Connection between Absol and Arceus?

View Poll Results: Is Absol a "messenger" of Arceus?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 36.36%
  • No

5 45.45%
  • Not sure

2 18.18%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Paulisthebest
  • 1 Post By coolcatkim22
  • 2 Post By Yato

Thread: Connection between Absol and Arceus?

Blog Entries

Default Connection between Absol and Arceus?

This has been a subject that has been eating at me since the release of DP but I never got around the making a thread about it. I’ve always debated whether or not these two Pokemon had some kind of connection.

When I first saw Arceus, I assumed that we had FINALLY gotten a much needed evolution for Absol! Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Absol; its look, gigantic move pool and the fact that it just “looks” Dark type. However, its lackluster stats means it is not able to hold its own in battle for very long which was what made me want an evolution for it so badly.

However, I soon learned that Arceus is a “stand-alone” Pokemon with its own form of “evolution” is the different plates that change its type. Now, Arceus is the “Pokemon-God” as some people put it creating the Sinnoh Region and possibly the entire world of Pokemon along with the Pokemon that inhabit it.

The fact that its signature attack is Judgment can be compared to Judgment Day in the Christian Religion. Of course Armageddon isn’t a Pokemon attack (yet, seriously it would a pretty bad-ass move!) but is in Christianity’s telling of the end of time, it also involves many disasters taking place things like war, famine, disease and of course natural disasters.

Now don’t you find it interesting that Absol is the DISASTER Pokemon? It only appears when a disaster is about to occur and its presence signifies that something bad is about to happen.

Honestly, I don’t know everything there is to know about Arceus and I’ve never even seen the movie based on it. However, I’m going to assume that Judgment was used in the movie and he “appeared” before using it.

To me Absol is Arceus’ “special Pokemon” in that it was made as a warning to the events that some would call disaster. Who knows, maybe a huge amount of Absol will show up when Arceus is going to end the Pokemon world?

In any case, their looks and move sets seem similar enough with both learning many “disaster” attacks like Thunder, Blizzard, etc.

images-3-.jpg images-2-.jpg

What do you think?
    Combusken likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Connection between Absol and Arceus?

This seems more fitting for the General Pokemon section, so I'll move it over there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    This seems more fitting for the General Pokemon section, so I'll move it over there.
    Sorry about that :(

hi

Probably not but it makes more sense than the Venonat & Butterfree connection.
    Paulisthebest likes this.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Probably not but it makes more sense than the Venonat & Butterfree connection.
    Yeah, I know what you mean at first I was just basing it off of looks but I was going a bit deeper in terms of characteristics being that Arceus "causes" potential disasters while Absol is like an "angel of ____" yeah I don't know the correct term but like God sends down angels to warn or give messages to people He had chosen to talk to is kind of like the Absol/Arceus "relationship."

Haha, I don't know I'm probably looking to far into this but hey it is fun to speculate this kind of stuff xD

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I think Absol is more a medium who can communicate somewhat with the supernatural Arceus. In all religions, there are mediums who deliver messages from the god they serve. I think Absol is like that - he just happens to be a medium that warns about disasters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    I think Absol is more a medium who can communicate somewhat with the supernatural Arceus. In all religions, there are mediums who deliver messages from the god they serve. I think Absol is like that - he just happens to be a medium that warns about disasters.
    Nice! To me I think about Michael and Gabriel in the Bible delivering messages from time to time like the birth of Jesus to Mary, the coming of the Judge named Samson to his mother before he was born and so on.

What I like about Pokemon in this comparison/situation is that it is an "unspoken" kind of thing where you just SEE an Absol and the message has already been delivered. It wouldn’t surprise me if they had some sort of connection; Arceus being able to “contact” the Absol that are living across the Pokemon world and the Absol had some kind of 6th sense (kind of explains how they can use Future Sight despite being a Dark type) about disasters to come. It just doesn’t seem like the kind of thing that happens by accident.

Another interesting point is in the Bible the Great Flood destroyed the world as God saw the world had been corrupted with evil and His “judgment” was that the world would be “re-started” after first destroying it for it to be reborn. Save for Noah and his family along with 2 of each animal, everyone and everything was destroyed. After that the rainbow became a symbol of the promise that He would never destroy the world again…with WATER.

Looking further into Scripture it mentions that the world would be destroyed a second time before the final “judgment” with FIRE.

Wait a second…Absol was introduced in Gen III (Hoenn) and the two signature legendaries; Kyogre and Groudon represented WATER and FIRE!!!! Kyogre’s ability being Drizzle would potentially flood the world as Team Aqua planned while the Drought ability of Groudon was going to be used to create more land due to the crimson legend being able to control molten elements forming more land. Now isn’t that interesting!!!

Again, this just seems too much of a coincidence to overlook OR I could be looking too far into this…

Haha, now that I think about it Drew having an Absol at the Kanto Grand Festival probably was a bad call seeing as to how he FINALLY lost to May for the very first time knocking him out in the Top 8 while in the last GF in Hoenn he took 2nd place. As for May, the "disaster message" given to her by seeing/battling an Absol was that absolute ass whopping she took from Solidad in the next round knocking her out of the festival with an almost 100% victory from Solidad who lost no more than what it looked to be around 25% of her total point score while wiping the floor with May making her finish in the Top 4.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Arceus is the "God" of Pokémon universe, and Absol could be devils (given that Dark-types are Evil-types in Japanese versions). However, Absol doesn'tact like devils. They can be messengers to Arceus, like some usual Pokémon. However, Absol is just a minor messenger because he's not a legendary Pokémon. The Lake Guardians (Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit) and the Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) are the major messengers of Arceus.

Most Pokémon can communiate with Arceus, especially those who can learn Future Sight (Arceus actually can learn this move too, because it's the God). However, we need further inspections about this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Arceus is the "God" of Pokémon universe, and Absol could be devils (given that Dark-types are Evil-types in Japanese versions). However, Absol doesn'tact like devils. They can be messengers to Arceus, like some usual Pokémon. However, Absol is just a minor messenger because he's not a legendary Pokémon. The Lake Guardians (Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit) and the Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) are the major messengers of Arceus.

Most Pokémon can communiate with Arceus, especially those who can learn Future Sight (Arceus actually can learn this move too, because it's the God). However, we need further inspections about this.
    No worries, I'm doing research in my spare time to come up with a legit theory and I'll post it once I finish. Like connection Gen III with the Water/Fire thing was something I just noticed when I made my last post with "Team Flare" coming in X/Y more might be needed to consider xD

In any case, I'm excited to look into this subject further.