Custom Pokeball Project - Help!

Thread: Custom Pokeball Project - Help!

Default Custom Pokeball Project - Help!

Now, I'm brand new to the whole bulbagarden forums. I've used the wiki for eons, but have never been a member of any of the social aspects of it. My main reason for joining is that I've began a project for myself, and I've become stuck at the beginning.

My goal is to create a very special custom Pokeball for my girlfriend, so I can propose to her. We are both hardcore Pokemon fans and I really think it will be something special for her.

I can't really talk about it with any of my close friends because I'm afraid that they'll blab about it, and I don't want the surprise to be ruined. So I really needed a sounding board to discuss the project and perhaps get new or better ideas. I figure, what better place than this?

I've considered having the basic sphere shape carved out by some sort of wood, using a lathe or a similar technique, or trying to find an adequately sized wood ball to tinker with. I've also considered somehow using plastics, but I would either have to buy components that are similar in shape and function to a pokeball, or get it molded or 3D printed (and I cannot use a CAD program to save my life.)

I've been thinking that I somehow want the button on the front to be clear so i can mount a laser light/LED, perhaps in the hinge, so that it will diffract out of the front.

Now, this is something I have never really done, and from what I can tell, is almost entirely an original idea. I have not found a single, collector-quality custom Pokeball online. So any insights at all would be very welcome, as well as suggestions and ideas.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Custom Pokeball Project - Help!

So, will you have the grove around the middle of the pokeball and around the button carved out as well?

yeah, I'm actually looking at a few of the design mechanisms for the standard Pokemon toy. I just find that they aren't as detailed as they should be for a Pokemon collector. And none of them that I've seen have fixed the problem of that awful looking back hinge. I plan on making it divide like most pokeballs have in the past, with the upper portion carrying the black dividing line and button with it. I've been thinking how to best create the release mechanism so it doesn't impede the light.

Blog Entries

My guess is that it would be your ring box? If so you also have to think about how your going to carve it out, probably easy but not my expertise. Also what kind of pokeball i would suggest making a love ball if you can paint or just a regular or preimer ball if not. bit a simple soulation i can give you if you plan on making it your ring case is if you have it already build around that. If you do happen to complete this project this would be the second romantic thing i have seen on here, the other was getting a shymin for his wife as an anniversary present.
    "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

Yeah, i was planning on making it the ringbox. lol. and actually i was thinking about the premier ball, although a love ball would be a really great idea. I just remember her saying that she liked the simple design of the premier ball.

As for the ring i was thinking of somehow making it myself as well, and somehow getting it into an arcanine theme, because its her favorite pokemon and it can represent the "fire of love" lol. I was looking at Shapeways (3D printing company) to see if I could get a ring designed but no matter what I do it will be difficult.