Arceus and other "gods" of Pokemon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arceus and other "gods" of Pokemon?

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default Arceus and other "gods" of Pokemon?

Everyone knows that Arceus created everything in the Pokemon universe. Assuming it also created Dialga to keep time flowing, and Palkia in charge of space. He also created Jirachi, I'm guessing, to give energy to the earth.
    Is there anyone that worships Arceus? It would make complete sense. In the games you see churches but they don't out right say why their there. I bet they worship Arceus right?

For some reason I'm facinated with the Creation Trio...

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Default Re: Arceus and other "gods" of Pokemon?

Thats a good question. I can't remember in the anime, but I know in the games there was only ever one church and it was the one of Hearthome City. That would indicate some kind of worshipping. It might be Arceus.

I do agree with out though. The Creation Trio is really interesting.. Even though its completely fictional, I think the history of the Pokemon world as a whole is interesting..
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

If this is true, then think about it. in every region there is a trio that means that arceus created them to look after each region. and i dont think of dialga palkia and giratina as the trio of sinnoh giratina to me is like the satan of the pokemon world
    Black FC: 0819-7847-4994

Blog Entries

Well, I guess we can't be absolutely certain of everything but we can say:
    Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina for obvious reasons.
    He then created Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf to embody emotion, willpower, and knowledge.
    Kyogre and Groudon were created to create the sea and land.. We can assume Rayquaza was created to create the atmosphere or at least to prevent conflict between the other two.
    Regigigas was created to move the continents..

So judging from this, Arceus is the only Pokemon "god". Unless theres something unknown that created Arceus. The thing I would like to know is, if these Pokemon had a role in creating the entire world/ universe, why are they only featured in one specific region's myths? Dialga and Palkia are only mentioned in Sinnoh mythology.
    Dark friend safari

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    Well, I guess we can't be absolutely certain of everything but we can say:
    Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina for obvious reasons.
    He then created Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf to embody emotion, willpower, and knowledge.
    Kyogre and Groudon were created to create the sea and land.. We can assume Rayquaza was created to create the atmosphere or at least to prevent conflict between the other two.
    Regigigas was created to move the continents..

So judging from this, Arceus is the only Pokemon "god". Unless theres something unknown that created Arceus. The thing I would like to know is, if these Pokemon had a role in creating the entire world/ universe, why are they only featured in one specific region's myths? Dialga and Palkia are only mentioned in Sinnoh mythology.
    Then did Arceus create Mew as well? But Mew has the DNA for ALL pokemons...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I was thinking about that and I think its possible that Arceus created the ones I said and then created Mew for the various reasons. But Mew somehow mutated or evolved into all the other Pokemon and thats where all of the other Pokemon came from.. Just a though. Game Freak will never tell us because they want us to "use our imaginations" unfortunately.
    Dark friend safari

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I was thinking about that and I think its possible that Arceus created the ones I said and then created Mew for the various reasons. But Mew somehow mutated or evolved into all the other Pokemon and thats where all of the other Pokemon came from.. Just a though. Game Freak will never tell us because they want us to "use our imaginations" unfortunately.
    Maybe Mew IS somehow a deformed baby Arceus? When we look in ancient myths, there are stories about powerful deformed gods and goddess. Maybe after Arceus came into being somehow, it gave birth to Mew, but Mew happened to fail being a god because it didn't have any powers Arceus intended to give, became deformed and remaind a fetus. However, it had all the DNA of every single pokemon that would appear in the future, so it went and created life?

Blog Entries

Maybe Mew IS somehow a deformed baby Arceus? When we look in ancient myths, there are stories about powerful deformed gods and goddess. Maybe after Arceus came into being somehow, it gave birth to Mew, but Mew happened to fail being a god because it didn't have any powers Arceus intended to give, became deformed and remaind a fetus. However, it had all the DNA of every single pokemon that would appear in the future, so it went and created life?
    I actually think that is a really good and plausible explanation. Especially since all of this is mythology with in the Pokemon world, it makes sense to use comparisons to real life mythologies too.
    Dark friend safari

Personally, I think the Pokemon game is made to be a lot like our world in terms of religions and beliefs in that there are many different Gods the characters believe in and worship just like there are many different religions and Gods in our world.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

I like what Frugrow's pointed out, because it's true. Specially considering the amount of people there are and how big the world is.

But considering how little we know of how the Pokemon World is divided I have a hard typing fully applying this idea with Pokemon and just summarize it to a hierarchy type thing. First came Arceus, then Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, then almost everything else. World is created, Pixie Trio shows up at some point before or after Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Regigigas do their thing to shape the world. Mew is made to populate the world. Rest of Legendaries are created for specific purposes, similarly to how gods in many religion do specific things. :T

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Arceus created all of the Pokemon World and Pokemon seem to have evolved from an ancestral Pokemon that evolved from organisms (Which is Mew). If you think about it they worship Arceus as a God and Scientists in the Pokemon World seem to be fascinated by Mew and it's DNA, as well as Pokemon evolution.

It seems a lot like the real world with Scientists studying evolution and DNA of past creatures like Dinosaurs and organisms and people in the real world also worship gods, or God.

They have just sort of replicated the real world into the games and anime. You see that a lot in the anime especially.

Blog Entries

I like what Frugrow and Kameinu both said. If you compare it to Greek Mythology. Arceus is Zeus. Then the rest are the other gods. Dialga is the God of Time, Palkia is the God of Space.. etc. Thats a really good way to look at it.
    Dark friend safari

YugiMoto-Quote-Reikokuna Altaïr Ibn La' Ahad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like what Frugrow and Kameinu both said. If you compare it to Greek Mythology. Arceus is Zeus. Then the rest are the other gods. Dialga is the God of Time, Palkia is the God of Space.. etc. Thats a really good way to look at it.
    Comparing Pokemon to Greek Mythology is a good way to start, there are some parts that don't neccasarily fit, but here we can have the basic idea of what's going on, unless Game Freak decides to change it up.
    The Forgotten Knight of the Forums. Don't you forget me too...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quote View Post
    Comparing Pokemon to Greek Mythology is a good way to start, there are some parts that don't neccasarily fit, but here we can have the basic idea of what's going on, unless Game Freak decides to change it up.
    Yeah, I mean there aren't a lot of Pokemon you could consider to be gods, but there are a lot of gods and goddesses in Greek Mythology. So using simple comparisons like that make sense. I'm not really sure what Game Freak could do to make it change a lot. Unless there is something above Arceus. I'm sure there are other Pokemon they could come up with that could be considered gods though.
    Dark friend safari

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Dragonite View Post
    If this is true, then think about it. in every region there is a trio that means that arceus created them to look after each region. and i dont think of dialga palkia and giratina as the trio of sinnoh giratina to me is like the satan of the pokemon world
    I know what you mean but I think the distortion world is awesome. Plus it's another deminsion not bothering anybody.
    P.S I loled at Giratina being satan

My Arceus card says "It's said to have emerged from a egg in a place where there was nothing", The pokemon universe, "Then it shaped the world." So Yeah, the only creator. Nothing else can create things only control them, like time. Right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast