Computer storage

Thread: Computer storage

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Question Computer storage

I have been wondering on this one for a while now. Computers can be used to store pokemon in boxes right? Here is the few questions I have (hard enough some I think):

1) How do the pokeballs that contain pokemon get put into the computers (I probably have not seen enough Anime episodes since Kanto/Johto ones to know a lot like some.

2) How do pokemon survive being on a computer when its turned off? Or survive in general while on there?

3) What would happen if a computer "broke down" or caught a virus? What would happen to the pokemon stored on the computer?

4) If the pokemon boxes can be accessed from different places, there must be a central storage for pokemon. If so, how do the pokemon get from there to out of the computer your on, or stored in computer? (This question relates to question 1)

well think those questions to be tricky. Any suggestions welcome.

Chances are that any stored pokemon would be on a server(ie the Internet) not one home pc, so that they are accessible from any computer.

I would guess that the 'dater' of the pokemon would be stored on the computer, and the pokeballs someplace else, but they can be sent over dater links.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

...Pokemon are not in the computer. They are somewhere else, most likely that professor's lab just like in the anime. The boxes are just for organization. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    ...Pokemon are not in the computer. They are somewhere else, most likely that professor's lab just like in the anime. The boxes are just for organization. >_>
    actually, in game canon, I think the boxes really are in the computer. You're supposedly accessing the PC of the person who invented the regional storage system, correct? If that were the case, then all the Pokemon would be going over to them. Now, given their facilities, do they really look like the type who can spend time caring for thousands of Pokemon? Let alone caring for them in a half-way decent environment? Besides, the whole "Pokemon need to be let out of their balls to eat and walk around now and again" seems to have been an anime invention (and given where Kojirou found his Masukippa, perfectly healthy after years of captivity, it's possible for that to have since been retconned).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

discontented with winter VibuzeSG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whenever anyone on the anime catches a Pokemon, it always turns into red light before entering the Pokeball. I kinda always figured the Pokemon got converted into data at that point (somehow) and could then be stored in a PC.

As for computer breakdowns, wasn't there a card in the TCG that displayed that sort of situation? I think it had an Onix shooting out of a PC, amongst other random Pokemon gizmos. Of course, I don't think the TCG is canon for much.

Sandgem Town, chaining for legit shinies and waiting for that Phione to hatch.

I personally always thought that the character would insert the Poké Balls through some sort of slot that takes them to Bebe's house.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Robert Oppenheimer
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one. I become Death, destroyer of worlds.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In one of the comics (I'm unsure of the exact title, but it's a series of 4 panel gags), there's a couple of jokes about the computer storage. Like a Meowth takes a different turn in the computer system and pops out of an ATM, or a Gyarados is being stored but the computer is super slow because the Gyarados is so big it got stuck in the line.

I'd love to see the Meowth one expanded on. It would make a hilarious episode, someone hacks into the computer system and pokemon wind up all over the city or something.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugozima View Post
    I personally always thought that the character would insert the Poké Balls through some sort of slot that takes them to Bebe's house.
    There is more than one storage system person, and if that what you said were true, trainers would not be able to access their pokemon if he/she was not thair ro upload pokemon and send them back to trainer, and there would be so many pokemon in the end to do that with, it would just not work.

In one of the comics (I'm unsure of the exact title, but it's a series of 4 panel gags), there's a couple of jokes about the computer storage. Like a Meowth takes a different turn in the computer system and pops out of an ATM, or a Gyarados is being stored but the computer is super slow because the Gyarados is so big it got stuck in the line.
    the garydos thing sounds neat, haha. That would make a fun episode... some goes to withdraw money from a ATM, types in amount and a bronzor shoots out the money slot. Interesting.

Well, I'm not okay. Neverender_1862's Avatar
    I live in a world where darkness has gripped and killed all my friends. I live in a world full of despair and hopelessness. SAVE ME FROM THE DARK.
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    I go with this guy. If the Pokemon were actually there they might be damaged if the system corrupts or something.

On the other hand, bulbapedia says that they're locked in suspended animation as energy, not data.