Dark/Psychic dual types

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark/Psychic dual types

Default Dark/Psychic dual types

I was wondering if anyone else out there thinks that we'll ever see Pokemon that are both Dark and Psychic dual types. I think it'd be cool because they'd kind of be both good and evil in some sense, right?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While dark is associated more with "evil", psychic hasn't been identified as "good".

追放されたバカ

That would be an awesome Pokemon. Sadly, that might not happen for would have only one type of Pokemon super effective to it, Bug type; there is also immunity to other Psychic types. If they do make one it might be legendary and/or ultra hard to get... and I'd definitely want one ;).

Good/evil personality would be very interesting for a Pokemon.

^ Water/ground is like that too, and there are now 4 different families of Pokemon with that combo.

I'm all for more type combinations. I used to think Grumpig was psychic/dark, actually.

Blog Entries

I dont see why making a dual type with one weakness is such a big deal with the Dark/Ghost dual typing floating around giving it no weaknesses(unless you count moves and abilities like Foresight and Scrappy).

I actually dont see why something that people consider as polar opposites cannot be dual typed when a Ground/Flying Gliscor and Gligar exist. Actually, I'm more curious to see what a Fire/water Pokemon will look like, or a Fire/Ice(which by any logic would equal to water). A Normal/Ghost would be awsome too. Normal could represent the living, and Ghost the dead(obvious). Fire/Grass would be interesting, although somehow I am imagining it as a Jalapeno pepper type Pokemon.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 25th June 2007 at 04:13 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I always imagined that any new evolution of Girafarig, if there is one, would be Dark/Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Fire/Ice(which by any logic would equal to water).
    or a Pokemon based off of a spell-casting witch (I can't help but think of Twinrova, from a certain other Nintendo franchise ^^').

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Registered User Arseus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    I always imagined that any new evolution of Girafarig, if there is one, would be Dark/Psychic.
    Or perhaps an Absol evo could Dark/Psychic.

Cosmo: I've got two words for you: Mouthwash!

Wanda: Cosmo, "Mouthwash" is one word.

Cosmo: So I'll say it twice: Mouthwash mouthwash!

So, Psychic hasn't been identified as 'good.' Weird, because most religions would probably argue that psychic is another term for good or divine. But, I think most people would just think of something as psychic when it can read minds and other stuff like that, or something that's highly intelligent like Alakazam. Also, yeah, like someone pointed out, the only weakness that this combo would have would be Bug, similar to how Water/Ground Pokemon like Quagsire or Swampert would be weak against only Grass.

Anyways, I brought this up because I thought it would be cool and I was wondering if anyone else thought so too. Also, this was kind of an idea I applied to some of my fakes, one of which is my username, Canersia, a bipedal wolf that wears a four-eyed mask and bears a curse mark on the back of its head. But the types were reversed and it isn't just Psychic/Dark because its good and evil, but also it's the result of hatred towards its trainer (reason why its dark) and, because of that, became a reclusive scholar who taps into the powers of the cosmos to gain as much knowledge as possible (the larger emphasis and reason why its psychic). Also, the curse mark on its head kind of adds to its dark attributes by supposedly bringing bad luck to anyone in its presense.

Finally, it kind of surprises me how neither Girafarig nor Absol aren't Dark/Psychic-types or how they don't have some kind of evo's that are cause they seem like things that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    or a Pokemon based off of a spell-casting witch (I can't help but think of Twinrova, from a certain other Nintendo franchise ^^').
    Mismagius resembles a sort of witch. One of my favorites, actually.
    This space is lonely! Need sig badly. :(

Psychic has been used by bad guys in the Anime almost as much as Dark types. And most of them look pretty evil as well, so I don't see the "good" representation.

Anyway, my Dark/Psychic type I mad is Eyeyiyi, it looks like a weird cloaked figure with a giant eyeball on it's stomach and some on it's sides. It looked pretty cool, but I think I threw away the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobake Hajiro View Post
    Psychic has been used by bad guys in the Anime almost as much as Dark types. And most of them look pretty evil as well, so I don't see the "good" representation.

Anyway, my Dark/Psychic type I mad is Eyeyiyi, it looks like a weird cloaked figure with a giant eyeball on it's stomach and some on it's sides. It looked pretty cool, but I think I threw away the drawing.
    You've got a good point. Some Psychic Pokemon like Hypno look kinda menacing and more malevolent than anything else. But still, I've heard the term 'psychic' used a couple times to describe some things as holy, divine, etc.

Also, I have some other ways of seeing creatures as part of the Dark-type beside just being evil. Example, I've got an idea for a series of Pokemon based on the striped skunk (these were ideas that I had for a while before Stunky and Skuntank were introduced in the DP games) that are supposed to symbolize how spoiling pets and then denying them stuff they want can cause some creatures to savages and some into arrogant snobs that try to get their way no matter what. Okay, you could argue that they're evil, but not completely as they do have somewhat lighter sides to them.

mmm it sounds good..but can someone tell me if theres a psychic/dark pokemon..until know i just know, theres psychic-normaal right?? and i would make a ghost/psychic pokemon , about the anime.. i just remember ekans, meowth,wobuffet,mime jr,seviper,cacnea,mmmm and thats it! i would add poison type!
    Last edited by poison bulby; 28th June 2007 at 03:07 PM.

ThE PoIsOn aPple is HeRe!! o.O

Default Re: Dark/Psychic dual types

[QUOTE= Finally, it kind of surprises me how neither Girafarig nor Absol aren't Dark/Psychic-types or how they don't have some kind of evo's that are cause they seem like things that would be.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree man. There should be some correlation between Girafarig & Absol, like they are enemies or something (somewhat like Zangoose & Sviper). They've been around for so long and look pretty cool, so I think that they deserve an evolution. They should both evolve into Psychic/Dark and Dark/Psychic respectively. They lose all weaknesses except for a 4x weakness to bug. But to counter this weakness each should be able to learn Fire & Rock type moves like Absol already can.

Their evolution should be something of a "joint evolution", involve the use of two new stones (the Psychic stone which allows the user to draw in psychic attacks to increase the attack stat one stage when a psychic attack hits for the first time only, regardless if the pokemon is normally immune. & Darkness stone which not only grants immunity to dark attacks, but uses the first dark attack to increase the special attack stat one stage only). They could merely be traded with Girafarig holding a darkness stone & Absol holding a psychic stone. Once evolved their new evolutions should have a new ability called: Dark Thoughts, which is somewhat like Justified. The only difference is Dark Thoughts increases dark-type attacks the first time the user is hit by a dark-type attack. It should also grant immunity to dark-type moves.

Their evolutions should both be able to learn a new signature move by leveling up, one can be called Psychic Pulse, with a base power of 90 and 90% accuracy with a PP of 10 and 70% chance of the secondary effect of putting the target asleep. The second signature move would be called Dark Desire and it should do 70% physical damage with 100% accuracy and a PP of 5-10. Dark Desire should also have a secondary effect with a 40% chance of lowering the target's Special attack.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dark/Psychic dual types

We're getting new Dark/Psychic Pokemon - Inkay and Malamar.
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast