Battling Outside the Box, or Pokemon MacGyvering - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battling Outside the Box, or Pokemon MacGyvering

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Battling Outside the Box, or Pokemon MacGyvering

OK, how about this:

You are a new trainer facing Misty. Her gym is a 7m deep swimming pool. You are down to your last Pokémon, Misty's Seaking and your Onix. Seaking is much stronger than your Onix, has a type advantage and there are no floats in the pool. How do you defeat Seaking?
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

I could take the easy way out and use dig to drain the pool, but I'll be more creative than that.

On serebii, it says that onix is 28 feet tall, so the pool wouldn't be deep enough for Onix to drown in. Really, Onix could take up the pool. He could use that time to dam Seaking into a corner. While Seaking is trapped within rocks, Onix can pretty much do what it wants wit Seaking, because it will lack mobility.

I got one.

You are battling against your rival, and you have one Pokemon left, a level 35 male Kirlia. Your rival has 2 Pokemon left, a lv. 27 Mightyena and a lv. 55 Salamence. Your Kirlia is up against Mightyena, but there's a problem. Your Kirlia only knows psychic, confusion, teleport, and Double Team. In your bag, you have a Dawn stone and a TM for Brick Break. However, if you defeat Mightyena you will be put up against the Salamence.
    Your environment is pretty barren save for a few trees, and a Beedrill nest. You have no Pokeballs, and the beedrills will attack anyone who gets in within a ten foot range.
    How do you beat your rival?
    Last edited by Fair Verona; 22nd September 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Use Psychic to move the beedrill nest to the mightyena, it's super effective, then provoke salamence by teleporting all over the place tricking him into crashing into the few trees.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Wynaut this?

You're a trainer, who's facing off against Drayden/Shaga for your 7th gym badge. He is down to his last Pokémon - a Haxorus. He defeated most of your team, and all you have left is a Mienfoo you've been training for a while before battling him. What do you do?
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    Wynaut this?

You're a trainer, who's facing off against Drayden/Shaga for your 7th gym badge. He is down to his last Pokémon - a Haxorus. He defeated most of your team, and all you have left is a Mienfoo you've been training for a while before battling him. What do you do?
    If I've been training him for a while, I would probably proceed normally. Slap some eviolite on, use fake out, then use toxic, then proceed to dodge Haxorus until he falls from the poison.

You only have a Feebas when you suddenly encounter a wild shiny Pidove. You only have one Pokeball, and it happens to be a safari ball. Your Feebas only knows Ice Beam and splash and you are also a good twelve levels over it. Your terrain is in a canyon with loose rocks. You have no other items other than the safari ball. How do you catch it?
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

hi

For the swimming pool question: I'd wait until Seaking comes up to attack then get Onix to grab him with his mouth or tail and throw the Seaking out of the water and then have Onix just attack Seaking until he faints.

For the rival question: I'd use a combination of teleport and double team to get Mightyena to knock it's self into the trees around it until he gets knocked out. For the Salamence I do almost the same thing except instead of getting it to ram into the trees (which lets face it, probably wouldn't effect him too much anyways) I just use it to tire him out. Then when he's tired I get Kirlia to use a barrage of confusion until he gets confused and then use Psychic a whole bunch of times. If he snaps out of confusion I just use more confusion attacks until he's confused again, rinse and repeat until we win.

For the Drayden question: Hm. I get Mienfoo to attack his feet and the ground around his feet. If that doesn't pull him to the ground, I'll get Mienfoo to taunt him until he goes into a charge, then at the last second Mienfoo will side step and trip his foot. When he's down on the ground Mienfoo will grab him by the head or neck then spin him and around then let go and let him fly into a wall. While he's down Mienfoo will repeatedly attack him before he gets up and even after he gets up, focusing punches on his weak points like the neck and the chest.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Blog Entries

For the Feebas question: I make Feebas use Splash, disturbing the rocks and making them fall. I freeze them with Ice Beam once they are at Pidove's sides, trapping it's wings and making it easy to catch with my Safari Ball.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

New situation: You're in the basement of the Shoal Cave, and as you get in there, the tide gets high, and the cave starts to be submerged in water, and you have to get out, your only Pokémon are a Combusken and a Swellow, and you've just angered a Walrein who is now after your ass, how do you get out?

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    New situation: You're in the basement of the Shoal Cave, and as you get in there, the tide gets high, and the cave starts to be submerged in water, and you have to get out, your only Pokémon are a Combusken and a Swellow, and you've just angered a Walrein who is now after your ass, how do you get out?
    defeat the walrein catch it them make it swim out the cave

or have combusken blast a new tunnel to the shoreline if its strong enough

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Shoal Cave is flooded at high tide, but no one said it was completely submerged. I could swim and keep my head up for a pretty long while, so no problem with breathing. Sending out my mons on one of the high ridges (which stay above water, as the map shows) would allow them to attack from a practical area. With the combined strength of two on one, I could hold the Walerin back long enough to get myself out of there.

hi

First I get Combusken to heat up the water with a fire attack so that it's warm enough for Swellow to go diving in. I get Swellow to dive in and catch some fish. I give these fish to the Walrein to calm and befriend Walrein. After befriend the Walrein I get the Walrein to surf and dive me out. Then we go to the nearest land and I get Combusken to start a fire so I can dry off.
    Alternatively, if the Walrein can't be calmed. I get Combusken to defeat the Walrein. After which, I get Combusken and Swellow to cut away at the cavern walls to make an ice flow. I stand on the ice flow and wait. If by the time I reach the top the tide hasn't gone out, I use my Pokemon to start creating holes in the ceiling of the basement. Making more water flow in however, the water will be flowing from so many holes it will be less with each new hole. So, all I have to do is fine the one with the least about of water coming out of it, go through it and then find the exit and get out.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    First I get Combusken to heat up the water with a fire attack so that it's warm enough for Swellow to go diving in. I get Swellow to dive in and catch some fish. I give these fish to the Walrein to calm and befriend Walrein. After befriend the Walrein I get the Walrein to surf and dive me out. Then we go to the nearest land and I get Combusken to start a fire so I can dry off.
    Alternatively, if the Walrein can't be calmed. I get Combusken to defeat the Walrein. After which, I get Combusken and Swellow to cut away at the cavern walls to make an ice flow. I stand on the ice flow and wait. If by the time I reach the top the tide hasn't gone out, I use my Pokemon to start creating holes in the ceiling of the basement. Making more water flow in however, the water will be flowing from so many holes it will be less with each new hole. So, all I have to do is fine the one with the least about of water coming out of it, go through it and then find the exit and get out.
    Swellow cant learn dive and unless it can learn that it will drown underwater because thats like saying a hawk or pigeon can dive underwater when they cant
    Owain likes this.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Swellow cant learn dive and unless it can learn that it will drown underwater because thats like saying a hawk or pigeon can dive underwater when they cant
    You know what else a Swellow can't do. HAVE THUNDER ARMOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    You know what else a Swellow can't do. HAVE THUNDER ARMOR.
    if you re gonna apply anime physics in this discussion then you can simply leave the thread

anyway anyone got new ideas?

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Here's a simple one:
    Team Rocket has trapped you in a sealed room full of lit cigars! The smoke will suffocate you in a matter of moments. You have an Excadrill that knows Dig, but you're already beginning to feel woozy...what do you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12