Buildings and structures in the Pokemon world

Thread: Buildings and structures in the Pokemon world

Blog Entries

Talking Buildings and structures in the Pokemon world

I was thinking of starting a topic about the various awesome buildings that dot the Pokemon world, such as Gyms, Pokemon Centers, game corners, department stores, towers, ruins, and much more!

Which buildings are your favorites? (For me, I like the Bell Tower, the Sky Pillar, the Celadon Department Store, the Olivine Lighthouse, and the Musical Theater.)

What are the histories behind them? Some of them have definite histories, but we can also discuss theories on buildings that aren't provided much of a background.

How tall do you think the various buildings are? (This one is specifically for towers and other tall buildings.)

You can also discuss other things related to the buildings. It can be related to the games, the anime, or the manga. Any buildings are welcome!

Default Re: Buildings and structures in the Pokemon world

Talking about buildings... I like the fact that in the games, "cities" are just a bunch of buildings in a small grid that most of them are inaccessible.

Buildings I like the Tin and Brass towers... How do those things--made out of wood--stand for more than a century?

While the buildings in Johto look more or less normal, I wonder what happened in Kantou. Playing Soulsilver, I discovered that some houses in Kantou look like barracks on the moon.

Why can't they just look like normal houses.

I've also found a house that seem cut in two, where the other half is gone. It's north from the second town in Johto, I think. A man gives you a berry there.

Pokemon Centres look rather boring in the games. In the anime they look more big and significant, not just a box that looks similar everywhere. They look a bit better in BW though, bigger and with more windows, but its not like some other buildings, like gyms.

My favorite region when it comes to buildings is Johto.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

Talk about buildings, I do have one question that I always wanted to ask. How come the buildings, specifically the Gyms and/or Battle Frontier facilities will not collapse even you battle massively in the inside?

I've seen many buildings in the anime or manga that went collapse or broken after a battle, but only the Gyms and/or Battle Frontier stay unfallen no matter how much attacks a Pokemon done to its structures. And interestingly, these places are the place where Pokemon battles always occurs, so in another sense it is the most "dangerous" place. These buildings surely have a super strong structure up to the level of unconvincing, because how on earth it can withstand even Explosion or Self-destruct attack (aka bomb attack) without becoming a decrepit building that is labeled as hazardous?
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Blog Entries

I really like that church-like building in Hearthome City. I wonder what was the inspiration behind that?

Also, I think the Devon Corporation has an awesome design.

sleeping is my passion Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I like the traditional Japanese architecture in a lot of the Johto cities, especially the Bell Tower in Ecruteak. It gives those places a historic/nostalgic feel.

The Dragonspiral tower is also really neat, it seems like such an otherworldly place.

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    While the buildings in Johto look more or less normal, I wonder what happened in Kantou. Playing Soulsilver, I discovered that some houses in Kantou look like barracks on the moon.

Why can't they just look like normal houses.

I've also found a house that seem cut in two, where the other half is gone. It's north from the second town in Johto, I think. A man gives you a berry there.

Pokemon Centres look rather boring in the games. In the anime they look more big and significant, not just a box that looks similar everywhere. They look a bit better in BW though, bigger and with more windows, but its not like some other buildings, like gyms.

My favorite region when it comes to buildings is Johto.
    Maybe some strange architectural style became a fad, so everyone started remodeling their homes. And then of course the fad passed, and now everyone is probably really regretting making their houses so weird looking, because now all the visitors take one look at them and assume the whole place is full of oddballs.

But since you described it as a bunker, and it's Vermillion City, make Lt. Surge had something to do with it. Hmm...

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

Ns Caste looks fantastic i think
    and i agree about the Japanese looking buildings are great i.e. the Johto towers

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Add Chiss on Facebook

I love the insides of houses, especially the pc houses. They just seem like nice places to live.

I love the houses in Fortree city :3 I'd like to give it a try living in a house like that :)