Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

Default Re: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

I don't see the point in keeping something you like a secret. If people are going to rip you for liking something, then they're not friends of yours, so just ignore 'em. Everyone I know knows I play Pokémon etc, it's just part of who I am. I don't go around professing "I play Pokémon and idgaf what you think!!" everywhere, but y'know. If someone asks or it comes up in conversation, I'm not going to ignore it.

I wasted so much of my time and energy in secondary school caring what others thought of me, and that was really stupid of me. People who constantly judge others like that, and rip on people for the "fun" of it really aren't worth any kind of your time and/or energy.

Well, I guess if I was still in my younger days then I don't think I would keep it a secret from my friends. In fact most of them are fans back in those times.

But now with everybody all grown up and with their new lives I prefer to be secretive about my certain interests.

Blog Entries

Well for starters, nobody I know asks about nor plays Pokémon, so I can't really say. If someone asks I won't deny, but I won't be going around showing it off.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Follow mail mummy on Tumblr

No, I don't hide it. All of my close friends adore Pokemon, and I think most people that get to know me quickly find out it's one of my main interests... Ahahaha.

I have a few Pokemon shirts that I wear around, but I can't recall anyone really even making much mention of it. I got some flack for liking Pokemon in high school though because it's high school. But I think after a certain age, a lot of people don't care, and really, they shouldn't. It's none of their business to tell you what to like. The only other negative thing I've heard people in my area say about people playing Pokemon was in regards to a guy in my major that played. A few of the other students would make snide, hateful comments about it. That really isn't the norm though.

My family is fairly into Pokemon though! My mom and sister have a passing knowledge about it, my brother-in-law plays, and my niece really loves it.

The people who mind, don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I neither confirm nor deny it unless it somehow comes up. I told one of my friends about how it was a big part of my childhood and therefore still a part of my life, and she asked if I had a brother xD I got my best guy friend into Pokémon as well, so it's no longer much of a "secret".

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

No, but I do get a lot of flack for it. Your 20 years old and you play Pokemon?! Even worse, you play Pokemon on a 3DS you spent 150 euros for?! And you bough it at 20 years old?! -_-'
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Hinoarashi View Post
    But now with everybody all grown up and with their new lives I prefer to be secretive about my certain interests.
    I'd argue that they're not really grown up if they can't handle people having different interests to them :P but fair enough, if you don't want to tell people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    No, but I do get a lot of flack for it. Your 20 years old and you play Pokemon?! Even worse, you play Pokemon on a 3DS you spent 150 euros for?! And you bough it at 20 years old?! -_-'
    To me this is some kind of an advantage. People in their 20s have more financial resources to buy Pokemon related stuff than 10-year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinoarashi View Post
    I'd argue that they're not really grown up if they can't handle people having different interests to them :P but fair enough, if you don't want to tell people.
    Well, I don't like risking my 'alter ego' in the real world. I never really liked the attention from certain kind of people.

Anyone who would be mean to you for liking something like Pokemon isn't a friend at all.

Not many people I know really likes Pokemon as much as I do, but I've never been judged for liking it. Back when Black & White first came out the entire gaming club in my college were playing it.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Not really. I mean I did at first but, its just not worth it. If someone can't accept me for what I like then they aren't someone I should be friends with.
    Megane and Hidden Mew like this.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In general, I'm a bad fan of everything. I may love something to death, but would never mention it or even defend it. And then a few years back, a lot of my classmates got into this Pokemon TCG craze. About that time, I really stopped caring what others thought of me because I played Pokemon and, let's be honest, everyone who plays video games has played it, I've actually made quite a few friends off it. Three years later, I know enough people who play Pokemon that we can get together and have two sets of 4-player battles going on over local wifi. And one of them has gone to Nationals.

All my friends are into anime and videogames, so all of them know that I like Pokemon. But since most of them (at least from my close friends IRL) hate Pokemon (ironically, most of them are Digimon or YuGiOh fans of fans of both francises) I only talk to them about them only when someone else bring them in a conversation. Only two of them don't hate them but one of them stopped playing it from the 4th generation and after (since he never bothered to buy a DS, probably he lost his enthysiasm about them and he was a champion in Pokemon Online and, unfortunately, a Smogon fanatic) and the other one rarely plays Pokemon (he hasn't finished Pokemon White yet) but at least he loves Pokemon Special manga.

The only thing that pisses me off is when 2-3 of my friends tell me that Pokemon are childish and Digimon are more mature and they don't admit that Digimon have little kids as their target group.

Genrerally I don't keep my love about Pokemon secret from other people but I don't babble about them either. And the same goes for anime/manga, videogames and so on.

Blog Entries

No. Im at a very nerdy school anyway.

NO WAY! I am a proud fan. Everyone knows I like the series, friends, and even people I don't get along with (that includes enemies). I am a proud fan, and always will be. Loads of my friends like it anyway.
    Hello Everyone! This is my signature. It is useful.

Trophies

I rarely ever talk about Pokemon, but I only talk about it only when it comes up during a conversation. When some people say some false facts, I come out of nowhere and correct them on that. Of course, I'm pretty sure a lot of my classmates are into Pokemon, but just don't talk about it. When I'm bored I doodle in my private cipher-text with lots of Pokemon. (well more so L-u-g-i-a, since I'm an absolute fanatic.)
    No.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast