Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

Default Re: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I don't keep pokemon secret at all. I mean, I don't talk about it all the time or anything, especially if the people around me aren't into it, because then they wouldn't be able to get involved in the conversation, but I don't remotely understand why anyone would try to 'hide' that they like pokemon. I mean, seriously, why would you bother doing something like that? I mean, no offense, but if you're friends would make fun of you for something like enjoying pokemon then they are shitty friends.
    This. I cannot understand the reason to hide it. If someone started dislike me just because of this, (s)he cannot be called friend. Well, some of them can sometimes bicker me because of this, but I´m okay with friendly bickering, I do the same.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I don't go around parading that I like Pokemon. I don't say that I like Pokemon unless someone asks. But if someone does, I'd just say yes. So I'm not exactly hiding it.

Except my parents don't really appreciate me liking Pokemon XDD

I don't keep it secret from anyone. Sure, I don't ALWAYS talk about pokemon to everyone I meet, but I'm not ashamed to like the franchise.

You'll be surprised at how many people like pokemon, even the people you least expect to. When HG/SS was out, I found a pokewalker on the floor of my school, and this guy (Really tall, tough, into rugby, does NOT look like he's into pokemon AT ALL) said it was his, and we've been closer ever since, talking about pokemon and such.

My argument is, I've loved it since I was really young, and there's no reason to start not-liking it. :)

I didn't keep it as a secret, but I didn't talk about it when no one does... I think I'm the only one who play it... That's why I'm here, to talk about it :)
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic65280_2.gif
    I'm okay... I'm just... need to be alone right now...

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Of course not. I don't keep my love for Pokemon a secret from ANYBODY.
    I don't give a damn about the opinions of the inferior creatures that is 95% of my school(yes that is what I think about my school). And If my friends don't accept the fact that I have my own awesome fandoms, they are undeserving to be my friends. A true friend would accept me and my weirdness. I spread my love of Pokemon, I have absolutely no shame, it's one of the few things I can talk about, and haters must accept that fact. You can't change my opinion random-person-that-I-don't-give-a-single-fuck-about, so just screw you and go back to your group of other haters that I also don't give a single fuck about.
    I think I went a bit overboard there.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

I don't hide, but I also never talk about it offline. No one seems to like or care about Pokémon here.

I am not ashamed of being a Pokémon fan, tbh.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

The few friends I have in real life, and hundreds of friends online know. I don't keep it a secret, on the contrary, its one of the three things I let everyone know about me, I love Pokemon (the other two are felines/mustelids (for my favorite animals) and football).

All my family members also know I love Pokemon, and I'm not afraid to hide it, even on special ocations (birthdays, certain holidays, and Pokemon premiers) I will proudly wear my Meowth Pokemon t-shirt.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

From my friends? No.

But from other people? Yeah. I always try not to talk about it within earshot of people other than friends and family. Not because I'm ashamed about liking the game series, but because I know for a fact that people will misunderstand and make fun of me. Well, they have. And they will again.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

No, pretty much everyone knows I like Pokemon; I don't keep it secret at all. but almost no one knows about my Adam Young obsession, they know I like Owl City but they have no idea...

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I've never kept it as a secret. Pretty much all my family and friends knows that I play Pokémon, and none of them is ashamed, or has ever made fun of me for that. Pretty much all my nearest friends like Pokémon too. I know people that if you see them in the street, you'll never think that they're fans of Pokémon, like a cholo friend I had in middle school; he had his head shaved, wore baggy shirts and baggy pants, and listened to a lot of reggaetón, yet he became friends with my best friend because he was a Pokémon fan too, and I eventually became his friend. (and that's rare because I really try to avoid that kind of people, as they're usually involved with crime and drugs :S)
    However, I hardly ever talk about it if I'm not asked before. But if someone asks me, for example, what video games do you like? I'd respond Pokémon, along with the other video games I play, without any shame. If they laugh, I laugh with them. I don't have any problem. I do care about what people thinks about me, but I don't think that telling them I like Pokémon is any bad, or that it will damage me or something.

(edit: I'm not using "cholo" as a racial slur; that's how we call that social group here in my country :P)

Nyx

Like most others said, I'm not trying to hide it, but I don't go around announcing it either. Besides, most people here don't care about Pokemon anymore, so there's no reason to talk about it to others.

Blog Entries

Nope, I don't hide it at all. My friends know that I play Pokemon but most of my friends either collect Transformers or have a vast knowledge of sci fi so they don't say anything. Most of the people at my work don't care either; we have a group that watches Doctor Who and plays Magic so I'm seen as one of the other geeks. And hey, if it weren't for us, the place would fall apart.

It also helps that when people ask what I'm playing, I tell them. "I'm beating the crap outta cute, fuzzy woodland creatures, stuffing them into capsules and making them beat up other cute, fuzzy woodland creatures in order to enlarge my ego." XD

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

all of my friends have been introduced to pokemon at one point in their life. not all of them still play or watch currently but i am not a fanatic. i useully talk about it if something interesting or funny comes up. but i dont blurt it to the enitre world. if i were asked id tell the person. I grew up with pokemon and it will always be a part of me even how bad it gets

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

No way. In fact, it's one of the few things we have in common to nerd out about.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

I do. I don't know anyone else who likes Pokemon except my little brother, and you can't really talk about Pokemon with someone like him. My friends all stopped playing a long time ago, so I generally keep it to myself. I don't even think my parents are fully aware of the amount of time I spend on here. They already forbade me from watching Japanese subbed episodes because they think that makes me obsessed. (But I do it anyway, not as often though.)
    I feel like the world doesn't really have to know what I like, as long as I continue doing it to make myself happier.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast