• Axew

5 9.80%
  • Other

18 35.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Best Replacement Mascot

Default Re: Best Replacement Mascot

I really don't think that Pikachu needs to be replaced but if he did it would probably be Zoura or something

I personally would like it to be marill because I like marill

So I voted for that even though it's very unlikely to be chosen if they change the mascot, which is also very unlikely.
    Yo

I like Pokemon

Blog Entries

I think it could be Buizel. It would make a good mascot ^.^ (It's also my favorite pokemon) Other than Buizel, I'd say Axew. He's somewhat like Misty's Togepi was in the anime.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

Pikachu isn't that easily to replace as a mascot. He will always be the face of Pokémon, same goes for Meowth who kind of shares the title of that.

But if they decided to replace all of that in Gen 5, I would say Minccino due it's equally cuteness and it can also evolve with a stone like Pikachu.

Pikachu doesn't need replacing. ._. "he sucks in battle" is probably the stupidest reason to replace a mascot ever.
    투 애니원 likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I'd go for Zorua, to be honest. Although I love Togepi and Minccino I think the macot needs to be a better balance of cute and cool; to look lovable but also as though it can at least hold its own so people don't dismiss it too easily as being one-dimensional/looks only.

The mascot is the face of the entire franchise and I just don't think any of the suggestions (or even any of the other Pokémon, really) quite embody it the way Pikachu does, so I really don't think it needs replacing. It just seems to be the perfect combination of usability, cuteness, coolness and memorability. It's distinctive and everyone I know recognises it fondly even when they don't like Pokémon itself. It's not too feminine or weak looking or too masculine or overpowered either. It might not be the best Pokémon for competition, but it's certainly usable for any kid who just wants one on their team and universal appeal and memorability is what counts here. It's everything a mascot should be, in my opinion, and if it isn't broken, why try to fix it?

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always figured Pichu, Plusle/Minun, Pachrisu and Emonga were considered the "Pikachu replacements" of their gen.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Pikachu doesn't really need a replacement.

But I'd say Clefairy, because of the Pocket Monsters manga and he was the original mascot.

Blog Entries

Um... I just feel like this needs to be said: Eevee! Why on earth would Eevee not be the perfect mascot?! It can be a ton of different types, so you can choose your own path, plus it's super cute

Blog Entries
    Add Dark Gengar on Facebook
    Visit Dark Gengar's Youtube Channel

I also believe is should be Pikachu because it's cute, speed and if you gave Pikachu a lightningrod, The effectiveness of electric attacks are zero. Also great agility and a known pokemon(My friend knows nothing about Pokemon but still remembers Pikachu).

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still think Pokémon should've gone for a different mascot in each generation, to in a way promote that there are many of them.

Pikachu... is an odd mascot. It was technically chosen by the players though given its popularity as an early rare thing, so it has proven to be iconic enough on its own. (Particularly being of the first creatures of a common magical element and somewhat relatable to a common creature while showing a mostly original design)
    So it IS a reasonable example of a pokémon to give to someone who doesn't know what Pokémon is.

In any case this is all pointless as by now, it's not like they can just go and change the mascot like if nothing.

After thinking carefully, I believe the Starter Pokémon make the best mascots for each generation. They have a perfect balance in being iconic characters, with recognizable magical elements... yet they also have enough variety and give the idea of choice of the player to show what pokémon is really about. And because they are different each generation, they ALSO tell a lot about the current games.
    Perhaps though, Starters + a Pokémon (or more) could work... but this pokémon should also be of the same generation, and be treated equally.

They COULD have perfectly gone for a basic pokémon of the 15 types for Gen I in rotation, but that'd have been unpractical, specially in the long run for later generations.

[/overexposition]

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i would have to say zoura. i say that because zoura has the cuteness and similar appeal that pikachu has (such as having an evolution that is quite amazing).

Blog Entries

The starters like Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123