticking to it.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Besides the main male protagonists in the games, I do feel this...only if I watched the anime in the first place. Since I don't watch the anime very often anymore, I "hear" the game characters in my own interpretation rather than what the anime offered.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm curious as to why Somari brought up this thread.

The main protagonists don't talk in the game unless they're your rival, (and even then, Red/Ash are too dissimilar), and their game personalities, what little they have, is not that similar to their anime counterparts.

Plus both Brock and Misty are much older in the games, I really don't see them sounding alike.