Diancie Discussion and Theories

Thread: Diancie Discussion and Theories

Follow DatNuttyGuy On Twitter

Default Diancie Discussion and Theories

First post, weeee. This is probably overdone but whatever.

So by this point everyone should know who Diancie is. But the question is, how does she fit?

The main rumor is that she's somehow related to Hoopa and Volcanion. My thought? No. Hoopa and Volcanion look like they're connected somehow, but Diancie seems to have nothing to do with them. It's some kind of Indian-African-Ancient-Civillization with a giant purple diamond. Not really similar.

Another rumor is that she's an evolution of Carbink. BUT she was confirmed to be legendary, and no legendary has ever evolved- and that makes sense. Why would they change it now? I'm guessing Nintendo just isn't very original when it comes to Rock/Fairy types.

But, it might not be a coincidence. What if Carbink is somehow related to her otherwise? It's not unheard of, unlike legendaries evolving. Phione, for example (assuming Phione isn't legendary- seriously guys MAKE UP YOUR MIND.) But still, not a very substantial theory.

The movie is gonna focus around her (and Xerneas and Yveltal, but probably mostly Yveltal and Diancie because of the "Cocoon" part) and Mega Evolutions, right? And her purple gems resemble the Anistar City Sundial, which is related to Mega Rings in some way, shape, or form. What if Diancie is that way, shape, and form? Maybe when you bring your Diancie to the sundial, she activates something. Maybe it reveals more Mega Evolutions that are unheard of (like Latios and Latias)! Or what if it triggers another form of Mega Evolution? The possibilities are endless! (Well, to a certain extent.)

I dunno. Those are my opinions. Tell me yours! :D

Default Re: Diancie - Where does she fit?

Official site is updated and confirms some kind of connection with Carbink (crystalline composition, Rock/Fairy typing). No other word yet (it would certainly be a surprise if you can breed Carbink off of Diancie).
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Default Re: Diancie - Where does she fit?

One of the Bulba's twitter quoted that Carbink can go under a mutation and turn into Diancie. (Take that, Diancie-Carbink Connection h8rs!)

She also has a connection to Carbink in the movie, where she rules a kingdom of Carbinks, and her PokeDex entry in X describes her as a "sudden transformation of Carbink". (Btw, I am aware that Diancie is genderless and therefore referring to it as a "her" is inaccurate. It just looks like a girl.)
    Last edited by winstein; 16th February 2014 at 05:17 AM.

Default Diancie discussion and theories.

My brother and I were playing and made a couple assumptions and theories based on the official information given for Diancie. Here's what we know:

1. It was revealed on Valentines day.
    2. It's color scheme is largely pink.
    3. It's a "mutation" of Carbink.
    4. According to the movie information, it rules an underground kingdom based around a massive diamond that it's linked to.

Between us, the best theory so far, is that obtaining Diancie or transforming Carbink into Diancie will involve the anistar sundial, pokemon Amie and perhaps an unkown item to trigger an event.

In Anistar city, one of the popular "secrets" of X and Y is the woman that says "The tip of a sundial's shadow... If we were in a mystery novel, there would probably be something buried there!" the sundial's color is very similar to Diancie, and has to do with Mega Evolution, which is a mutation of already fully evolved pokemon.

Our theory is that there will be an item of some sort that triggers an event leading to the underground kingdom in the movie, or, barring that, a cave of some kind with the giant "Diancie diamond." that will trigger Carbink's mutation. We can't agree whether the strange souvenir is involved, sine it's know to have something to do with a mythical or legendary pokemon though the link is yet unknown.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Other information I may have missed? Or other theories?

Default Re: Diancie discussion and theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnos View Post
    In Anistar city, one of the popular "secrets" of X and Y is the woman that says "The tip of a sundial's shadow... If we were in a mystery novel, there would probably be something buried there!" the sundial's color is very similar to Diancie, and has to do with Mega Evolution, which is a mutation of already fully evolved pokemon.
    There was something buried there, it's just a sunstone, I spent hours trying to find if there was really anything around there and when I found that sunstone, I went into a burning rage.

Default Re: Diancie Discussion and Theories

I don't know if somebody has said this already, but I think Diancie is based on the process of coal becoming diamond. It may be very difficult to turn a Carbink into Diancie, if the games even let you do that. Coal takes absolutely ages to turn into a diamond.
    Last edited by The Imaginatrix; 19th February 2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Changed wording
    A world of pure imagination...
    I am the beat of a swan's wing on the breath of the wind. I am the secret at the heart of the standing stone. I am the island in the wild sea. I am the fire in the head of the seer. I am neither of that world nor of this.
    Finbar of Sevenwaters, Son of the Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginatrix View Post
    I don't know if somebody has said this already, but I think Diancie is based on the process of coal becoming diamond. It may be very difficult to turn a Carbink into Diancie, if the games even let you do that. Coal takes absolutely ages to turn into a diamond.
    Fair enough.

I actually doubt you can mutate a Carbink. Seems like it would supply a practically endless amount of Diancies, and they don't do that with legendaries. I bet the mutation will be shown in the anime and mentioned in the games. Or you can just only do it once. I dunno.
    Trainer from Johto. Champion of Unova and Kalos. Heading to Sinnoh next.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imaginatrix View Post
    I actually like your theory a lot, I was thinking a mega stone originally but maybe something to do with long elapse of time for the carbon to become a diamond?
    Though my best guess is there would be an ingame event featuring having a Carbink in your party to get Diancie, maybe like the Regis in RSE.