Delibird's sack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delibird's sack?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Delibird's sack?

In all curiousness, what is Delibird's sack? Is it part of his body?

Where does he gets all those presents for attack?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Delibird's sack?

Dirty..mind..OH LORD!

1. Delibird's sack is... a sack? That's a funny question.
    2. I would assume that it's not part of its body. I don't think it is physically connected to Delibird.
    3. Not sure? By stealing people's gifts?
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I thought that it was confirmed that the bag was it's tail. As for the presents, I have no idea.

Blog Entries

The sack is Delibird's tail. Simple examination of its dex entries reveal this fact:

RS: Delibird carries its food bundled up in its tail. There once was a famous explorer who managed to reach the peak of Mt. Everest thanks to one of these Pokémon sharing its food.
    DPPt/BW: It carries food rolled up in its tail. It has the habit of sharing food with people lost in mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Papaya View Post
    Dirty..mind..OH LORD!
    2. I would assume that it's not part of its body. I don't think it is physically connected to Delibird.
    Looking at its back sprite suggests otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Where does he gets all those presents for attack?
    Again, examining its dex entries suggest the presents are the food it stores in its tail. Maybe Delibird imbues it with some sort of special energy to cause it to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Again, examining its dex entries suggest the presents are the food it stores in its tail. Maybe Delibird imbues it with some sort of special energy to cause it to explode.
    Even if the presents are the food, that doesn't explain where it comes from.
    I think it comes out of nothingness, like how Squirtle is able to spit out enough water to fill the back of a truck despite the fact that he obviously doesn;t have that much water stored inside him at all.

Blog Entries

Delibird carries a small oven and a greenhouse in its tail, obviously! How else would he make so much food?

In all seriousness, his character has always been one of the most interesting to me. Its Santa-like features are awesome, especially its tail.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

...now I kinda feel stupid for not have checked out Bulbapedia sooner XDD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    How does it not explain where the food comes from? Where do you think food comes from? Given its not a hunter, and given that it has a sack as a tail, it clearly scavenges for food. So where does the food come from? It finds it. It's a scavenger, so we can't really give you a definite answer other than "lying around". You really think it creates food from nothingness? If it can create food, why bother having a tail for storage?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

How does it not explain where the food comes from? Where do you think food comes from? Given its not a hunter, and given that it has a sack as a tail, it clearly scavenges for food. So where does the food come from? It finds it. It's a scavenger, so we can't really give you a definite answer other than "lying around". You really think it creates food from nothingness? If it can create food, why bother having a tail for storage?
    Probably similar to us. Like, we create food out of raw materials, eat, and if there are leftovers we store them for later. So even if it's from nothingness, it still needs someplace to store... I think

Blog Entries

Probably similar to us. Like, we create food out of raw materials, eat, and if there are leftovers we store them for later. So even if it's from nothingness, it still needs someplace to store... I think
    The implication of creating it from nothing means one would not need to store it, since it can be made whenever its needed. There's also no reason to store leftovers if there's no shortage of food.

Now with added 'y' MajesticRayquaza's Avatar

I just had this strange thought of an army of Delibird's bombing a place with stuff.
    Thanks to Black Kyurem for the awesome avatar. Check him out!

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

The 'presents' are most likely leftovers from a meal, or else things it finds on the ground. Some birds - magpies, for example - are attracted to shiny things, so maybe it keeps those too.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

The implication of creating it from nothing means one would not need to store it, since it can be made whenever its needed. There's also no reason to store leftovers if there's no shortage of food.
    True, but maybe it stores like 15 pre-made "presents" in his tail for the sole purpose of battle... perhaps it's hard or time-consuming for it to just make them on the spot so he makes them in advance for the purpose of throwing them at enemies or eating the food when he's too lazy to make more.
    It very well could just be food that it has previously found, but I was just offering another possibility since other Pokémon do create stuff out of nothingness (Squirtle's water, Hippowdon's sand, etc.)

Delibirds sack?

*snik* *snik*

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Delibird's tail is a portal to another dimension full of exploding gift boxes as well as food. But maybe it creates the gift boxes out of energy just like other Pokémon who use the move Present.
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 10th April 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast