Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

Default Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

I used to keep Pokemon secret but then I quit Pokemon. When I came back to Pokemon I had found friends who liked Pokemon. However I plan to keep Pokemon secret after Generation VI comes. If the a conversation about Pokemon does come up, I will ignore it or avoid talking about competitive battling.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Do you keep Pokemon secret from your friends?

No, but that's only because my friend is already into Pokemon. I did keep it a secret from her when we first met for awhile since I was nervous to bring it up and how she would respond. If I made any other friends, I'd keep a secret until I felt comfortable and believed that they wouldn't make fun of me.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

No way! My best friend loves Pokemon as well. He has the games too. He's even a cosplayer. Several of my other friends like Pokemon too. One of my friends has White 2, so I was able to obtain the key to get Regice.

Most of my friends prefer the games, but one of them is a big fan of the anime (mainly because she's into shipping).
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Well, the only people who know I like Pokémon are my best friend, his little sis and my brother, but I generally keep it a secret from other people. I'm embarrassed to admit it because I care so much about what others think of me.

Ugh. :I

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Since my friends are all online, and into Pokemon it would be kind of silly to keep it a secret :P Offline though I dont know, if I was looking at a Pokemon site or playing a game and they asked what it was, Id tell them and say I was into Pokemon. I see no harm in sharing interests with your friends and Pokemon is one of my main interests.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I try to hide the fact that I'm a Pokemon fan from those at my occupation. Many of them don't seem to care much, and whenever Pokemon comes up, it's always involving generation one. That just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. As a result, only relatives are aware that I am into Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

No, because my friends were the ones who got me into Pokémon, and the friends I've made since then were united by our common interest in it.

ღ Ruiner ღ Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

I try to keep most of my interests, including Pokémon, hidden from my offline friends, because I know that's just gonna lead to an annoying conversation about how it's childish and boring and all that crap. I don't hide it from my best offline friend, though, he's a huge fan as well, considerably more than myself in fact.

"Cheer up baby, it wasn't always quite so bad; for every bit of venom that came out, the antidote was had."
    Fun & GamesRulesLast.fmAvatarBannerThe Planetary Pit Stop

"50 HP has been restored" Fresh Water's Avatar

I keep pokemon to myself around my offline friends (since they never heard of the games), but my online friends are usually pokemon fans.

Blog Entries

I don't keep pokemon secret at all. I mean, I don't talk about it all the time or anything, especially if the people around me aren't into it, because then they wouldn't be able to get involved in the conversation, but I don't remotely understand why anyone would try to 'hide' that they like pokemon. I mean, seriously, why would you bother doing something like that? I mean, no offense, but if you're friends would make fun of you for something like enjoying pokemon then they are shitty friends.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Yes. I always keep Pokémon secret from anyone, even my parents and relatives.

No, I reveal almost everything I like. XD

Not at all! My friends (and the majority of my year level back in high school) and I grew up with Pokemon so we talk about it/play the games openly.

Blog Entries

To an extent. I don't hide it, if anyone asked I would share, but it's not something I go around and tell people. Just like I don't go around and preach other interests I have, like my music, my sports teams, etc. I've come to believe that if it's something you enjoy or find pleasure in, as long as it doesn't harm someone else, it can't be that bad. And if someone were to really openly judge me because of something I enjoy doing then they're not a true friend.

Here's a secret I've come to learn about life:

Growing up isn't about reaching a certain level of maturity, it's about learning that you DON'T grow up.

I'm not saying it's impossible to "outgrow" Pokémon or anything, but being an adult is about understanding that you never stop learning and developing. In middle and high school, we all wanted to be adults so badly that we instantly tried to disassociate with things that are perceived as "juvenile" or "childish" and then shun those who we don't feel as mature. A few years down the line, we'd figure out that such behavior was actually more immature than what we were criticizing, and once college comes around, you find a lot more people are embracing their childhood rather than trying to get rid of it.

With that said, I don't go out and public and wear my Pokémon t-shirts or anything, but if I saw someone walking by with one, I wouldn't think any less of them. If people want to know about me, I just tell them my honest and sincere opinion. If they judge me for it, so be it. I'm not saying I'm the pinnacle of maturity, but judging others because they have the audacity to enjoy something that makes them happy isn't exactly any more mature than playing a game or watching a show meant for people a quarter of your age.

So yeah, I don't necessarily keep a secret, but nor do I obsess over it in public... well, except when I go Toys 'R Us and see all the new stuff and... I think I need to make a trip to Toys 'R Us soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast